German court "effectively bans" male circumcision

ILikeTobacco    839

WAT?

Since when is piercing ears the same thing as cutting someone's wang?

How can you think that continuing circumcision is progress? :s Unless there's a medical reason, it's barbaric.

Right because poking wholes through someones body is less barbaric. It's called a slippery slope for a reason. Why do you think most parents do the ear piercing thing before the age of 4? It's so they can't remember the event and have a possibly traumatic memory that early in life. A 3-4 year old is no capable of making that kind of decision to make a permanent hole in their body so people saying the girl choose are all full of crap and they know it.

a.mcdear    24

This is strange...

I've always considered circumcision to be perfectly normal.

Plus most of the women I know seem to feel put off or even disgusted by uncircumcised penises... glad I don't have to worry about that..

• Like 1
seta-san    1,440

This is strange...

Plus most of the women I know seem to feel put off or even disgusted by uncircumcised penises... glad I don't have to worry about that..

what's normal is what your body comes with. It's horrible that it's viewed as normal. I still remember the disgusted shock people had when they first heard of Female circumsion. There was such a large outcry that it was pretty much banned the first afternoon after we heard it.

• Like 1
timster    1,506

Sounds like some are not circumcised and jealous :) circumcision nowadays have nothing to do religion and not having is done is completely disgusting. Totally happy that my parents decided it for me.

since you were circumsized as a baby, how would you know what it is like not to be circumcized

• Like 2
Arceles    413

Deutschland, never disappoints! Go Germany!

• Like 1
Noir Angel    4,283

Exactly. The foreskin can trap all sorts of nasty bacteria and can increase the risk of contracting an STD.

Did I just fall into a time warp and enter a realm in which soap and water weren't invented yet?

The German authorities have the right to pass whatever laws they want, there's nothing that says they have to pander to other people's beliefs. If you don't like it, move somewhere else.

• Like 5
jakem1    1,610

This is great news! :woot:

Side note: title is misleading.

Glassed Silver:mac

Sorry, I just wanted to capture this bit from the first paragraph of the article:

German court's decision to in effect outlaw the circumcision of boys

The original title was too long and focussed too much on the objections of religious groups.

Charisma    2,399

Sounds like some are not circumcised and jealous :) circumcision nowadays have nothing to do religion and not having is done is completely disgusting. Totally happy that my parents decided it for me.

You gotta be kidding. Natural is way better, trust me ;)

This is strange...

You must only have ever talked to rather narrow-minded women (if I may be so bold) from the US who have only ever seen/experienced circumsised ones. Sorry, but it's true.

Deutschland, never disappoints! Go Germany!

Well... I wouldn't say never...

(In semi-related news, Germany needs to be careful banning something with Jewish roots, no? Ha.)

• Like 2
kaffra    16

This is not surprising

German anti-Semitism 'deep-rooted' in society

Anti-Jewish feeling is "significantly" entrenched in German society, according to a report by experts appointed by the Bundestag (parliament).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16678772

• Like 1
nominak    982

Well those women are idiots. Plain and simple. If they can't accept you for who you are, then maybe you should be re-evaluating the kind of women you sleep with.

• Like 5
Glassed Silver    940

Sorry, I just wanted to capture this bit from the first paragraph of the article:

The original title was too long and focussed too much on the objections of religious groups.

boy circumcision != male circumcision

Title is pretty wrong.

Twiddle    489

This is strange...

That is the general consensus in America. Not saying one way or another, but females here tend to prefer a circumcised penis, and generally do not like uncircumcised. I've had relations with many different women, older, younger, some successful and intelligent, others downright dumb bar blonde. But that seems to be the norm.

Personally, I am glad I was circumcised, and I am not religious. I would rather have decreased sensitivity. I enjoy running marathons, :woot: :p.

FiB3R    1,663

Sounds like somebody being overly defensive, and suppressing childhood truma.

Yeah, just as ridiculous as your comment, though has the potential to be true, unlike your comment.

Exactly. The foreskin can trap all sorts of nasty bacteria and can increase the risk of contracting an STD.

Sticking your dick in crazy, and a lack of basic hygiene is what increases the risk of contracting an STD, not your foreskin.

By your reckoning, teeth and eyelids should be removed too. :rolleyes:

For the record, I was circumcised when I was 11 (huge nob syndrome lol), and I can't say I miss it, though masturbation used to be better from what I recall :woot:

jakem1    1,610

boy circumcision != male circumcision

Title is pretty wrong.

