Shootings at Batman Premiere

Not that it would have been me, because who knows what anyone would do in that situation, but it's interesting that no one (at least reportedly) tried to subdue him? Tackle him from behind, the side etc... It sounds like he did his thing and just left the theater on his own. Again, obviously scary and disorienting in there, but don't we love Batman because there is that part of us that wants to be the hero?

I agree no one should have attempted to take a shot at him with a concealed weapon though. But a big enough guy could have knocked him to the ground, and people could just pile on from there? I dunno...I wasn't there. Just something I was thinking about. Meh... the gas might have been too much to even see through or breathe through without suffocating I guess.

No, but if someone was carrying in the theater and returned fire, it would have made the threat concentrate more on him/her and more people could have survived by getting out of the theater.

It's a dark theater with tear gas grenades and he was wearing body armor. The chances of someone actually disabling him would probably be low and instead they'll most likely end up hitting a bunch of other people by accident.

He bought all weapons legally in the store in the last 2 months and ordered 6000 rounds of ammo online no problem

It?s easy to buy ammunition online, and theater shooting suspect James Holmes took advantage of that fact when he acquired 6,000 bullets with just a few clicks.

It was easy enough for Holmes to acquire the weapons he allegedly used in the crime ? he bought them at Denver area gun shops. But it was the purchase of the ammunition that raised our eyebrows. Picking up a few thousand rounds online was a bit more involved than the process you?d use to buy Beanie Babies, though, with ammo sites asking for minimal documentation before they?ll fork over the bullets

Sites such as SGAmmo.com, AIMSurplus.com and good ol? Wal-Mart are more than willing to sell more rounds of ammunition than anyone would ever need. All that?s required is an emailed, mailed or faxed ID and your assurance (no proof needed) that you?ve met the above list of requirements.

It?s a scary list: Assault rifle with 100-round magazine, powerful .40 caliber pistols, a 12-gauge shotgun. Holmes was armed with enough weapons and ammunition to kill hundreds ? if not thousands ? of people. Is it a good idea to make it so easy to acquire such weaponry along with its associated ammunition?

http://mashable.com/...ng-ammo-online/

Is it a good idea to make it so easy to acquire such weaponry along with its associated ammunition?

Well gun nuts will tell you yes.

Those identified as deceased in Colo. Shooting

Twelve people who died in the Colorado movie shooting have been identified by the Arapahoe County coroner.

-Jessica Ghawi, 24, of Denver; aspiring sports journalist

-Veronica Moser, 6, whose mother was critically injured

-Matt McQuinn, 27, of Denver; technical support provider

-Alex Sullivan, 27, of Aurora; worked at Red Robin restaurant

- Micayla Medek, 23, of Westminster, Colo.

-John Larimer, 27, of Buckley Air Force Base, Navy cryptologist

-Jesse Childress, 29, of Thornton, Colo., Air Force cyber-systems operator

-Gordon W. Cowden, 51

-Jonathan T. Blunk, 26

-Rebecca Ann Wingo, 32

-Alexander C. Teves, 24, earned master's degree in counseling psychology in June from University of Denver

-Alexander J. Boik, 18

gss-120721-victims-01.grid-10x2.jpg

I have over 20,000 rounds of ammo at my house and I order more all the time does this make me a lunatic? We have enough laws on the books that need to be enforced. His mom knew he was crazy and she did nothing about it. If she did and got him evaluated by a psychiatrist and turned out to be crazy he would of never been able to buy the guns legally.

Again don't blame the community and don't force unnecessary restrictions on the millions of people that had nothing to do with this.

When a shooting spree occurs, they always go after the guns of the people that didn't do it.

• Like 1

If they're legal, you're of age for the ammo required (18 for rifle/shotgun, 21 for pistol) and pass the computer checks why not? Still, in a few states there is a 3-5 day waiting period for some weapons but they're still legal.

Just because 1 person in 50 million drives their car into a crowd at 50mph do you ban cars & gasoline?

Following up on my rant about ''assault weapon" being a meaningless term, below is a standard Ruger hunting carbine and a more militarized version with a nylon stock and other bits. They are functionally identical right down to taking the same magazines - large or small - yet some idiots would ban the lower one based on looks alone.

post-347280-0-27243300-1342912612_thumb.

