The Secret World

Alright, am I dreaming or is there an official thread for this game? I am sure I've seen one on the spybot in recent days, I would be pretty amazed if no gamers here are playing it....yet for the life of me I have searched the forums, I have looked in gaming and computer gaming, I've even tried to google search the forums and cannot find this damn thread!!!!

Can anyone point me to the the thread before I loose my mind?

The official thread is controlled by the Illuminati. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Riiiight. Just like the rest of the universe according to you ******s ;)

Actually, in all seriousness, I was wondering this to.

Is there an official thread, or does one need to be made.

I started playing last night, and looked for the thread. I was surprised the same as you that I could not find one. Honestly it is just a game to hold me over 'til GW2, but it is still a cool game nonetheless.

Where is the thread for this game?! :p

I'm getting a bit tired of MMO's but after SWTOR and especially the challenging missions in TSW I'm not on back to bog standard NCSOFT mass prodused MMO like GW2 with 3 different armor models and textures and olors the only difference, and all the women in armor bikinis.

i love the investigation missions in this game, even if some of them reuire you to read a Poe story or learn morse :) as well as the class less system, which i iike version 2 of the SWG skill system, or a simplified evolution of AO's system, which was way overomplicated and you needed the right formula anyway. This is what Rift tried to do, done right.

I'm playing on Grim as templar. I really like the class less system and the fact that just by earning AP you can totally change how you play with different abilities for your same weapon or a different weapon all together. Also like how you can pick and choose any abilities together (passive's) to get a deck exactly how you like it.

Meanwhile, TSW does have it, and I'll play that.

Honestly I don't really care about DX11 or not as long as the game doesn't look horrible. I can't run Tesselation and SSAO anyway, well I could probably have SSAO, but for now I just run medium with high textures.

Yeah yeah, the standard lots of grass andglow and soften filters to make everythign look smooth and soft that we've seen in every asian fantasy themed NCSoft game since the start of time to make them appear to look good.

Anyway, back to TSW. Yeah I'm on Grim to, unfortunately the only server that gets broken quests it seems :) but they're working it out and the kingsmouth areas seem to be all worked out now. Right now I'm focusing on Mercenary deck, but I started out with blades so I have full inner ring on that as well and a lot of AR skills in the outer ring that's not part of the Merc deck :) but for the sake of efficiency in the instances I'll try to fill out the merc deck next now. then experiment a little, maybe slayer for the sword skills ad perhaps necromancer after that before I start experimenting.

Eventually I'll have to really start to understand and learn the complexities of he interdependency in combat between "classes" and skill to really take advantage and use the states.

I really like how complicated this game is, while simplifying stuff from other games that where to complex again. like the AO skill system.

1) It's not made by NCSoft.

2) It's not asian themed.

3) The GW2 engine is made by Anet and is used, solely, by Anet. It does not appear in any other game (save for it's predecessor, the engine used for GW1).

Anyway, onto TSW - I'm really looking forward to trying the necromancer. It will be interesting to see how that plays.

Anyway, back to TSW. Yeah I'm on Grim to, unfortunately the only server that gets broken quests it seems :) but they're working it out and the kingsmouth areas seem to be all worked out now.

I'm kind of wondering if Grim was the closed beta server, it had many of these issues. But it could just be player load for all I know.

Judging by the Testlive server patch notes (which I'm sure I'm not supposed to share) most things should be fixed on the first patch, whenever that is.

I have it and am trying to decide if I like it. I got to the part where I went in the building and got my weapon of choice and left and then nothing. I ran around all over the place looking for quest givers. Also, as I understand it there are no levels, just new abilities. That may be a deal breaker for a lot of people. People like to see progression, imo anyways,

This game interests me, but i'll wait a few months before i pick it up so i can see how it pans out. I've bought MMOs early in their lives, and it always burns me. Star Wars ended up crappy, Tera was okay, but generic as high hell beyond the combat, and i'll have to wait to see how this game does after the free month is over for people. It worries me that they put out a lifetime subscriber option, every game that has had that is now free to play.

Honestly I don't really care about DX11 or not as long as the game doesn't look horrible. I can't run Tesselation and SSAO anyway, well I could probably have SSAO, but for now I just run medium with high textures.

Even if you can't run the extras, DX11 performs better on multicore processors and the special effects will be better.

Some of those things people often forget about, though it's not usually going to make a huge difference on performance.

Next year I'd sure as hell hope the DX9 era is either past or going away, considering the major publishers have largely switched already (not entirely, but anyway.)

I have it and am trying to decide if I like it. I got to the part where I went in the building and got my weapon of choice and left and then nothing. I ran around all over the place looking for quest givers. Also, as I understand it there are no levels, just new abilities. That may be a deal breaker for a lot of people. People like to see progression, imo anyways,

The questline should've advanced to having you test the weapons on whatever they use for testing and then past that. I think there might be a glitch in the Dragon training grounds though.

Judging by the Testlive server patch notes (which I'm sure I'm not supposed to share) most things should be fixed on the first patch, whenever that is.

http://forums.thesec...ead.php?t=39024 - You can find them on official forums, so I doubt it matters.

While we are on DX11, I did the TSWAnalyzer (over at nvidia) and everything passed spare my 9800GT. Anyone off hand got a recommendation? It's about time I start to do upgrades might as well ensure I can play TSW on HIgh/DX11.

And can you pull up the itemstore in game? I have yet to check it out.

This game interests me, but i'll wait a few months before i pick it up so i can see how it pans out. I've bought MMOs early in their lives, and it always burns me. Star Wars ended up crappy, Tera was okay, but generic as high hell beyond the combat, and i'll have to wait to see how this game does after the free month is over for people. It worries me that they put out a lifetime subscriber option, every game that has had that is now free to play.

I must add, well I didn't hate TOR but I played it at 1.2, mostly as filler til TSW showed up. The Tera closed beta was so bad I don't even mind that I'm forced to use the horrible pun Terable to describe it :D

TSW is a little buggy but not enough to stop you from enjoying it. It's been a fairly smooth launch. Glad they agreed to delay launch a couple weeks, cause it was not ready.

OUR ego is sensitive? You're the one who came in here just to **** all over. And yes, bad graphics. Courtesy of DirectX 9. Which is exactly why I will not buy it.

Oh no! It's not pretty enough!

If you only care about graphics then you are missing out on things like: plot, storyline, game play, writing, creativity

A game can be the most beautiful thing in the world and be complete rubbish.

I must add, well I didn't hate TOR but I played it at 1.2, mostly as filler til TSW showed up. The Tera closed beta was so bad I don't even mind that I'm forced to use the horrible pun Terable to describe it :D

TSW is a little buggy but not enough to stop you from enjoying it. It's been a fairly smooth launch. Glad they agreed to delay launch a couple weeks, cause it was not ready.

The game interests me, without a doubt, but i'd like to see how they support it in the coming months. I don't have the best faith in Funcom, but if it seems like the population of this game stays steady (i can see it having a small dedicated userbase) i'll happily pick up a copy. What is the end game like for TSW? It seems that a lot of the focus is on the quests and story, what happens when you hit the end? Is it focused on raids, small group dungeons, pvp?

Oh no! It's not pretty enough!

If you only care about graphics then you are missing out on things like: plot, storyline, game play, writing, creativity

A game can be the most beautiful thing in the world and be complete rubbish.

I don't have the money to buy every game that might be worthwhile, so I'm being picky.

And sure it can, but I'd rather support devs that actually invest in their games than those that halfass it.

(Also in GW2s case, don't have the time to support two MMOs and never finished the last three GW releases so this most likely wouldn't be any different.)