Transformers 4 (Official Thread)

During a wide-ranging and candid interview with Huffington Post, Bay talked openly about why he decided to return to the series:

?I thought I was done. Then the ride came out [at Universal Studios Hollywood] and the two-and-a-half-hour lines. And then you?re thinking, Oh my God, someone?s going to take this over. And you start doing a lot of soul-searching. Like, OK, I?m about to do a little movie, Pain & Gain ? and the studio says they want to restart the franchise. And someone could come in here and screw it up, you know? So I?m thinking that if I do this last one, we set it on a new footing, we change a lot of things ? but we keep the history of the three in place. But we broaden it so it can be set up and be carried on ? it would have a better chance for survival, I guess. You know??

Though I have no doubt that Bay was still itching to do another Transformers film, he doesn?t deny that signing on for T4 also guaranteed Pain and Gain would get made:

?[Paramount] wanted me to do something bigger. There are not a lot of people who do these big movies. So that?s why you have to twist their arm a little bit to do [something like Pain and Gain]. So I basically said, ?All right, I?ll do Transformers 4, we?ll do this little movie ? we?ll do both.?

?No [it?s not a reboot]. We?re basically taking from the history of where it was ? or where we left it in Chicago. And we?re going to carry it on from there.?

http://collider.com/michael-bay-transformers-4-sequel/197173/

Will Michael Bay Be Involved With TRANSFORMERS 5 After All?

Last weekend at the Con X KC in Kansas City, Missouri, Morshower (who also provides the introduction to Universal Studios' Transformers 3D ride) discussed the continuation of the series, as well as whether or not he'll be back for future installments. "After I did the opening ceremonies for the ride, [executive producer] Steven Spielberg walked up to me and chatted and said 'You know we've got you set to do the fourth one and probably the fifth one on the heels of that," Morshower revealed. "So, I guess in December we are on our way to making 4 and 5."

Will Michael Bay Be Involved With TRANSFORMERS 5 After All?

Last weekend at the Con X KC in Kansas City, Missouri, Morshower (who also provides the introduction to Universal Studios' Transformers 3D ride) discussed the continuation of the series, as well as whether or not he'll be back for future installments. "After I did the opening ceremonies for the ride, [executive producer] Steven Spielberg walked up to me and chatted and said 'You know we've got you set to do the fourth one and probably the fifth one on the heels of that," Morshower revealed. "So, I guess in December we are on our way to making 4 and 5."

I don't see how that quote implies Bay is doing a fifth movie. It just implies Morshower will be in the fifth movie.

I don't see how that quote implies Bay is doing a fifth movie. It just implies Morshower will be in the fifth movie.

I am sure the article writer assumed that because he said they are filming 4 and 5 probably together...alot of assuming really

• 4 weeks later...
Bleeding Cool found this report at SpoilerTV that claims the "new female lead that they are looking for is a high school senior and her boyfriend a Texas racing driver." Texas, eh? Could we be looking at a NASCAR tie-in with this Transformers movie?

Meanwhile, actor Glenn Morshower -- who appeared in the original three Transformers films as General Morshower and then reprised the role for Transformers: The Ride -- claims in this recent video interview that he'll be back for Transformers 4 and, apparently coming right on the heels of it, Transformers 5.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/16/transformers-4-lead-characters-revealed

TRANSFORMERS 4 To Film In London According To New Casting Call

Production: TRANSFORMERS 4 (Feature Film)

Employer: BDiscovered

Duration: 3 months, starts approximately April/May 2013 (non-Equity artist contracts)

Director: Michael Bay. Looking for Talent to send to Casting Director - This is a Paramount Pictures production filmed in various locations overseas.

Apply to: Tina Hartery

1. Female / 18-24 yrs. / Any Ethnicity. [Others like this]

FEMALE LEAD - 18 to play high school senior?LEAD ETHNICITY - ANY

2. Male / 18-24 yrs. / Any Ethnicity. [Others like this]

MALE LEAD - Her 20-21 year old boyfriend, raised in Texas & drives racecars?LEAD ETHNICITY - ANY

• 3 weeks later...

Mark Wahlberg Cast and New Logo

transformers-4-logo1-600x404.jpg

HOLLYWOOD, CA (November 8, 2012) ? After an exceptionally successful collaboration on the upcoming ?Pain and Gain,? Michael Bay has cast Academy Award?-nominee Mark Wahlberg in the highly anticipated ?TRANSFORMERS 4.? The film will hit theaters June 27th, 2014.