Oh, I see what you mean. The mods can fix it if they want but I hope most people understand the meaning.

mokthraka    159

Banning it was good for little kids.

But seriously neowin, let's stop comparing our ######. If you are with a chick who cares that much if you are circumcised, you probably are with the wrong chick.

• Like 2
exotoxic    700

+1 for Germany (Y) hope they don't do a u turn because of religion.

a.mcdear    24

Well those women are idiots. Plain and simple. If they can't accept you for who you are, then maybe you should be re-evaluating the kind of women you sleep with.

I've never had the problem personally... but the topic has come up from time to time in conversations and it seems the general consensus here in the USA among women is circumsized = good, uncircumsized = weird.

Also, I've generally heard the opposite from what I'm reading in here about sensitivity. I had always heard that circumsized = more sensitivity... ???

• Like 1
jakem1    1,610

I had always heard that circumsized = more sensitivity... ???

I don't think you were listening properly :p

compl3x    6,290

Did you miss the part where Jewish and Muslims groups are saying is it religious discrimination? It's entirely about religion. It's true that circumcision did rise in popularity without the parents necessarily being religious, but ultimately it is going to be the religious groups who go mental over this.

Which would have been a big concern in the 1st century, not so much in the 21st.

Right because poking wholes through someones body is less barbaric. It's called a slippery slope for a reason. Why do you think most parents do the ear piercing thing before the age of 4? It's so they can't remember the event and have a possibly traumatic memory that early in life. A 3-4 year old is no capable of making that kind of decision to make a permanent hole in their body so people saying the girl choose are all full of crap and they know it.

Piercings aren't permanent. If you remove the ring, stud, bar or whatever, it closes over. I don't think parents should pierce their kinds bodies either, but you are comparing to radically different things.

• Like 1
nominak    982

I've never had the problem personally... but the topic has come up from time to time in conversations and it seems the general consensus here in the USA among women is circumsized = good, uncircumsized = weird.

Also, I've generally heard the opposite from what I'm reading in here about sensitivity. I had always heard that circumsized = more sensitivity... ???

And I've heard it all before.. I don't know from experience, but i've heard from a friend of a friend that girls think non-cut = weird/gross.

That would be physically impossible, since circumcision removes nerve endings. There's no way it can lead to more sensitivity.

• Like 1
HawkMan    5,232

what parents pierce their kids ears before 4, and why are they still allowed to have kids? pretty sure that's not even allowed here. with parents consent you can have it done at an early age, but thats at best 12 i think, might be more.

and the people who think an uncurumcised oenis is dirty and disgusting, sorry but with or without you're just as dirty if you dont know how to clean, seems like you're the ones who needs to learn to clean.

Rippleman    3,851

what's normal is what your body comes with. It's horrible that it's viewed as normal. I still remember the disgusted shock people had when they first heard of Female circumsion. There was such a large outcry that it was pretty much banned the first afternoon after we heard it.

Do you get hair cuts? Do you shave? Do you pluck? Just because it comes with your body doesn't mean you should/have to keep it.
Rippleman    3,851

since you were circumsized as a baby, how would you know what it is like not to be circumcized

I don't know, but then again reverse it and you don't know what it's like either. How do you know It's a sensitivity loss that you can notice?
a.mcdear    24

And I've heard it all before.. I don't know from experience, but i've heard from a friend of a friend that girls think non-cut = weird/gross.

That would be physically impossible, since circumcision removes nerve endings. There's no way it can lead to more sensitivity.

This makes sense to me, but what I had heard before also made sense, so I'm not sure which is correct, or if it even matters.

Anyways, when I was in elementary school, we had sex-ed classes that said that basically circumcision = more sensitivity because the most sensitive area are the glands on the underside of the head, and removing the "extra tissue" covering this area directly exposes it to stimulus.

Like I said, not sure if it matters, but we were actually taught that in school when we were young. Then again, with all the other "garbage" we've been "taught", who really knows..

• Like 1
rfirth    747

Anyways, when I was in elementary school, we had sex-ed classes that said that basically circumcision = more sensitivity because the most sensitive area are the glands on the underside of the head, and removing the "extra tissue" covering this area directly exposes it to stimulus.

Yeah, it directly exposes it to your jeans. So it rubs rubs rubs until you lose sensitivity.