NY Daily News....

EXCLUSIVE: Remorseless mass-murder suspect James Holmes was locked up alone Saturday over fears that the self-proclaimed Joker would become a target for other inmates.

The man accused in the Colorado movie theater massacre was still behaving erratically on the day after his rampage at a midnight screening of ?The Dark Night Rises? ? the last film in the Batman trilogy.

?Let?s just say he hasn?t shown any remorse,? a jail employee told the Daily News. ?He thinks he?s acting in a movie.?

A released inmate said Holmes? behavior behind bars was increasingly irrational.

?He was spitting at the door and spitting at the guards,? the inmate told The News. ?He's spitting at everything. Dude was acting crazy.?

Holmes, 24, was also placed on suicide watch in solitary confinement before eating a jailhouse breakfast of grits and sausage, according to a cafeteria worker.

Two other just-released inmates said the concerns of Arapahoe Detention Center officials over Holmes? life were well-founded.

?All the inmates were talking about killing him,? Wayne Medley, 24, said as he left the facility. ?Everyone was looking for an opportunity. It?s all they could talk about.?

Freed inmate Dima Danilov, 22, said the suspect?s face was covered with a red towel when he arrived at the jail about two hours after 12 people were killed and 58 wounded inside an Aurora, Colo., multiplex.

Holmes ? who had dyed his hair red ? was also wearing red clothing beneath the black body armor that terrified moviegoers saw when he opened fire early Friday morning, Danilov said.

Jail guards ?blacked out his windows with duct tape so no one could see him,? said Danilov. ?He was cuffed in the back and had leg shackles. Six officers were walking him.?

The deranged suspected killer, a former honors student and Ph.D. candidate, said nothing and walked slowly to his cell.

Danilov said that if Holmes was released into the general jail population, ?he won?t live to see Monday?s court appearance.?

I just bought another 1,000 round of ammo offline. **** storm is coming and I'm stepping to the side once it starts. This and election year? Stuff will run dry.

• Like 1

It's definitely questionable. Are you going to wage a war?

No, I'm more of a hobby shooter than I am a techy. A lot of ammo ensures me that I can Keep doing my hobby. Should I question someone that had terabite after terabite of space? Are you planning on pirating software? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

No, I'm more of a hobby shooter than I am a techy. A lot of ammo ensures me that I can Keep doing my hobby. Should I question someone that had terabite after terabite of space? Are you planning on pirating software? :rolleyes:

Software or pirating cannot go and kill a person or a thousand. That's a pretty big difference.

Btw, anyone who buys software would never make a statement like this which is clearly extremely troubling.

I just bought another 1,000 round of ammo offline. **** storm is coming and I'm stepping to the side once it starts. This and election year? Stuff will run dry.

You can argue that this type of response doesn't require any explanation or whether or not this person should be allowed to own weapons.

THIS.

I also hope they don't go after online sales, or I am going to be super ****ed. SUPER ****ED. All because one guy, not a gun, a GUY James Holmes. NOT smith and wesson, glock or reminington, a "Normal" Breathing, talking human person. Everyone seems to forget that when they play the blame game.

Software or pirating cannot go and kill a person or a thousand. That's a pretty big difference.

A gun cant either, the person behind the trigger can

Software cannot go and kill a person or a thousand. That's a pretty big difference.

Should I consider you a hacker? I mean if you want to get into stereo types and all.

quote name='Dane' timestamp='1342914368' post='595022225']

THIS.

I also hope they don't go after online sales, or I am going to be super ****ed. SUPER ****ED. All because one guy, not a gun, a GUY James Holmes. NOT smith and wesson, glock or reminington, a "Normal" Breathing, talking human person. Everyone seems to forget that when they play the blame game.

That will be a sad day if that ever happens.

No, but if someone was carrying in the theater and returned fire, it would have made the threat concentrate more on him/her and more people could have survived by getting out of the theater.

You don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about. In such a dark and confusing scenario another gun would have cause havoc and more damage to innocent people than good. Besides if by a one in a million chance the person trying to shoot the assailant had a clear shoot it would have done no good, he was wearing ballistic helmet, bullet proof vest, bullet proof shin guards and probably was under the influence of Vicodin. The only thing that would have accomplished would have been another dead body to count. No self respecting gun owner who has gone thru proper gun training would have put himself and others thru that.

