From UFO disbeliever to believer

No you're not going to prove anything because you can't. If proof existed this wouldn't be a debate. Again you make the claim while offering zero proof to back up that claim, the burden of proof is on you, no body else.

Go watch Ancient Aliens on the History channel.

And in all fairness nature can also provide almost the exact same effects. A big storm or even a volcano can provide very similar visualization to that as you just mentioned. As for the flying chariots, the more simple explanation would be that of a meteor or comet.

Another thing to remember is that back then, the avg person had the education level of maybe a 3rd grader. Their understanding of the world back then was based on ignorance for the most part. They thought the world was flat and the center of the universe and something as simple as a magnet would defy all logic for the most part. So for someone back then, what we understand as a meteor shower, an earthquake or any other strange event was considered other worldly and didn't have a place in their society as something simple and natural.

Very true as well. I have said the exact same words.

I completely understand what you are getting at. I always thought the Creator of Independence Day implied that. In the christian bible, it says that when god came down from the heavens, the skys were set on fire and ablaze, with roaring thunder, on a big golden chariot. If you watch ID4 ( the one with Will Smith ), it gives a very awesome visualization of that description.

I'm Atheist, but If there is any type of "god", it is just an alien creature that created us. In my belief.

Exactly and our technology is proving this to us. If we can do it sometime in the future, then someone else could have done it to us in the past. A lot of ancient text talk about star people descending from the skies.. hmm I wonder what that could be..

[. . .] And for the people who believe 'God' created us well just apply the same logic to that story too and suddenly it's not so crazy after all.

No, it's just as crazy. Believing any deities exist?based on no proof?is crazy, just like believing aliens created us?based on no proof?is crazy.

[. . .] Aliens do not exist [. . .]

Stating that with certainty is foolish, considering how many galaxies exist. It's very likely that aliens exist.

No, it's just as crazy. Believing any deities exist?based on no proof?is crazy, just like believing aliens created us?based on no proof?is crazy.

By your logic, believing in the big bang is crazy.

By your logic, believing in the big bang is crazy.

Believing in anything that hasn't been/cannot be proven is crazy. That's just logical thinking. I wouldn't usually use the word 'crazy', but I was replying to what you said. I prefer to use the word 'foolish',

And many things do exist -- just because a particular thing isn't in your back yard, does not mean it exists nowhere. ;)

Just because it could exist somewhere, doesn't mean it exists here.

Stating that with certainty is foolish, considering how many galaxies exist. It's very likely that aliens exist.

Its a virtual certainty that 'aliens' (intelligent life on other worlds) exists, just due to the numbers involved. The real question is - have they visited earth? When I was younger, I was sure they had. Now, I'm convinced they haven't.

Believing in anything that hasn't been/cannot be proven is crazy. That's just logical thinking. I wouldn't usually use the word 'crazy', but I was replying to what you said. I prefer to use the word 'foolish',

If we had the technology to visit other planets and populate them, would we? Why would it be foolish to think it could have happened here in the past, it would explain a lot of mysteries.

If you people would take the time to do some research like I did, you would understand that what I say makes sense and is completly logical.

Its a virtual certainty that 'aliens' (intelligent life on other worlds) exists, just due to the numbers involved. The real question is - have they visited earth? When I was younger, I was sure they had. Now, I'm convinced they haven't.

If that's what you meant in your previous post, I understand your point. It's hard to know how likely it is that aliens have or haven't visited Earth.

If we had the technology to visit other planets and populate them, would we? Why would it be foolish to think it could have happened here in the past, it would explain a lot of mysteries.

There seems to be some misunderstanding here. Thinking something is possible and exploring theories is not foolish at all (it's what should happen); however, stating something with certainty, basing that statement on no proof, is what is foolish, and that's what I was replying to. You stated with certainty that aliens created us; you didn't state it as a possibility.

Do you think the gods believe in us ? ;)

^ Humans are meant to find their own way, as 'God' originally did. ;)

We have to mature to a certain level, before widespread 'Alien' contact happens.

But contact has happened.

I believe that we were a parasite, low-level species on another planet, and some aliens dropped us off here as a science experiment. Then, they forgot about us. When they come back they will see we are no longer cave-men, spreading, and killing wildlife with clubs. Instead we are somewhat intelligent beings, with technology that we use instead, to spread and kill wildlife with guns, thus proving, nothing has changed, we just learned how to make tools to do what we already did to ruin their planet. Then they will wipe us out, cause we are a failed experiment.

:rofl:

(I don't actually believe this. But with religion, and all the other theories flying around, this one seems just as viable and theoretically possible as those! I think the word Calum used was, 'foolish,' yeah. It has a nice ring to it.)

Proof?

Contact DARPA, USDOD, or the Military if you need such proof. Don't be surprised if someone ends up at your door though.

Go watch Ancient Aliens on the History channel.

That's one of my favorite shows. I watch the show with a skeptical eye, of course, but they bring out many interesting facts. Puma Pumku is one of them. Doesn't prove that aliens were involved but it does prove to me that we might not know our history as well as we think we do.

That picture of the triangular object looks remarkably like something I saw waaaaay back in 1998. I was at University in Sunderland, UK I was totally sober and had not taken any drugs! I was just about to draw the curtains and go to bed (about 2am,) when an object like that flew silently over my flat and out to sea. I remember being in shock for a minute or two, it was a very uneasy feeling. I have only ever told two people about this incident. I have always assumed it was some sort of military test aircraft, the complete silence and image in my mind of it disappearing over the sea still haunts me today.

There is more proof of secret military projects then there are of alien crafts.

That's such a copout statement, saying there is proof all around us while not offering a single thing is just a joke

Check out the work of erich von daniken.

If you people would take the time to do some research like I did, you would understand that what I say makes sense and is completly logical.

There is undoubtedly something we don't know here.Either way people must have possessed superior technical machinery in previous times or it could possibly could have been ET. When something like this, created in the past outshines the scientific capabilities of what modern machines can do -- for me that raises a lot of questions. I don't know, I'm simply speculating. What you all think?

There is undoubtedly something we don't know here.Either way people must have possessed super high tech machinery or it was ET. When something like this can't be re-created with the same precision today back in the time when these structures were created, then there are many unanswered questions.

Yes and that is just one from many examples. Like I said proof is all around us.

I think so too, the truth is all around us. I think its going to be one of those things where one day we are all going to come a realization and an understanding of all these mystical unexplained structures.