Da Vinci's Demons

ZTc7b.png

Starz debuted this first look at "Da Vinci's Demons" at the San Diego Comic-Con. The eight-episode series, written by David S. Goyer (Man of Steel, The Dark Knight Rises), is coming in Spring 2013 and is described as follows:

In a world where thought and faith are controlled, one man fights to set knowledge free.

Leonardo Da Vinci is tortured by a gift of superhuman genius. He finds himself in a conflict between truth and lies, religion and reason, past and future. His aspirations are used against him by the opposing forces of the time ? luring him into a game of seduction where those who despise his intellect need him most. His quest for knowledge nearly becomes his undoing.

Da Vinci throws himself into his genius and emerges as an unstoppable force that lifts an entire era out of darkness and propels it into light. His story becomes a mirror into our own world, calling us all to join his fight to free the future

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Interesting premise, I wish the production budget and quality was a bit higher tough... not going to prevent me from watching it unless the quality of the show itself is up to standard though. to early to tell yet, the first ep was a bit hit and miss.

I also liked the first episode, just hope they can keep it interesting enough.

very interesting first episode.

really not what i was expecting. but i am interested... but very good nevertheless.

wonder if they can keep it up... it seem to hang between amazing and horrible for me, as it is only the pilot, and it has potential to go both ways,.

I hear there is a bit of boobies in this show :)

nudity from both sexes in the first episode, starz never hold back

nudity from both sexes in the first episode, starz never hold back

Someone say Boobies???

Apologies rappy, quoted wrong user....

feel free to remove this post if you like :)

Just days after its Starz premiere, Da Vinci?s Demons has been renewed for Season 2, the network announced Wednesday.

?I?m excited that we get to continue the adventures of the world?s most eccentric and glorious polymath,? series creator David S. Goyer (Batman Begins, Man of Steel) said in a statement. ?Long live Leonardo and thanks to Starz for helping to make it happen.?

As Goyer previously shared with TVLine, with renewal comes the chance to lay first eyes on Leonardo?s most famous work. ?We could see The Mona Lisa as soon as second season, if we go a second session,? he said. Even though that portrait wouldn?t be painted for quite some time given the series? 1477 setting, ?I?m a big fan of nonlinear storytelling,? he noted.

More than 2.14 million total viewers sampled Da Vinci?s Demons during its premiere weekend, making it the highest-rated launch ever for an original Starz series.

Production on Season 2 expected to begin in Wales in May 2013, with an eye on a 2014 premiere. Season 1 is currently airing Fridays at 9/8c.

http://tvline.com/2013/04/17/starz-renews-da-vincis-demons-season-2/

it is actually quite enjoyable. i liked ep2. will be watching the whole season.

not what i expected, but maybe it is a good thing. it is entertaining.

I actually like the wife a bit more than the mistress. Finally saw more of her in ep 3 and those boobs to, nice.

I actually like the wife a bit more than the mistress. Finally saw more of her in ep 3 and those boobs to, nice.

Yeah she's good looking, I love that its on Starz which means Boobs and Nakedness all the time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...