The 2003 "World Series" Thread

hehe, this is the only way i can enjoy this thread. marlins vs. yanks makes me want to puke.

Cubs vs Red Sox would have made me puke.

Can you say... Loser Series? :\

ROFL.

Beckett is going to get lit up now that the Yankees hitters have seen him.

Yankees in 7, the lucky Marlins can only be lucky to a certain extent.  They won't get past Pettite or Moose.

It's too bad Pro Player stadium is a football stadium, if it had been a normal baseball stadium, Bernie's hit woulda tied it up, and Bernie'd have 4 homers in the WS.

Oh well, no excuses -- losing Wells in the first inning hurt, but Torre made a mistake by putting Contreras in so early.  Shoulda asked Wells to stay out for an out, or maybe just 3-4 pitches and let Contreras get warm.

PS- What's with the Marlins bandwagon fans...?  I know of like 5 people who suddenly LOVE the Marlins and have "followed" them since the beginning.  I also noticed how 3 of the 5 are from Boston... hrm.

Your statements are foolish at best. Beckett has allowed 6 hits and 3 runs over his last 20.1 innings while striking out 24. If you think that he's going to "get lit up", you're on some sort of illicit substance. The only run he gave up the yankees was on a bases loaded walk and the only player who even got a hit off of him in game 3 was Jeter. Beckett threw a 3 hitter (all hits to Jeter) over 7.1 innings. As for the Marlins not getting past star pitching...dont' bet on it. Ask the cubs all about that. Prior and Wood, with no offense to Pettite and Mussina, are far more dominant this postseason. The hottest pitcher in baseball right now is Beckett anyway, without a doubt. Not to mention the marlins have Pavano for game 7 should they need him. Yankees couldn't seem to solve him in Game 4 and I wouldn't be against a repeat in Game 7...

As for my being a Marlins fan: I'm from Miami and I have been a Marlins fan since they were innaguarated. Not sure about anyone else on here or all of the fans you've heard about, but I'm a fan and I'm happy to say that. Say whatever you want.

3 more outs and marlins win the series! :D

if you havent been watching the game thus far, man you've missed out .. been a very well played gamed on the marlins part :) Beckett is off the chain tonight :D

Hate em both but the Yankees fans have been esp annoying this year.

1 more out and its STFU till next year :D

/edit: Thats it buh bye!

*sigh* Not for nothing, when the yankees win, any yankee fans I know never bash the other team. The marlins won, they earned it, but I hope the marlin fans respect yankee fans.

*sigh* Not for nothing, when the yankees win, any yankee fans I know never bash the other team. The marlins won, they earned it, but I hope the marlin fans respect yankee fans.

we all know how yankees fans are known for being respectfull of other teams fans :blink:

Next year its the Phils all the way...no..really :p

im just glad cause i dont have to deal with the mamby pamby congradulatory bull**** that lasts 6 months including parties with media coverage, parades, speeches from bloomberg, and interviews w/ fans partying in the streets.... the marlins will quietly go back to FL and celebrate w/ no media coverage and i dont have to listen to any crap for naother season

next year my braves do the same thing .. best record in the league .. become the divison champs and choke! oh well. they're a damned good team :) ... great game tonight ... sucks to be shut out at home .. go marlins ;D

HELL YEAH GO MARLINS!!

I was at the marlins opening game frezzing my ass of WHEN we got our ass kick and i told my self is going to be a long long season. I never thought we would make it to the playoffs... and not even close to the world series...

AND HERE WE ARE THE MLB WORLD CHAMPS!!!!!!

GO MARLINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMA PARTY ALL NIGHT TONIGHT............

Oh well, Beckett (and the Yankees hitters) surprised me tonight.

Sigh, three straight disappointing years -- is this the end of the "I'm tired of the Yankees winning" comments? Please? :(

what a season it was.. only 4 months til pitchers and catchers report to spring training :) .. i look forward to watching my braves go for another division title.. i dont expect anything after that, ive learned better

anyways, i suppose im done with the baseball threads for this season, its been fun everyone, hopefully you will all be back next year for more baseball discussion/argument, hopefully in our very own sports forum.. :rolleyes:

congrats to the Florida Marlins - 2003 World Series Champions

libL7SMN.jpg