[Released] Google

Google said on Thursday that it is bringing its Chrome browser to the iPhone and iPad, the latest step in the company?s effort to take its browser beyond the desktop.

The browser, due to show up in the App Store later in the day, offers signature features of Chrome, including synchronization across devices and an anonymous ?incognito? mode. Presumably though, it uses Apple?s WebKit-based browser engine under the hood, as required by Apple?s terms.

http://allthingsd.co...2011/?mod=tweet

Good that Chrome is coming to iOS, seriously sux that its just a different version of Safari under the hood

my most glad feature is the Bookmark Sync, cause iCloud is just crap

later today?!!!!

HELL YEAH FINALLY.. Uninstalls Atomic, and every other browser on my iPhone and iPad !!!

Biggest thing I miss is chrome to phone. Now I can sync tabs across my device instead of using the Chrome extension "Text this to me"

• Like 1

[/font][/color]

Good that Chrome is coming to iOS, seriously sux that its just a different version of Safari under the hood

Yes you are right, but Google seems to have optimized the engine better than Apple so Chrome seems to be faster than Safari for some reason, plus it has built-in Flash, which Safari lacks (it has to be installed separately)

[/font][/color]

Google Chrome has always used the WebKit rendering engine though. That's what makes it so good! :p

Looking forward to it, even though it's a skin on top of Safari and using it's browser engine on iOS.

Google Chrome has always used the WebKit rendering engine though. That's what makes it so good! :p

didnt know it used webkit

Yes you are right, but Google seems to have optimized the engine better than Apple so Chrome seems to be faster than Safari for some reason, plus it has built-in Flash, which Safari lacks (it has to be installed separately)

this is for iOS not Computer. Flash cannot be installed on iOS, and if its in iOS Chrome would make it Server side based. and the whole browser operate like Opera on iOS

Damn every time I try to install it, it says unavailable!

Same, been trying to download it via iTunes for the last 15 minutes :/

Damn every time I try to install it, it says unavailable! - I've wanted Chrome on my iPhone and iPad since forever. Just for the bookmark syncing.

I'm getting the same problem, suspect the store is getting hit hard with people wanting it

why does google insist on releasing their apps for iphone and ipad right away but decide to leave the ipod touch out till a later date :angry:

they did this with google voice and google+ too

dont care for how its handling bookmarks between mobile and desktop, its not a universal bookmark area, its entirely separate.

had to go to the desktop chrome, open bookmark manager, and copy all the bookmarks into the mobile bookmarks section to not have to go through hoops and handstands to have it show up on the mobile.

ill have to Copy Paste every time i update/change bookmarks on desktop. i can do that crap on icloud already between iOS and IE. crap way of handling it Google

Oh yeah. I can see this headline happening: "Apple Blocks Google Chrome From The AppStore"

Why would they do that? It's just a UI wrapper on the built in webkit renderer. There are lots of browsers in the app store that work the same way.

You can access the pages you are browsing on another device mobile/desktop like how you do on the desktop version. All you need to do is sign into your existing Google account. The welcome page with the most recently browsed sites are also in the application. It's the first browser that doesn't look ugly, besides Safari, Dolphin Browser was close but I didn't like the tabs. The initial Chrome agreement and sign in is also featured in the mobile application.

Screens:

Neowin Homepage: http://oi49.tinypic.com/1jm4oz.jpg

Chome Recently Browsed/Homepage: http://i49.tinypic.com/19m51d.png

Chrome Other Devices: http://oi50.tinypic.com/51ohh5.jpg

hmm its not showing up in the app store for me from my phone... and itunes is on my home pc :(

how i got it shown was opened up the Mobile App Store on my iPad and brought up all of Google's App's, it was last in the list

Oh yeah. I can see this headline happening: "Apple Blocks Google Chrome From The AppStore"

Apple will allow it because Chrome on iOS is using Apple's uiWebView for displaying pages.. so it's basically Safari with the functionality of Chrome as an app

tried going to that Technitone site in the commercial on the Main Page of Neowin. all i can say is LoL @ Apple

post-36462-0-81944100-1340915741_thumb.p

dont care for how its handling bookmarks between mobile and desktop, its not a universal bookmark area, its entirely separate.

Yep. Not liking the Bookmark functionality in general.

Meh. I'm just glad I can get rid of Xmarks and use this to sync bookmarks, open tabs, etc on Chrome across my devices.

So far I like it. Love the look and feel, but does Chrome to Mobile actually work with iOS? That would replace Chrome to Phone completely.