Yes.. guns can't kill people. :rolleyes: And based on your response you are clearly very close to pulling that trigger on someone.

A reason I stock up is that Ishoot a LOT of targets, 100-300 shots each range day for handgun alone and 2-5 days a month. Burn through that much and your damned right the economics entrr into it - onlne ammo is CHEAP compared to dept. stores. Even cheaper than Walmart.

You don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about. In such a dark and confusing scenario another gun would have cause havoc and more damage to innocent people than good. Besides if by a one in a million chance the person trying to shoot the assailant had a clear shoot it would have done no good, he was wearing ballistic helmet, bullet proof vest, bullet proof shin guards and probably was under the influence of Vicodin. The only thing that would have accomplished would have been another dead body to count. No self respecting gun owner who has gone thru proper gun training would have put himself and others thru that.

You can't say that. I love these Monday morning firearm experts lol. First of all you don't know the situation you weren't there. I'll be damned if I'd let someone shoot at me and me not shoot back. If I have a clear view at him id take the shot regardless of body armor atleast id go down fighting rather than cowering in the corner like so many in this forum would do.

Yes.. guns can't kill people. :rolleyes: And based on your response you are clearly very close to pulling that trigger on someone.

Riiiight. *looks out to my living room* My gun is holstered laying on the table. Should I go run and call 911 because my gun may go off?

I'm curious, are you from the US?

I have taken my guns to movie theaters, malls, sporting events, other places with A LOT OF PEOPLE AROUND. It did NOT jump out and start shooting. I also did not do anything similar. Want to know why? Because I am sane, and I know right from wrong. I save lives and make a difference in other peoples lives DAILY. I am pretty sure if I was a ****ed up person I wouldn't be doing my job. Thanks though.

Let me ask you KingCracker. would you be opposed of passing a psychiatric test prior to being issued a permit for a weapon. Your constitutional rights are still respected. Unless you are a nutjob you would be able to get a weapon. Correct? Would you agree that people who have a few loose screws or are socially inapt and very easily burst into rage should not be allowed to own weapons? Just curious. I mean if it's about 2nd Amendment rights?

Clearly you can see that this guy wouldn't have been able to get these weapons and commit this horrific thing if he had to pass a psych exam prior to buying an automatic rifle, pump action shotgun and 6000 rounds of ammo?

His armor had weak points - big ones a decent shot can hit even with smoke: the head and where the arms go through the vest. Catch a shoulder from the side and you either break it or put a round through the armpit into his lung & aorta or other major vessels.,

Let me ask you KingCracker. would you be opposed of passing a psychiatric test prior to being issued a permit for a weapon. Your constitutional rights are still respected. Unless you are a nutjob you would be able to get a weapon. Correct? Would you agree that people who have a few loose screws or are social inapt and very easily burst into rage should not be allowed to own weapons? Just curious. I mean if it's about 2nd Amendment rights?

Yes I would object to that. The government could set standards that would make normal people crazy, thus not allowing them to own firearms. I'm opposed to any new firearm laws when the ones on the books should be enforced. Focus on the ones on the books now. If they can't enforce the ones on the books now what makes you think they'd enforce new ones.

I don't know where you're from but from your posts you seem to not own any guns you might not even be from the U.S but to us gun owners our guns are held in high regard and we hate it when people mess with our right to own them. Fiddle with our right to own them then they'll fiddle with other rights as well.

I'm curious, are you from the US?

I have taken my guns to movie theaters, malls, sporting events, other places with A LOT OF PEOPLE AROUND. It did NOT jump out and start shooting.

Of course I am.. and the fact that you are carrying weapons around and can kill someone at a blink of an eye while making statements you made is making me very nervous. I just don't know what will trigger you. Someone loving Obama or someone supporting healthcare or someone telling you something insulting.

Of course I am.. and the fact that you are carrying weapons around and can kill someone at a blink of an eye while making statements you made is making me very nervous. I just don't know what will trigger you. Someone loving Obama or someone supporting healthcare or someone telling you something insulting.

Ok now you're just trolling. Stereo typing people shows real class..