Charlie Sheen Cast As U.S. President in 'Machete' Sequel

v8Bfr.jpg

Director Robert Rodriguez made the announcement on Twitter Thursday.

Charlie Sheen is in negotiations to play the U.S. president in Machete Kills, Robert Rodriguez?s sequel to his Grindhouse action movie Machete.

Rodriguez made the announcement Thursday on Twitter, where he wrote, ? I just cast Charlie Sheen in #machetekills as the President of the United States! Who better? More soon?? Sheen retweeted that message, and a representative for the comedian confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that negotiations are taking place.

Rodriguez is currently in production on the movie, which once again stars Danny Trejo as Machete and includes Jessica Alba, Mel Gibson, Amber Heard, Sofia Vergara and Zoe Saldana.

Sheen's father, Martin Sheen, famously played the President in NBC's West Wing.

The new story sees Machete being called upon by the U.S. government to stop a cartel leader and an arms dealer who have a weapon in space.

The broadly-written part initially called for the president to be African-American and have a basketball court on the White House lawn but has since been rewritten.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/charlie-sheen-machete-kills-robert-rodriguez-340841

• 1 month later...

Is it weird that I find her very attractive in that poster pic? Especially them legs. THEM LEGSSSSSSSSS

Yeah she sometimes looks good

Why would you cast a crack head ?

If they can cast Lindsay Lohan, they can have Charlie Sheen. Someone with tiger blood and Adonis DNA deserves to be president, at least in a movie.

Because no USA president had anything to do with drugs, right?

No idea, I live in the UK, most I know about US presidents is Clinton had an affair, Bush had no clue, Obama first black president, that is where my US history knowledge ends, and its not much better for UK PMs either :p

The trailer for the film, which appeared with the Grindhouse films, was awesome, but it didn't translate very well to a full feature length film. Probably because there was so much time from the faux trailer to the actual film and I had higher hopes than what they could possibly produce.

With that said, I hope this film is better than the first one.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...