Thor 2: The Dark World

After re-watching Thor for like the 5th time last night... I'm eager to see this. Looks great already from the set pics. I hope we get more battles of extreme powers colliding. I also hope we get to see a little of Loki. His character is just top notch awesome.

One thing I noticed last night rewatching the movie, is the final battle between Loki and Thor... Loki is crying. You can see the tear lines down his face. I think that is what makes him so compelling. He is evil on one hand, but still has that Asgard honor in him which makes him so conflicted in his actions.

After re-watching Thor for like the 5th time last night... I'm eager to see this. Looks great already from the set pics. I hope we get more battles of extreme powers colliding. I also hope we get to see a little of Loki. His character is just top notch awesome.

One thing I noticed last night rewatching the movie, is the final battle between Loki and Thor... Loki is crying. You can see the tear lines down his face. I think that is what makes him so compelling. He is evil on one hand, but still has that Asgard honor in him which makes him so conflicted in his actions.

I love Thor, it's a very well done and surprisingly emotional movie in parts. Fiddelston does an incredible Loki in Thor (not so much in Avengers, simply because he's just a plain bad guy in there) and that scene you mention is a perfect example of it. My favorite part of Thor though is when he's "killed" and you flash back to Odin whispering the words to Thor's hammer and then the hammer flies up into the sky (great stuff imo) and Thor catches it. I got fricken chills from that one being a life long comic fan.

I love Thor, it's a very well done and surprisingly emotional movie in parts. Fiddelston does an incredible Loki in Thor (not so much in Avengers, simply because he's just a plain bad guy in there) and that scene you mention is a perfect example of it. My favorite part of Thor though is when he's "killed" and you flash back to Odin whispering the words to Thor's hammer and then the hammer flies up into the sky (great stuff imo) and Thor catches it. I got fricken chills from that one being a life long comic fan.

I felt the same about avengers as well. You can see Loki being a little conflicted in his actions during the scenes with Thor trying to tell him to stop, but it is no where near the same level of acting that was done in Thor. Maybe it's just Loki is starting to accept his true nature... time will tell. But that hammer scene is also epic. My gf was like, " Watching this ****ing movie again!?" and then she ended up watching the whole thing with me and going," This is actually great!" She especially loved all the little ways it made Avengers more appealing due to how well they all tie together.

Captain America was a good movie, it's just Thor was better. Thor dove into the background more, had way more setup (imo) and as a major plus part of it was (thankfully) set in Asguard. Captain America took to long to get going, the action was meh at best until the ending scene (or so) and frankly Chris Evans was way better in the part in Avengers anyways.

Captain America was a good movie, it's just Thor was better. Thor dove into the background more, had way more setup (imo) and as a major plus part of it was (thankfully) set in Asguard. Captain America took to long to get going, the action was meh at best until the ending scene (or so) and frankly Chris Evans was way better in the part in Avengers anyways.

Thor is a film I can watch many times but Cap I can only see once

Well I can watch Cap more than once but Thor is just a superior movie. It has a superior director (duh lol) and story (as in, the movie story was better). Cap had a pretty good cast, and story, but was just...I don't know,boring in parts? There was way to much exposition and not enough action I suppose. But then again, it was an origin story and a pretty convoluted origin story at that.

Well I can watch Cap more than once but Thor is just a superior movie. It has a superior director (duh lol) and story (as in, the movie story was better). Cap had a pretty good cast, and story, but was just...I don't know,boring in parts? There was way to much exposition and not enough action I suppose. But then again, it was an origin story and a pretty convoluted origin story at that.

I dunno I can't, I found myself wandering an hour or so into Cap, suppose its different strokes for different folks

I dunno I can't, I found myself wandering an hour or so into Cap, suppose its different strokes for different folks

Same. I can get through the last half of Capt, but the first part just bores me to death. I've only seen the movie 1/2 times :p, because I don't count how little it held my attention during the first have as actually watching it.

Thor is a film I can watch many times but Cap I can only see once

im the oposite, captian was a fantastic movie. lets face it rappy you were against the movie becuase of chris evans far before it was ever released.

I like how mid way through the video, during one of the fight scenes with an explosion, a guy in armor just seems stunned, then instantly crotch kicks another guy... made me laugh.

that's how they roll in elf land :rofl:

Confirming his much-expected cameo in Marvel Studios' latest flick that has begun filming, Thor: The Dark World, make the jump and check out what legendary comic book writer-editor Stan Lee says!

While the legendary comic book creator has already filmed his inevitable cameo in Marvel Studios' first ?Phase 2? installment, Iron Man 3, Stan Lee recently confirmed his next cameo in Thor: The Dark World, according to the folks from Nuke the Fridge.

