Breaking Bad done, what next?

Nobody mentioned Californication.

Maybe not that much drama, but still a great show in my opinion.

Hank Moody should be every guys hero :)

I can not believe that no one has mentioned "Luther" yet. It is an absolutely brilliant show.

Luther <-- Must watch!

Game of Thrones <-- Must watch!

Dexter

Homeland

True Blood

Spartacus

The Walking Dead <-- Season one was fantastic. Season two, not so much.

Lost

House

Homeland

Prison Break

Person of Interest

So many amazing shows you will probably like, take your pick!

• 2 weeks later...

Breaking Bad Season 5 tonight.. or if i was an american it would be :( not ashamed to say i'll be torrenting the ass off this [until the dvd comes out].

Dexter

Justified

Leverage

True Blood

Firefly

Person of Interest

The Mentalist

Drive (there are technically 6 episodes online if you can find em but fox never aired all of them)

Dollhouse

Dead Like Me

Reaper

The Walking Dead

I can't honestly add 24 to that list because it was just crap with office politics filler and his daughter showing up randomly to screw things up in really really bad situations after 2 seasons.

I started on The Wire and i'm struggling to get in to it, i'm really interested in that ghetto black drug culture but there is too much 'police sitting around talking' going on in between.

The Shield looks similar but much more going on so i may skip it and try that

Breaking Bad Season 5 tonight.. or if i was an american it would be :( not ashamed to say i'll be torrenting the ass off this [until the dvd comes out].

You could always sign up here for the live stream free ;)

Breaking Bad 4 DISH

• 1 year later...

Digging up an old thread, what's everyone watching now? Anything new for 2014?

Since making this i've went through a few recommended shows The Wire, Weeds. Prison Break didn't get a mention but is probably one of the best shows i've watched along with The Wire... i've got my hands on Luther & American Horror Story so watching those soon but still looking for more shows to add to my library.

Also watched New Girl and Suits.

I'd recommend Top Boy, 2 seasons 4 part short british drama, well worth a watch.

Continuum is kinda nice, Helix just started on Jan. 10th, Warehouse 13, TBBT.

There's also 666 Park Avenue which I thought was great, but got cancelled after just one 13-episode season. Sad :(

Since making this i've went through a few recommended shows The Wire, Weeds. Prison Break didn't get a mention but is probably one of the best shows i've watched along with The Wire... i've got my hands on Luther & American Horror Story so watching those soon but still looking for more shows to add to my library.

I'd recommend Top Boy, 2 seasons 4 part short british drama, well worth a watch.

I just started watching The Wire and it looks interesting.  I think I'll at least check out a few episodes.

True Detective on HBO premiered last week with the follow up episode to night.  First show I've watched since Breaking Bad thats given me a "Oh, this looks good" through-and-through vibe.  In fact, I'd say the True Detective premiere was way better than Breaking Bad's first episode, but that is just my opinion.

• Like 1

New stuff:

- First episode of "True Detective"was great

- Watching, but not liking as much as I hoped I would, the new season of "Community"

- Liking "The Mentalist" after the series reset (of sorts)

Re-watching old stuff:

- Early seasons (1-8) of "The Simpsons"

- "Twin Peaks"

I just started watching The Wire and it looks interesting.  I think I'll at least check out a few episodes.

True Detective on HBO premiered last week with the follow up episode to night.  First show I've watched since Breaking Bad thats given me a "Oh, this looks good" through-and-through vibe.  In fact, I'd say the True Detective premiere was way better than Breaking Bad's first episode, but that is just my opinion.

The first time i watched The Wire didn't enjoy the first few episodes at all, i left it and went back to it at a later date and managed to get myself hooked on it.. it's probably one of the greatest shows i've watched along with Breaking Bad. Each season gets better.

Few mentions of True Detective, i'll give this a shot.

Luther

I've decided to go back through Luther, and I'd forgotten how brilliant it was.

Sherlock

I watched series 3 over the past couple of days. Overall, I'm disappointed.

A majority of the first episode seemed to be spent with people welcoming Sherlock back and dodging the question of how he survived, the second episode centered on the wedding, and the third episode seemed to be mostly a set up for the next series. :(

Modern Family

Completely different to Breaking Bad in every way, but it's funny and it passes the time for me.

On me list of shows that I need to catch up on, I think I have The Walking Dead, American Horror Story, The Blacklist, Homeland, and maybe New Girl and Community. I probably have some others, I need to go and check. :laugh:

Prison Break certainly did get a mention on the previous page! ;) i cant recommend that enough, i've watched the entire series twice now!!

Shows on at the moment:

• Homeland - Great story, loads of action with a lot of suspense. This is my replacement for 24.
  • Person of Interest - Hard to explain without giving away too much of the story, think Minority report, stopping crimes before they happen, except all they have to go on is a social security number.
  • Suits - Sounds boring, however is a really interesting legal drama.

Past shows that are great:

• Lost - Series about a plane crash on an island, however all is not as it appears. Probably my favourite TV series of all time. Like yourself all i had really watched before that was the Simpsons, Southpark and Family Guy. Watch the pilot and ill be amazed if your not hooked :D
  • 24 - None stop action and suspense, episodes happen in real time. Each series happens in real time takes place over a day, with each episode been 60 mins long (with adverts) story lines include plots to assassinate the president and terrorist attacks. (Long since finished however the shows getting a new series this year)
  • House - Medical drama, again this sounded boring to me however Hugh Laurie really makes this something great to watch.

Prison Break certainly did get a mention on the previous page! ;) i cant recommend that enough, i've watched the entire series twice now!!

Shows on at the moment:

• Homeland - Great story, loads of action with a lot of suspense. This is my replacement for 24.
  • Person of Interest - Hard to explain without giving away too much of the story, think Minority report, stopping crimes before they happen, except all they have to go on is a social security number.
  • Suits - Sounds boring, however is a really interesting legal drama.

Past shows that are great:

• Lost - Series about a plane crash on an island, however all is not as it appears. Probably my favourite TV series of all time. Like yourself all i had really watched before that was the Simpsons, Southpark and Family Guy. Watch the pilot and ill be amazed if your not hooked :D
  • 24 - None stop action and suspense, episodes happen in real time. Each series happens in real time takes place over a day, with each episode been 60 mins long (with adverts) story lines include plots to assassinate the president and terrorist attacks. (Long since finished however the shows getting a new series this year)
  • House - Medical drama, again this sounded boring to me however Hugh Laurie really makes this something great to watch.

My bad, had a quick scan through the thread before posting and didn't notice it lol. I agree with Suits, most people turn their nose up at it when i mention it but it's a great watch, if not for the eye candy alone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What is season 2 of American Horror story like? just finished S1 and wasn't impressed.. couple of creepy bits but seemed to lose it's way quickly and every episode blurred the lines between ghosts and humans to the point you barely know who's alive and who isn't and does it even matter?

What is season 2 of American Horror story like? just finished S1 and wasn't impressed.. couple of creepy bits but seemed to lose it's way quickly and every episode blurred the lines between ghosts and humans to the point you barely know who's alive and who isn't and does it even matter?

I get what you mean about season one, season 2 was better.