Shootings at Batman Premiere

Yes I would object to that. The government could set standards that would make normal people crazy, thus not allowing them to own firearms.

No.. the government would not evaluate you. The psychiatrist would. Unless you don't believe in psychiatrists. This same psychiatrist would notice immediately if you are unable to control yourself or have mental issues. The problem with a lot of people opposing to this are coming from a very troubling "conspiracy" angle. The fact is a simple psychiatrist test would have prevented this tragedy in Colorado from happening because this guy would never be allowed to own a gun. Little less, assault rifles and 6000 rounds of ammo.

Ok now you're just trolling. Stereo typing people shows real class..

I'm not stereotyping.. I'm just pointing out the comment you made that you are waiting for sh** to hit the fan so you can clean stuff up. A person who makes statements like that and owns guns makes me very nervous.

No.. the government would not evaluate you. The psychiatrist would. Unless you don't believe in psychiatrists. This same psychiatrist would notice immediately if you are unable to control yourself or have mental issues. The problem with a lot of people opposing to this is coming from a very troubling "conspiracy" angle.

Yay more stereo typing...

What??? i'm waitin for sh*t to hit the fan? Are you delusional?

Of course I am.. and the fact that you are carrying weapons around and can kill someone at a blink of an eye while making statements you made is making me very nervous. I just don't know what will trigger you. Someone loving Obama or someone supporting healthcare or someone telling you something insulting.

I passed multiple. Multiple mental health checks for my Employment. What stops someone flipping out and running people over?

Which part scares you? That I hope they don't go after online sales? Or the fact I blame the suspect?

I passed multiple. Multiple mental health checks for my Employment. What stops someone flipping out and running people over?

Which part scares you? That I hope they don't go after online sales? Or the fact I blame the suspect?

Then annual checks. The point is, a person just doesn't go crazy one day. They have this problem way before they decide to go on a rampage with the guns they can freely buy anywhere. The reason they can do that is because usually nutcases are anti-social and they don't usually have criminal records or even mental records. It is very noticable when someone has mental issues.

The fact that someone can burst into rage is also a mental disorder. The fact that you can't control yourself and you can own a gun makes it very easy to flip out and just kill someone on the street or in many many cases we see every year (road rage).

Yay more stereo typing...

What??? i'm waitin for sh*t to hit the fan? Are you delusional?

Sorry I was mistaken.. it was Dane..

I just bought another 1,000 round of ammo offline. **** storm is coming and I'm stepping to the side once it starts. This and election year? Stuff will run dry.

This is what makes me very nervous.

And you know what.. I will be happy to vote for anyone who proposes that a person making statements like this (and basically anyone wanting a gun) has to go through a psychological test first before being allowed to own any type of gun. I will not support taking your right to have weapons but you will have to pass the psych exam so I'm sure that you will not one day flip out because you disagree with my political view and off me on the street.

It's definitely questionable. Are you going to wage a war?

So according to your reasoning anyone who buys and stock large amounts of ammo and has a variety of guns for sport or home defense is either a nut job, a sociopath or plans to try to take down the Government ? Like Dane and King Cracker I'm a gun enthusiast who loves to go to the range and shoot a couple of boxes just to release the stress of the work week and because I like it. I have various weapons and I even have a carry concealed permit and also have a sufficient amount of ammo for all of my guns and I'm not planing on going to war, going on a shooting spree or killing the neighbors dog. Not every gun owner is a moron or a nut or an angry person on a revenge spree. We do not have to give our rights or have them restricted because of one individual.

No, I'm more of a hobby shooter than I am a techy. A lot of ammo ensures me that I can Keep doing my hobby. Should I question someone that had terabite after terabite of space? Are you planning on pirating software? :rolleyes:

Good answer.

Another nut bag with a gun, still suprised guns were ever legal :/ Only takes one bad day.....

Yup. Shame crime is so bad in these countries that they feel they need a gun to protect themselves.

So according to your reasoning anyone who buys and stock large amounts of ammo and has a variety of guns for sport or home defense is either a nut job, a sociopath or plans to try to take down the Government ?

No.. who said that? I said, you should pass a mental test before you can have the right to own a gun you can kill someone with. It's not really a big thing to ask. If you don't have anger problems, you are not anti-social nutcase, you are absolutely free to own a gun even if you talk about you want it because you want to protect your freedom and yourself.

Talking that you need it to take down the government is clearly something to be concerned about actually but this is something a psychiatrist needs to evaluate. If you don't suffer from any of the issues that can cause you to commit a murder without any shred of remorse or issues than you are more then free to own a gun.

Gun should be used to protect yourself, use it as a hobby or whatever. It should not be used to "have your own way" when you think everyone else disagrees. A person who makes statements like that clearly has issues.

Again, I will say.. this guy would have not been able to obtain these weapons so easily and go on a rampage in Colorado if he needed to pass psych exam. You on the other hand, would probably be mentally ok to own a gun, but that's up to a professional to argue. And btw, the responsibility would be on that psychiatrist as well. if they allow you to have weapons and you end up going on a rampage that psychiatrist should be held responsible as well.

It's time for people in this country to learn some responsibility and not just yell "freedom".

