The No.1 Skyscraper (508 m high) on the Planet

(Xinhua Network Oct.18 13:34 Beijing Time)

The skyscraper has been finished yestoday. It is higher than Chicago's Sears Tower, the former No.1 skyscraper in the world.

1066455512_ala42J.jpg

Edited by JohnsonBox

Stuff like this kinda scares me. I mean you see all the futuristic movies with the skyscrapers and tall -arse buildings... and they look cool. but all i can think of is the tower of babel.

Dont you think we (as people) might be overdoing it a bit... i mean..wouldnt a busness complex be a little more conventional than a skyscraper ?

It's the Taipei 101 office block. It's full height of 1,667 feet. Unseating Malaysia?s Petronas Towers as the world?s tallest building. There is no sailsea tower in chicago. It's the Sears Tower.

And with that the other towers will add a pole to become the tallest again lol

I say it's time to build a building so tall you need an oxygen tank/mask to reach the upper floors, or maybe it's time we build a giant bubble in the ocean so people can live down there.

And with that the other towers will add a pole to become the tallest again lol

I say it's time to build a building so tall you need an oxygen tank/mask to reach the upper floors, or maybe it's time we build a giant bubble in the ocean so people can live down there.

lmao

Now thats funny hehehe

I don't believe they have finished either. I was actually in Taiwan this past summer and saw them still building it. Originally they wanted to make it taller than it currently is, but physics took over. Yeah, anyways, it's pretty crazy, they are even building them late into the night. Imagine if that was in the US... freaking lawsuits would be flying in all directions.

Eh. Because of the issues like air traffic control! Haha, Americans are rich people, they fly everywhere, and they pursuit No.1 champion everywhere too! Pathetically, their skycrapers block their flyers! So they have lost the fame of No.1 skyscraper in the world :D

Eh. Because of the issues like air traffic control! Haha, Americans are rich people, they fly everywhere, and they pursuit No.1 champion everywhere too! Pathetically, their skycrapers block their flyers! So they have lost the fame of No.1 skyscraper in the world :D

yea, we americans r really rich and pathetic. :rolleyes: congrats on ur new tower dude. i hope u and ur peeps have a blast (Y)

yea, we americans r really rich and pathetic.  :rolleyes: congrats on ur new tower dude. i hope u and ur peeps have a blast (Y)

It's not "their tower", it's Taiwans tower.

and I thought the former tallest building wasn't Sears but the Petronas Towers in Malaysia

Edited by davemania24

It's not "their tower", it's Taiwans tower.

and I thought the former tallest building wasn't Sears but the Petronas Towers in Malaysia

davemania24 means there is two China in the world, one called PRC, another Taiwan.

Sears Tower is more famous than Petronas Towers I think.

other titleholders were the empire state building, world trade center, then the sears tower, then the petronas tower, now the taipei 101 office block, and there's another buildin goin up in shanghai, china that's supposed to be taller when it's done in 2007.

The previously tallest skyscraper in the world was the Petronas Towers. The Petronas Towers were at a height of 452 metres (1,483 ft) and the Taipei 101 Building (Taiwan) is at (as you know) hight of about 508 metres high. You are correct in that it is the largest Office Building in the world but it is not the tallest free standing structure. The CN Tower owns that reign, it is at a hight of 553.33 metres (1,815 ft., 5 inches). (Link)

post-58-1066597189.gif

Cool looking building.

Still don't quite get what it is with the "competition" over having the tallest building at times. Certainly very boyish locker-room "mine is bigger than yours" kind of stuff.

Hope the way it's structured is beneficial for the folk that have to work there / region in general for whatever reason.

Gotta admit going up some of those really big skyscrapers kind of scares me at times--no easy way out should the need arise, as nice as the views can be. Just "feel" really vulnerable.

The previously tallest skyscraper in the world was the Petronas Towers. The Petronas Towers were at a height of 452 metres (1,483 ft) and the Taipei 101 Building (Taiwan) is at (as you know) hight of about 508 metres high. You are correct in that it is the largest Office Building in the world but it is not the tallest free standing structure. The CN Tower owns that reign, it is at a hight of 553.33 metres (1,815 ft., 5 inches). (Link)

Canada, wonderful!

Go Canada! :)