Spanking children & mental health: Punishment linked to disorders later

I was spanked a few times ... between 1st and 4th grade (not to mention some other drastic measures beforehand)... remember it and resent it ... now, don't speak with parents/brother at all for some time now

This is way out of context..So it is very hard to know anything.

Are you willing to provide the details of your spanking?

Agreed, paranoia, anxiety, better than teen pregnancy, and a whole lot of other real problems.

Ah, teen pregnancy - a classic example of manufactured outrage by the media. Such a term takes no account of the relationship status of the parents, their income, education or motivation for wanting a child - it is a general slur on those who do not conform to the expectations of society. More importantly, people are genetically predisposed to procreate - it is society that tries to restrict it.

I could see this happening to certain individuals. Like with everything, not all things affect everyone the same. So while I was spanked with hand, belt, and paddles by my parents and teacher administration during my childhood, I don't think it had any negative effects on me. Of course, I was always up to no good as a kid and even paddling wouldn't tame me... I once broke the schools paddle by sticking a few batteries in my back pocket. They hit me/them so hard, it split the paddle down the middle... It hurt a ton.