Another nut bag with a gun, still suprised guns were ever legal :/ Only takes one bad day.....

They weren't legal in the theatre.

Yup. Shame crime is so bad in these countries that they feel they need a gun to protect themselves.

Homicide rate has actually came down at the same time gun ownership as climbed.

You can't say that. I love these Monday morning firearm experts lol. First of all you don't know the situation you weren't there. I'll be damned if I'd let someone shoot at me and me not shoot back. If I have a clear view at him id take the shot regardless of body armor atleast id go down fighting rather than cowering in the corner like so many in this forum would do.

Ok, no problem, I was no trying to offend you. You got your point of view and I respect it.

I mean legal in the country

Firearms are legal in your country too. If I remember, last year I believe a guy went on a rampage with a shotgun and killed some people. With all the restrictions he still killed people with a gun.

They weren't legal in the theatre.

Homicide rate has actually came down at the same time gun ownership as climbed.

You're right it has but 8,775 homicides caused by firearms is still shocking.

Sorry I was mistaken.. it was Dane..

This is what makes me very nervous.

And you know what.. I will be happy to vote for anyone who proposes that a person making statements like this (and basically anyone wanting a gun) has to go through a psychological test first before being allowed to own any type of gun. I will not support taking your right to have weapons but you will have to pass the psych exam so I'm sure that you will not one day flip out because you disagree with my political view and off me on the street.

I buy online in bulk because it's cheaper. I believe this incident will set up restrictions for doing just that.

They could stop people buying online. That's why I say **** will hit the fan. A box of 20 is 27$. Online a box of 50 is 25$. It's cheaper.

I just recently pass another phsyc exam again. They are yearly or quarterly. I say I'll step to the side of the fan because I'll be able to go shooting at the range and not run around trying to find bullets. The 2008 election every local store was sold out.

You're right it has but 8,775 homicides causes by firearms is still shocking.

And you know how many were killed by governments that took the peoples firearms away? Millions..Millions of deaths occurred by countries that took firearms away from their citizens. China for instance. thousands of deaths a year is bad but whats worse is being shoved into mass graves by your government after they took your guns away you're only tool to fight back. The second amendment gives me the right to keep my firearm and it gives me to fight enemies of the state foreign or domestic.

Most of those deaths you speak of come from inner cities and large metropolitan area's with strict gun control but if you go out to the suburbs of those area's you'll find many legal firearm owners that aren't shooting people.

Riiiight. *looks out to my living room* My gun is holstered laying on the table. Should I go run and call 911 because my gun may go off?

I'm curious, are you from the US?

I have taken my guns to movie theaters, malls, sporting events, other places with A LOT OF PEOPLE AROUND. It did NOT jump out and start shooting. I also did not do anything similar. Want to know why? Because I am sane, and I know right from wrong. I save lives and make a difference in other peoples lives DAILY. I am pretty sure if I was a ****ed up person I wouldn't be doing my job. Thanks though.

Unless you're a law enforcement official, you have NO business taking a firearm to a movie theater or public setting at all, especially now.

Unless you're a law enforcement official, you have NO business taking a firearm to a movie theater or public setting at all, especially now.

Tell that to the guy that shot up everyone. A gun free zone such as movie theatres don't work they never will work. They'll keep law abiding citizens from protecting themselves but it wont stop the criminal.

Tell that to the guy that shot up everyone. A gun free zone such as movie theatres don't work they never will work. They'll keep law abiding citizens from protecting themselves but it wont stop the criminal.

How do I know you won't shoot up everyone?

How do I know you won't shoot up everyone?

How do I know you're not hacking into my computer right now? Seriously if all you guys have is stereo types then this discussion is over. I own several firearms, that doesn't make me a insane mass murderer just like you owning a computer doesn't make you a hacker.. Get over it already.

And you know how many were killed by governments that took the peoples firearms away? Millions..Millions of deaths occurred by countries that took firearms away from their citizens. China for instance. thousands of deaths a year is bad but whats worse is being shoved into mass graves by your government after they took your guns away you're only tool to fight back. The second amendment gives me the right to keep my firearm and it gives me to fight enemies of the state foreign or domestic.

Most of those deaths you speak of come from inner cities and large metropolitan area's with strict gun control but if you go out to the suburbs of those area's you'll find many legal firearm owners that aren't shooting people.

What mass murder in China and elsewhere are you talking about?

I guess it just seems a foreign idea to me that you feel you'd need to "fight enemies of the state foreign or domestic". I normally leave that up to the people far better prepared than me, like the police.

It'd make sense that most crime is committed in cities though as the higher population...

How do I know you're not hacking into my computer right now?

You don't, like I don't know you're going to bring a gun to a public setting and kill someone. Although your snide sarcasm apparent, I would hope you would know enough about your computer to know whether or not someone is hacking into your machine.

What mass murder in China and elsewhere are you talking about?

I guess it just seems a foreign idea to me that you feel you'd need to "fight enemies of the state foreign or domestic". I normally leave that up to the people far better prepared than me, like the police.

It'd make sense that most crime is committed in cities though as the higher population...

Look up Mao he killed 15 million people. The people were not and are still not allowed to own guns in China.