Shootings at Batman Premiere

The laws on the books need to be enforced better thats it, MORE laws only effect the law abiding anyhow.

Yeah. I buy guns and I buy ammo, yet I abide by the law. It isn't fair to keep coming after us once someone does this crap.

Yeah. I buy guns and I buy ammo, yet I abide by the law. It isn't fair to keep coming after us once someone does this crap.

Yep blame the person not the community. That's like saying everyone that builds pc's and does that for a job/hobby is a malicious hacker.

• Like 2

To be honest, you'd expect someone with a lot of ammo not to be crazy, as they'd either be a) stockpiling, or b) expecting future use (at a range or wherever). Someone who's going to go on a shooting rampage probably doesn't think long term.

Yeah it's the same out here. Security has been increased everywhere big crowds gather.

They always worry about 'copycats'. There has never been such a thing.

Of course there have. The Tylenol poisonings generated copycats, as have some other mass killings that mimicked Columbine etc., the W. R. Myers High School shooting that took place 8 days after Columbine for one.

What all those saying ban guns, make it harder to buy ammo, restrict gun ownership seem to forget is that this laws only affect those who obtain their guns and ammo legally. those who want to commit a crime can go to the underworld or black market and get a gun and ammo if they pay the right price. If instead of wasting billions of dollars and American lives overseas in countries were we are not welcomed in the first place and those resources to guard our borders and really fight illegal gun smuggling maybe we would be able to reduce the possibility of this things to happen. Law abiding gun owners should not need to pay the price for this loons. IDK maybe it's the way I was raised, but I have been around guns all my life and had carry concealed permit since 1994 and the thought of going and do something as terrible as this has never passed my mind. But that's just me and my two cents worth of the incident.

A touch of good news: the 3 month old baby has been patched up and has been discharged.

God who the **** brings a 3 month old baby to a movie theater for a midnight showing? ****ing parents these days.

One its just going to annoy everyone else in the theater when it bursts out crying. And two if you can't find someone to babysit your kid, GO TO ANOTHER SHOWING. It's just a ****ing movie, its not going to change if you see it the next day.

Sorry kindoff off topic but just my two cents.

• Like 2

Loud environments tend to put babies to sleep, in my experience. It's when you are trying to tip-toe around that the little ****ers wake up screaming. lol

But I see your point.

• Like 2

Loud environments tend to put babies to sleep, in my experience. It's when you are trying to tip-toe around that the little ****ers wake up screaming. lol

But I see your point.

LOL ! That is so true.

God who the **** brings a 3 month old baby to a movie theater for a midnight showing? ****ing parents these days.

Probably one's who's babies don't sleep regular hours like you and I

Probably one's who's babies don't sleep regular hours like you and I

Get a babysitter or a friend to look after your kid then. If you can't, go watch the movie another day its not like you'll be watching a completely different movie. Your kid should come first.

• Like 3

Get a babysitter or a friend to look after your kid then. If you can't, go watch the movie another day its not like you'll be watching a completely different movie. Your kid should come first.

Exactly! I have seen every Batman on opening day with my dad since I was 6 years old in 1989. Haven't missed one... until TDKR. Have a 3 year old (my wife was pregnant when we went to see TDK) -- guess what? We don't really go to movies anymore! Stupid parents. That is way too loud for a kid. We tried to take our daughter to Madagascar 3 a few weeks back and had to leave because it was too loud for her. Batman, with its explosions, etc... is WAY too loud for kids.

But even if I did go this round, I wouldn't have gone to that theater even though it is the closest to me. As I mentioned earlier in the thread... it's pretty ghetto. There are newer, nicer theaters just a little further.

Yeah.. only you don't have to make it easier for them. Guns should not be allowed to purchase as freely as they are in this country. It would have been much more difficult for them to get guns from a 3rd party. First you need to know people like that, it's not as easy as walking into Walmart and getting a gun. Not to mention it's easier for buy a rifle or a shotgun than it is to buy a handgun.

Alright, before I say this I'll note that I'm a liberal.

Liberals have some sort of double standard when it comes to guns and I've never really understood it. Now personally, I live in the UK where guns are illegal however we still see our fair share of gun crime. Liberals constantly call for the legalization of drugs as it has been proven to reduce drug crime when they're all legal (See Portugal as an example). What makes you think the same thing wouldn't happen in the US with guns? Make them illegal and you're going to have a black market for them just like there's a black market for drugs. Having them legal is fine, the only thing that isn't fine is the lax regulation. It even says in the 2nd amendment that arms should be regulated - regulate them better and you'll have these sort of horrific events occur less.

@OP, this is terrible. I feel so sorry for the families. Colorado has my best wishes.

i've been following this over the news the entire day. and it's really bad. i feel bad for the victims. but when i saw that the youngest victim was a three months old, i was outraged. who in their perfect mind would take a baby to see a movie theater. if he/she doesn't have a babysitter or someone who can look out for the infant, just don't go, the sound system in most theaters are really loud for me, i imagine what would do to a infant....jezzzz... don't want to start anything, but i hope the state hangs his sorry arse, it's nothing compared to what he's done, and it doesn't bring back the people he killed, but he really deserves.

Not really the right time or event to be judging the parent(s) of the 3 month old. Had nothing to do with the tragic events that took place.

Tragic event and my thoughts to all those affected.

A touch of good news: the 3 month old baby has been patched up and has been discharged.

To play the devil's advocate, who is taking a 3 month old to a midnight showing? -__-

Having them legal is fine, the only thing that isn't fine is the lax regulation. It even says in the 2nd amendment that arms should be regulated - regulate them better and you'll have these sort of horrific events occur less.

There's the misconception - they are regulated. There are federal and state gun laws up the wazoo. The problem here is that he had no legal history to disqualify his purchases, which nwere done nat major sportingn goods chain stores. We'll see in coming days about his psychiatric history, if any, but absent that he was a bolt from the blue.

To play the devil's advocate, who is taking a 3 month old to a midnight showing? -__-

Because of all the shootings which occur at midnight showings? :/

Lay off the parents...damn

Because of all the shootings which occur at midnight showings? :/

Lay off the parents...damn

Shooting aside, noises that loud can jack up an infants ear drums. It is legally child endangerment. (Looked into it after someone moved into the neighboorhood that has an infant in the back seat while listening to music so loud it vibrates our house as they pass by.)

Shooting aside, noises that loud can jack up an infants ear drums. It is legally child endangerment. (Looked into it after someone moved into the neighboorhood that has an infant in the back seat while listening to music so loud it vibrates our house as they pass by.)

Exactly what I was thinking. No place for a 3 month old. :/

Exactly what I was thinking. No place for a 3 month old. :/

You two must be the greatest parents ... ever? Do no wrong in OTHER peoples eyes?

Anyway, relief that the child is ok.