Woman arrested after shaving boyfriend's head

WALDO, Maine -- Police say a Maine woman has been arrested after shaving her boyfriend's head while he was sleeping.

Authorities say 35-year-old Mindy Lavoie of Waldo kept her promise that if her boyfriend ever came home drunk again, she'd shave his head.

The Waldo County Sheriff's office says the couple got into a fight after 36-year-old Thomas A. Thomas woke up. A neighbor called police on Monday night to report a domestic fight.

The Bangor Daily News reports that Lavoie has been charged with domestic violence assault. Thomas has been charged with violating the conditions of release for a prior offense.

source

It was done with mutual consent. We don't call sex "rape" if both (or more) parties agreed to it either.

he was sleeping, and apparently drunk. It wasnt done with consent.
  • Like 4

It was done with mutual consent. We don't call sex "rape" if both (or more) parties agreed to it either.

I fully agree, it is not called rape if she doesn't say NO!, that is why I always carry an extra sock with me ... the wife seems to be happy

he was sleeping, and apparently drunk. It wasnt done with consent.

"Authorities say 35-year-old Mindy Lavoie of Waldo kept her promise that if her boyfriend ever came home drunk again, she'd shave his head."

Well, re-reading that sentence you could interpret it both ways I guess. She could have said: "I'll shave your head if you come home drunk one more time" out of anger. Or the boyfriend could have asked her to do so as a punishment: "I won't do it ever again, if I do you can shave my head."

If it's the second it's mutual consent.

"Authorities say 35-year-old Mindy Lavoie of Waldo kept her promise that if her boyfriend ever came home drunk again, she'd shave his head."

Well, re-reading that sentence you could interpret it both ways I guess. She could have said: "I'll shave your head if you come home drunk one more time" out of anger. Or the boyfriend could have asked her to do so as a punishment: "I won't do it ever again, if I do you can shave my head."

I highly, highly doubt he agreed to it.

not to mention he was drunk, you cant consent, but that only works if you are the chick. becasue you know, if the dude was super drunk and the chick was drunk, she obviously was the one who couldnt make a choice.

• Like 2

If he had consented then the police wouldn't have been involved. It really is that simple. It is assault.

We used to go for the eyebrows, but whatever floats your boat

I'd be annoyed if someone shaved my head, I would flip tables if someone cut my eyebrows.

If the boot had been on the other foot and he had shaved her head what would be the reaction............

just the same it was assault plain and simple

Maybe assault to his pride... but nothing else. Hair grows back. It was harmless. Society is in deep **** when we consider this to be a valid thing to arrest someone over...

Maybe assault to his pride... but nothing else. Hair grows back. It was harmless. Society is in deep **** when we consider this to be a valid thing to arrest someone over...

So maybe theft isnt a crime, after all you can get it back, its harmless.

Hair grows back,bruises heal,mental torture shows no physical signs.............how far do you push the boat out before you call it assault?

Hair grows back,bruises heal,mental torture shows no physical signs.............how far do you push the boat out before you call it assault?

Ah yes, the "slippery slope" argument. Give it up, you're not proving anything to anyone.

Like I said if he had done it to her would you still consider it less than assault?

its assualt regardless of gender

Gender should play no role what so ever in crimes, except in cases where it actually has a reason, for example a mother who does something to her newborn because postpartum depression

It's damaging part of someone's body without their consent, and I used to know of a group of nasty girls in high school who would cut off the hair of other girls who had long pretty hair, that they were jealous of, basically. Nasty and catty and yes, assault.

This may be slightly off topic, but am I the only one that noticed that this guy's name is "Thomas Thomas"?? :/

It's damaging part of someone's body without their consent, and I used to know of a group of nasty girls in high school who would cut off the hair of other girls who had long pretty hair, that they were jealous of, basically. Nasty and catty and yes, assault.

If there was a "mass spree of hair cutting girls", and they kept doing it to a lot of people, then yes. But if it is just 1 girl, doing it to her boyfriend, who she warned, then no. Lets not look at this in the wrong way, or try to judge it by putting in other cases that are more severe.

So maybe theft isnt a crime, after all you can get it back, its harmless.

Do items that are stolen normally naturally grow back in a month? Let's not be stupid for the sake of it....

Do items that are stolen normally naturally grow back in a month? Let's not be stupid for the sake of it....

no, if they are returned they are back. you didnt lose anything so there isnt a loss.

If there was a "mass spree of hair cutting girls", and they kept doing it to a lot of people, then yes. But if it is just 1 girl, doing it to her boyfriend, who she warned, then no. Lets not look at this in the wrong way, or try to judge it by putting in other cases that are more severe.

So if he said "Im going to hit you if you come home drunk it would be okay? once again, no brusies or permanent damage.