Godzilla

Seamus McGarvey was great with the cinematography in the Avengers, he isn't just good with the big sets he can also do the small intimate scenes as well. It also looks like they are using loads of practical sets and effects which makes everything feel more real.

Also seems like a lot of the film is going to be based on the ground from the characters perspective. I really enjoyed that in Cloverfield because you felt how big it was and you could see how much damage it was doing (by that I don't mean the shaky cam or found footage style). When the shots are all hundreds of feet in the air, you lose a sense of scale. The concept art above perfectly demonstrates this, Godzilla looks like something a nuke isn't going to stop.

exclconceptartlegoji.jpg

Official Concept Art 2v8sjl3.gif

Looks cool. I wonder if it that shot is going to be in the movie. 

Looks cool. I wonder if it that shot is going to be in the movie. 

A big sea battle would be interesting, it would be a scary.

Middle of the night, in a storm with hardly any light and a monster that can sink a ship with ease. The strongest part of earth's strongest army is now cowering in fear. The Generals on land get the news, America has been neutralized in minutes.

Did I read correctly, somewhere, that a teaser trailer will be out at the panel Saturday? Did anyone else see that or did I just dream it?

I would imagine there will be teaser footage released

adwOXzet.jpg abrjYmeF.jpg absWmOpy.jpg adxRbk51.jpg adkeQjB0.jpg adprLMXq.jpg abmq1EvQ.jpg acemNCO3.jpg adqfPIlr.jpg ady8NSTr.jpg adevZB26.jpg acjZjanW.jpg 

I don't think that's the Godzilla design for the movie right? 

The above images are from a SDCC exhibition of Godzilla through the ages but apparently this is the new Godzilla...

1374066985.jpg

The above images are from a SDCC exhibition of Godzilla through the ages but apparently this is the new Godzilla...

1374066985.jpg

anymore pics? Liking the eye colour. 

Description of SDCC Footage:

Like Cloverfield on steroids. First half shows intimate moments, lots of action, emotion of people running through a world. Then it starts on an action scene of another 4-legged giant monster terrorizing a city. All of a sudden you see Godzilla walking in. A helicopter gets swatted and blows up half of an airport, all of a sudden the foot of Godzilla sets down. And all of a sudden there's a big roar. Final shot is a big, huge Godzilla standing up above the other monster, dwarfing it and the roar. Sounds perfect. Chills.

More Description:

We?re introduced to characters first off: Cranston seems to be an engineer/investigator of some sort ? we see him in hazmat gear, and later running towards a crisis event in a government installation as the rest of the staff frantically runs away. Aaron Taylor Johnson is a soldier; Ken Watanabe is seen in a control room of some kind, and Olsen as mentioned above is shown in moments that suggest she?s been a victim of some disaster. A montage of various images shows a world in crisis and deploying military forces to fight some crisis moment.

And then there?s the kaiju attack. The first monster we see is a spindly-legged insectoid thing ? is this Mothra? Didn?t quite look like it, but that?s possible. The monster is attacking an airport, and there?s a great wide shot that sees the kaiju destroying a plane, which leads to an explosion the camera follows by panning across a huge set of windows, looking out from inside the airport terminal. Part of the plane?s destroyed fuselage flies right to left across the screen, and is eventually stopped as it crashes into a giant foot.

That?s the intro for Godzilla, and the creature dwarfs the other kaiju. Few shots really show Godzilla, but the scale is very effectively communicated by the relationship between the insectoid monster and our favorite lizard. The overall effect could be described ? and this isn?t a literal account of the footage, but an impression of its effect ? like a slow pan up from the faces of the various human characters stuck in the middle of a monster-created mess, passing a smaller beast and finally trying to focus on the father of it all, Godzilla, hidden in fire and smoke.

OMG loving that poster, Damm can't wait to see this film, looking like it will be one of my fav's for next year!!

"Many reports have claimed that the plot for Legendary?s Godzilla film will revolve around the damage humans have caused to the earth?s environment. That being said if this peace of RUMOR turns out to be true it would make perfect sense. We call it a ?rumor? until it?s confirmed.

We just received a scoop that the main monster that Godzilla will battle in the reboot is Hedorah (???, Hedora) also known as The Smog Monster."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=83813#arMA0PmdQe4SxRBl.99

That was bloody epic! And an awesome way to show off such teaser footage to the visitors, lol. As if they're really experiencing it.