• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Download youtube videos with subtitles/translation

Question

Koshur    2

hi

Any idea how i can download a video along with its subtitles/translations that show up on youtube (when we press cc button on the player). It really does not make sense to download a video in any foreign language without its translations. Any freeware or licensed software there i can use for this??

Cheers!

mArK

5 answers to this question

Koshur    2

come on guyz, 300+ views n no reply..!!!!!????

+BudMan    3,544

I was going to reply, but then thought better of it - because my reply would of just ****ed you off ;)

But since your insisting

http://www.youtube.c...&template=terms

---

You agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Service itself, the Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means YouTube may designate.

Content is provided to you AS IS. You may access Content for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under these Terms of Service. You shall not download any Content unless you see a ?download? or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content.

You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Content therein.

---

Just some highlights of the TOS

So do you see a download button next to your video? Does it provide the subtitles in this download? If not then sure seems like you would be in violation of the TOS of that site. Not something I want to help with - sorry.

Plus your avatar looks like your ****ed off at me, so didn't really want to help with that sort of attitude before we even started talking ;)

shinji257    18

I'm going to add that even if it were permitted in their ToS that it isn't possible anyways. They don't make it visible in the code to allow for grabbing and if they are smart like another site I deal with it will be encrypted and decrypted by the player itself on the fly.

• Like 1

Koshur    2

I was going to reply, but then thought better of it - because my reply would of just ****ed you off ;)

But since your insisting

http://www.youtube.c...&template=terms

---

You agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Service itself, the Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means YouTube may designate.

Content is provided to you AS IS. You may access Content for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under these Terms of Service. You shall not download any Content unless you see a ?download? or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content.

You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Content therein.

---

Just some highlights of the TOS

So do you see a download button next to your video? Does it provide the subtitles in this download? If not then sure seems like you would be in violation of the TOS of that site. Not something I want to help with - sorry.

Plus your avatar looks like your ****ed off at me, so didn't really want to help with that sort of attitude before we even started talking ;)

Thanks for TOS about this. Didn't quite know about this. BTW my avatar does have some mood problems...not me..j :) just that i was expecting a quick yes or no, thanks any way for TOS again.. :rolleyes:

Brandon H    3,111

Thread Locked

Please do not resurrect threads that are excessively old. OP has not been active since 2015.

Thank You

• Like 1