Transformers 4 (Official Thread)

Saw a screening tonight. Found it more enjoyable than the previous two, definitely improved with the new cast, but I still prefer the first. There are issues, even some inconsistencies (to my best recollection), but not nearly as egregious as the previous two films. The earlier commercials didn't do the CG justice, specifically the scene where Optimus looks up and gets shot. It's waaaay more polished and looked fantastic throughout. The movie is a solid 2 hours 45 minutes and could definitely have been shorter, but The Hobbit was far worse in that regard. There was a lot happening though, so it's not like it was padded with fluff. Tons and tons and tons of booms and destruction, and loaded with Bay-isms. 7 out of 10.

Dinobots, who are called Knights IIRC, along with Optimus (huh?), don't come into play until two hours into the movie. The end sets up for a fifth film, probably with Unicron as the creator of the Transformers, which seems to go against the All Spark creating them.

And against the fact that the Quintessons actually made the Transformers in the animated series. Also, odd that they call the Dinobots are called 'Knights' :/

Must say, damn good movie.  

My father and I went to an early screening tonight and it was damn good.  And I like how they set up the next movie.

Must say, damn good movie.  

My father and I went to an early screening tonight and it was damn good.  And I like how they set up the next movie.

Better than the first one or no?

I watched it on Friday, great movie but I felt there was too much joking going on again. The references towards Nicola Peltz and what she was wearing wasn't really needed IMO. The in movie advertising of a few companies and basically pointing right at it not just a basic move the camera over something was stupid too. Yes we all know the movie was made mostly in the USA and I'm american but WTF is with all the focus on the US Flag???? They really did a lot of over kill on certain things which to me kinda made it #2 on the list of the 4.

The focus was supposed to be more on the robots I thought than the human side of it but again this wasn't the case and it revolved around them once again with just different actors. Sorry to say that this movie so far isn't the top movie for me of the year at all, I'm sure the last Hobbit will beat it out.

And against the fact that the Quintessons actually made the Transformers in the animated series. Also, odd that they call the Dinobots are called 'Knights' :/

Which goes aginst the comic book itself where it was Primus who made the first transformers in his own image - he is the brother of Unicron, and he is the planet Cybertron

Which goes aginst the comic book itself where it was Primus who made the first transformers in his own image - he is the brother of Unicron, and he is the planet Cybertron

Just looked this up and you're right. Though I also read that it depends on the incarnation of the Transformers. Too bad they decided to create a completely new type of origin for the Transformers in the live-action films, but I guess it makes sense. The origin in the films is called 'Cube Creationism' apparently.

Not sure if anyone saw this or not but I would rather the movie had this kind of feel than what we got. http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/4/5870309/transformers-stop-motion-video When I saw TF4 it was just way too long. A lot of what happened in that film could have been done in an hour and 30 minutes instead of it being almost 3 hours. Next time I will install this app on my smart phone instead of squirming in my seat till the movie is over. http://runpee.com/

Not sure if anyone saw this or not but I would rather the movie had this kind of feel than what we got. http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/4/5870309/transformers-stop-motion-video When I saw TF4 it was just way too long. A lot of what happened in that film could have been done in an hour and 30 minutes instead of it being almost 3 hours. Next time I will install this app on my smart phone instead of squirming in my seat till the movie is over. http://runpee.com/

Now see I disagree with this use as in having the damn phone out and on a timer!!! I never EVER take my phone into the theater - it sits in the damn car!!! Why? Well I respect everyone else trying to watch the movie without some annoying sound or worse the LIGHT these things can emit now. I've gone to the manager a few times at the theater I go to when I see them pulled out for just a second. I will not be subjected to it when there are clearly notices placed around and I paid a lot of money to see a movie.

I understand the purpose of the app but I disagree with it being used during any part of the movie....just get up and go take a pis5 when you have to go pis5!

Or just take your damned ###### before and after the movie. ya weak bladder...

5/10. Better then the 3rd. Worse then the first 2. Way to long, inconsistency etc etc. Wouldn't recommend. Wait for a rip.

Just saw this film last night, i have to say, better then the 3rd one. Bit i think the very last battle scene was abit tad over long. Other then that a good film!

Watched it yesterday and it was worth watching in IMAX. Gets a 7/10 from me and Nicola Peltz & Jack Reynor acting was terrible hence minus points  Yes, the movie is bit too long but I didn't notice any lengthy fillers or unnecessary scenes unlike Hobbit 2 (Long Dragon talking scene was annoying).