?Mark is awesome. We had a blast working on ?Pain and Gain? and I?m so fired up to be back working with him. An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers? legacy,? said Bay.

Bay will direct the next installment in the ?TRANSFORMERS? series, which begins shooting next spring. From Paramount Pictures, a division of Viacom, Inc., in association with Hasbro, the film will be produced by Don Murphy & Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce, and executive produced by Steven Spielberg, Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian.

Bay?s first ?TRANSFORMERS? film was a box office sensation in 2007, opening at #1 and earning more than $700 million worldwide. His second installment ?TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN? in 2009 grossed more than $830 million worldwide. In 2011, ?TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON? was an even bigger hit worldwide, grossing more than a billion dollars to become the 5th highest grossing film of all time. To date, the franchise has earned more than $2.6 billion worldwide.

From acclaimed director Michael Bay comes ?Pain and Gain,? a new action comedy starring Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson and Anthony Mackie. Based on the unbelievable true story of three personal trainers in 1990s Miami who, in pursuit of the American Dream, get caught up in a criminal enterprise that goes horribly wrong. Ed Harris, Tony Shalhoub, Rob Corddry, Rebel Wilson, and Bar Paly also star. The film is based on magazine articles by Pete Collins, with a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely and produced by Donald DeLine, Michael Bay and Ian Bryce.

?PAIN AND GAIN? opens in theaters everywhere April 26th, 2013.

Mark Wahlberg Led TRANSFORMERS 4 To Pick Up Four Years After DARK OF THE MOON

From Bay:

"The movie is going to continue 4 years on from the attack on Chicago which was in the last movie. So it?s going still to have the same lineage but going in a full, new, different direction and it actually feels really natural how it is going in that direction."

Boom! Boom! Boobs! ***** in danger! Giant plastic robots! Boom! BOOOOM! Clumsy teenhage hero save the world.

don't think marky mark can play a teenager now :rofl:

LoTnk.jpg

Isabelle Cornish, Luke Grimes And More Being Tested For TRANSFORMERS 4; First In A New Trilogy?

The Hollywood Reporter have revealed that the story of Transformers 4 will focus on Mark Wahlberg's character (who is still shrouded in mystery) and his daughter. The third lead in the film will be her boyfriend, a race car driver...who wants to bet that there's more to some of the vehicles he drives than meets the eye? Isabelle Cornish (Limitless) and Nicola Peltz (The Last Airbender) are two of the actresses currently vying for the role, while there are five young actors competing to play the boyfriend. These include Luke Grimes (Brothers & Sisters), Landon Liboiron (Terra Nova), Brenton Thwaites (Blue Lagoon: The Awakening), newcomer Jack Reynor and Hunter Parrish (Weeds). Sources tell the site that Paramount are only offering strict three-picture deals and telling actors that they must clear their schedules for an April-November shoot.

Transformers 4 to be filmed in China?

Love them or hate them, there's no getting around the fact that the majority of people are fans of the Transformers movies. All three have been a huge hit at the box office, but if the following news is anything to go by, Paramount Pictures and Michael Bay want MORE, MORE, MORE (and who can blame 'em?). Vulture reports that the currently untitled Transformers 4 looks likely to be set in mainland China, not because of any real story reasons, but due to the fact that, "By getting Chinese culture into it, there?s a better chance of getting it into China and less chance of getting frozen out," explains one knowledgeable insider.

The Chinese box office continues to grow at an exponential rate - it is now the second largest international market in the world behind only Japan - despite the fact that the government only allow 34 foreign films a year to be shown (this is down to them worrying that more blockbusters being screened will damage their own film industry). They showed their dislike of such releases earlier this year when they pitted The Amazing Spider-Man and The Dark Knight Rises against one another, taking a huge chunk out of what they could have made had been released at different times. They basically just want to suppress the earnings of such films.

It's a long and complicated story, and while the script for Transformers 4 is still being written, Paramount have so far denied claims that it will film in China. However, Vulture's source tells them that locations are already being scouted and deals being made. The Chinese government even want to supervise how the script comes together as "They want to make sure that the Chinese military are depicted as a highly competent group of super-fighters, not some third-world force." Oh, and don't expect director Michael Bay to use this opportunity to make any points about their controversial regime. It's all about the explosions baby! "[bay] is not going to make some political statement about [Chinese government] atrocities or oppression. He?s going to be more interested in showing how robots blow up some corner of the Great Wall of China."

Source

Did i just read right.. No Optimus Prime? :|

Can't say I would accept Transformers 4 with no Optimus... Would be about as bad as a Transformers movie starring Leader 1 and Cy-kill. lol