Now that the Alan Taylor-directed sequel has started filming earlier this week, ?The Man? revealed during a Q&A at the Comikaze Expo that he knows what the part will involve. And although he didn't detail the cameo for obvious reasons, Lee did, however, tease it.

?You have never seen anything like it,? Stan Lee said. ?neither have I. Do not miss it!?

Considering Thor and The Avengers are Marvel Studios' only feature films that explore otherworldly territory, and Stan Lee's cameos in both were on earth, perhaps his cameo in Thor: The Dark World will take place on one of the nine realms.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=67272#K0heCZfQ6dJrSd04.99

While the legendary comic book creator has already filmed his inevitable cameo in Marvel Studios' first ?Phase 2? installment, Iron Man 3, Stan Lee recently confirmed his next cameo in Thor: The Dark World, according to the folks from Nuke the Fridge.

It's cool how he keeps doing this.

There's a rumor going around that a major character will die in the Thor sequel, and the current consensus seems to be that

Anthony Hopkins's Odin is the most likely suspect. Considering he effectively died for awhile in the first movie before getting better, it doesn't seem all that unlikely that he would bite the Asgardian bullet for real in this one, although even the inside sources behind the rumor aren't saying it's definitely Odin.

[x]

k5K4j59.png

Last Friday, we reported that the ensemble cast of Marvel's Alan Taylor-directed sequel, Thor: The Dark World had two new additions. British actor Clive Russell & Welsh/American actor Richard Brake was believed to have landed ?minor? roles in the film, however, Deadline has revealed both of their roles to be quite pivotal.

The infamous industry site is reporting that Clive Russell will portray the God of War, Tyr, older brother of the titular God of Thunder and biological son of the all-father Odin. And Richard Brake has signed on to play a captain of the elite group of Asgardian warriors, that appeared in the original blockbuster, known as Einherjar.

According to wikipedia, Tyr has "rebelled against Odin several times due to his love of battle & fought Thor due to resentment of Thor's relationship with Sif and the fact Thor usurped his role as Asgard's greatest warrior. Once he was nearly exiled for this." That may explain his absence from the original Kenneth Branagh-directed film.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=67764

5A9n8w0.jpg

THOR: THE DARK WORLD To Feature ALL of the Nine Worlds After All?

Excerpted from Kinopoisk?s coverage of Russia?s annual Cinema Expo 2012, where Marvel Studios have showcased exclusive movie content years prior while under Paramount's distribution, Walt Disney Studios? presentation apparently included concept art for Thor: The Dark World and more. In a rough translation, the site reports:

?At the presentation, we were presented concept art from which it was possible to understand the scenery of the film will fill the space. The film promises to cover not only the Earth and Asgard, but also all the nine worlds. The studio hopes that the director Alan Taylor, who has experience creating fantasy series, perfectly cope with the task of building the mythical world in the new movie about the god with the hammer.?

• 3 weeks later...

Official Sypnosis Released:

Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World" continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel's "Thor" and "Marvel's The Avengers," Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

Starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsg?rd, Idris Elba, Christopher Eccleston, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano and Jaimie Alexander with Rene Russo and Anthony Hopkins as Odin, "Thor: The Dark World" is directed by Alan Taylor, produced by Kevin Feige, from a story by Don Payne (credit not final) and screenplay by Christopher Yost and Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (credit not final) and is based on Marvel's classic Super Hero Thor, who first appeared in the comic book "Journey into Mystery" #83 in August, 1962.

"Thor: The Dark World" is presented by Marvel Studios. The executive producers are Louis D'Esposito, Alan Fine, Stan Lee, Victoria Alonso, Craig Kyle and Nigel Gostelow. The film releases November 8, 2013, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

Natalie Portman Forced By Marvel To Return As 'Jane Foster' In THOR: THE DARK WORLD?

Marvel Studios don't exactly have a great track record with the stars of their films. You can count Edward Norton, Mickey Rourke and Terrence Howard among those who won't work with them again, and after Hugo Weaving recent made his feeling about returning as the 'Red Skull' very clear (read more about that by clicking HERE), it looks as if we can add Natalie Portman to that list. The actress was said to be upset when talks broke down between the studio and director Patty Jenkins, and TG Daily claims that she didn't want to return as 'Jane Foster' in Thor: The Dark World. Ironically, we recently learned that Natalie Portman is being 'forced' into her contractual role as the romantic lead in Thor 2, another Marvel Film Universe sequel, despite a desire to back out. Oh dear. You certainly can't blame Marvel for forcing her to return, especially when she signed a contract to appear in more than one film. However, one has to wonder whether or not this will impact her performance at all!