Shootings at Batman Premiere

The dudes apartment is "booby trapped"!

Edit: According to TMZ:

7:45AM PT -- Police say Holmes' studio apartment is "booby-trapped" in a sophisticated manner -- and they are trying to figure out how to disarm an explosive device attached to the front door.

I hate how people in other places have to try to seem like they are doing something. NYC Mayor Bloomberg is going to station cops at NYC theaters. Yeah, thats not a waste of resources.

Some left wing nut jobs are trying blame Rush Limbaugh for this..Have they no shame? Have they no respect? People died and they want to make it a political debate..

This is sad. :(

Food for thought: Whenever such tragedy happens, how come it always involves male of the species? (I honestly don't recall any mass shooting done by a woman).

Sidenote: 9 year old in for TDKR, really?

Some left wing nut jobs are trying blame Rush Limbaugh for this..Have they no shame? Have they no respect? People died and they want to make it a political debate..

As soon as the right wing nut jobs find some fodder, they will be in too. There are equally dirty people on both sides. :/

I think the shootings were collateral damage. I think the MPAA knew someone was recording the movie with a video camera and sent someone to stop them.

The film is rated PG-13 "Parental guidance recommended. There are no age restrictions. The content is mild in impact."

As soon as the right wing nut jobs find some fodder, they will be in too. There are equally dirty people on both sides. :/

Shame on them all. The only person who was responsible was the nutjob that caused it, and unfortunately there are nutjobs of every persuasion, in every society, every vault urge,many there always have been.

Yeah, more laws will stop this because we all know that criminals will follow the gun laws and won't acquire guns illegally. I mean, they're just criminals. Criminals don't break laws, right?

Sarcasm aside, the day it becomes illegal in the US for me to own and carry my .40cal handgun is the day I leave.

And go where ? Canada, United Kingdom, Australia? most civilized countries have already banned guns.

If you combine the populations of the UK, France, Germany, Japan, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark and Australia you'll get a population roughly the size of the United States. But the USA had 32,000 deaths caused by guns last year. And all those other countries combined? 112. Do you think it's because Americans are more homicidal by nature? Or do you think it's because all those other countries have gun control laws?

Criminals exist everywhere, the difference is there's no added penalty in the USA for carrying a gun before the perpetration of a crime. So criminals carry them just in case. In these other countries criminals don't carry these weapons so often because they know if they get caught with them they will get heavy sentences in prison just for having it. It's not worth the added risk to carry a concealed weapon in a country where they are illegal, especially if you know the citizens you're going to rob aren't going to be carrying guns either.

• Like 2

Yeah ok, Rambo. If you were in that situation, you'd **** your pants like everyone else.

I didn't say nothing about being "Rambo" and yes I'd prob be scared but at least I"d have a chance to defend myself - get over yourself!

Also reading into the situation why in the hell did someone take a 3month old kid to a midnight showing of a movie such as this??! How is that respectful to the others that went to see that movie in peace instead of hearing a baby cry?? I feel really bad that the kid got hurt but should have never been there in the first place.

And go where ? Canada, United Kingdom, Australia? most civilized countries have already banned guns.

If you combine the populations of the UK, France, Germany, Japan, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark and Australia you'll get a population roughly the size of the United States. But the USA had 32,000 deaths caused by guns last year. And all those other countries combined? 112. Do you think it's because Americans are more homicidal by nature? Or do you think it's because all those other countries have gun control laws?

Criminals exist everywhere, the difference is there's no added penalty in the USA for carrying a gun before the perpetration of a crime. So criminals carry them just in case. In these other countries criminals don't carry these weapons so often because they know if they get caught with them they will get heavy sentences in prison just for having it. It's not worth the added risk to carry a concealed weapon in a country where they are illegal, especially if you know the citizens you're going to rob aren't going to be carrying guns either.

I thought we were told not to discuss gun laws.

• Like 2

Until he started shooting, people thought it was a stunt/prank. Would you have thought differently? It could have been a stunt/prank. So what's to say that your little gun would have been any help at all? in the panic of the crowd shuffling to get out, you could have even hurt someone else who otherwise wouldn't have been injured. If it was a prank, you would have just murdered someone!

I've been trained properly with it and have a valid permit... I wouldn't be as stupid to pull it out against someone that clearly didn't have one coming at me...get over yourself and think for a moment..geez

Food for thought: Whenever such tragedy happens, how come it always involves male of the species? (I honestly don't recall any mass shooting done by a woman).

Can't recall any. But look at this article:

http://www.inquisitr.com/280967/jessica-redfield-woman-killed-in-colorado-mass-shooting-had-blogged-about-surviving-toronto-mall-shooting-last-month/

Crazy. CNN just did a report on her.

There were a lot of kids younger than that, according to reports, including a 3 month old baby.

Schizophrenia tends to be worse for men, plus there's a greater likelihood due to our culture that a man would have access to a gun.

That said, it's not always men: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda_Ann_Spencer

Amen, why does everything have to be about politics? The guy is arrested and justice will be served, but this could've happened anywhere. It's terrible, but why do we have to resort to fighting over everything?

I didn't read that sorry I just jumped in to the thread and saw that guy saying how he'd leave the country and replied.

N, why does everything have to be about politics? The guy is arrested and justice will be served, but this could've happened anywhere. It's terrible, but why do we have to resort to fighting over everything?

I don't know. But I wonder if he was on any meds.

Agreed. Let's ban men.

I just heard rumors...again rumors that Warner Bro's is going to have all theaters stop showing the movie as of this evening and delay it for several months...if they do that I'll flip the hell out myself!!!

I just heard rumors...again rumors that Warner Bro's is going to have all theaters stop showing the movie as of this evening and delay it for several months...if they do that I'll flip the hell out myself!!!

Doubt it.

There were a lot of kids younger than that, according to reports, including a 3 month old baby.

3 month is still somewhat OK, except for sound and light affecting them physically, their minds are not fully developed to grasp what's on the screen. Older kids is another story.

Very doubtful. That would just bring the subject up again when they re-release. Better to just let it continue running.

That would really suck if they delayed it but for them it's about the end dollar over anything else. Im sure they are worried about the ticket sales now over this.

I could see ticket sales fall below expected projections for the weekend.

That would really suck if they delayed it but for them it's about the end dollar over anything else. Im sure they are worried about the ticket sales now over this.

I could see ticket sales fall below expected projections for the weekend.

Oh, ticket sales are done either way. Whether they pull it or let it stay, they are going to be way down.