WOW ! Alien message to get reply this August

what if they come.... it will be like columbus finding USA the only difference will be like we will be red-indian.. !!

i think something similar said in recent movie "BattleShip"

Never seen Independence Day? They may have shields. :p haha

except there are other ways to use nuclear weapons. Maybe they cant be hit, but the entire planet can. We can destroy the earth with ease. Making it valueless.

How do we know if they can read our message?

|-O-|-|/|\_/_\|-?

Cuz they are smart. :) ... or they wouldn't have radio.

I only have two words for them....stay away.

"Don't come any closer -- we've got Nukes"

I would also ask them to stay away. The last time they came here they wiped out the dinosaurs! :angry:

They better stay the **** out of here.

Threatening messages, how human of you .....NOT!

Every life form on Earth lives by violence against their own kind so we are no different but this said if they are like us they will merely come to conquer.

I strongly disagree. It's us who are acting out of the norm with the nature as there are plenty of other species here who live in harmony with each other and the environment.

That would lead to the destabalization of the world currency market

How so? There are hardly any gold-backed currencies left in this world. It's all fiat money.

---

If I had a chance to send the message, it would be a message of peace and love.

Every life form on Earth lives by violence against their own kind so we are no different but this said if they are like us they will merely come to conquer.

I strongly disagree. It's us who are acting out of the norm with the nature as there are plenty of other species here who live in harmony with each other and the environment.

Harmony in what way.....they fight for the best/most mates,food and position/standing within the brood......... sounds like humanistic actions to me

I would also ask them to stay away. The last time they came here they wiped out the dinosaurs! :angry:

We are doooooooooooooooooooooooom, This time they will wipe us out, Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

How does sending a single message composed of thousands or millions of smaller, unrelated messages going to make any sense to an alien intelligence that has no meaningful way to realize these messages are separate and distinct? (and also not 100% representative of the human species). That's like trying to explain what content is on the internet to someone who has never seen or heard of it by showing them forum posts from 4chan.

Also, sending tweets into space as a response to a possible contact signal is the dumbest thing we could possibly do. Not only is Twitter to epitome of idiotic communication in today's society, but internet anonymity accounts for more racist, sexist, homophobic, ignorant, and down right retarded comments made by humans than any other forum in history. And that's exactly what scientists want to send out into space?

342-i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.png

Wait, so anyone could have tweeted anything and it would have been added to the reply signal?

If I was an alien and I received all those tweets, I'd probably have the impression that Earth isn't a planet I would want to make contact with...

"Hey, a signal! We've got signs of intelligent life!"

"@Aliens lulz, all ur base r belong to us. #TOGTFO"

"...maybe not so intelligent. Let's skip this one."