Shootings at Batman Premiere

Oh, ticket sales are done either way. Whether they pull it or let it stay, they are going to be way down.

Why? I don't see how this has anything to do with the movie that was playing...

Why? I don't see how this has anything to do with the movie that was playing...

Because people are stupid. Why was tourism so down after 9/11? Same reason here.

I'm kinda surprised none of the theatre patrons had a gun on them... Does Denver have a carry law?

I hate to break it to you, but CHL doesn't train you for what happened here. A CHL course is typically around personal defense, home defense. No one i know of is trained to take a handgun against an AR15 in a dark theater packed with women and children and loud music against a person who apparently had explosives/noise makers and tear gas. Its just not something the average CHL holding person can train for - mentally nor strategically.

Everyone i know has a CHL and the honest ones are the first to admit that the circumstances at this theater would probably far surpass their ability to react or even know who or what to shoot at.

Pretty soon we're going to have to deal with the TSA...Theater Security Administration, when going to movies in the US.??Way to go.Members of the military and/or veterans who are deemed mentally stable should be allowed to carry in any state. Your average CHL holder probably can't react, but if someone who was a veteran of a war had a gun on them, I guarantee you this would've ended much different, and with less or no people getting hurt.

Oh, ticket sales are done either way. Whether they pull it or let it stay, they are going to be way down.

i for one have lost my motivation to see the movie in theaters.. I dont' like the ripoff concessions, i don't like the pricey adult tickets and now i really don't like the idea of my kids not having a father because i went to see a movie. (regardless of this being a one in a bazillion incident..)

oh, i'll go so movies.. i'm gonna keep on living my life, but my interest right now in this or any movie at the theater has dropped to say the least.

Pretty soon we're going to have to deal with the TSA...Theater Security Administration, when going to movies in the US. Way to go.

Heh, probably. Thing is, no matter what laws or security measures or whatever else you put into place, the people who are sick and determined to do these things will learn the system and find a way around it. That's half the thrill for them. The security really isn't much of the issue here, it's just that every once in a while, somebody goes insane. The mother here said she "wasn't surprised", indicating that there were probably warning signs before that she ignored. If she (and others in his life, probably) hadn't, all these lives could have been saved, and maybe he could have been helped as well. Now it's just completely tragic for everyone involved.

I hate to break it to you, but CHL doesn't train you for what happened here. A CHL course is typically around personal defense, home defense. No one i know of is trained to take a handgun against an AR15 in a dark theater packed with women and children and loud music against a person who apparently had explosives/noise makers and tear gas. Its just not something the average CHL holding person can train for - mentally nor strategically.

Everyone i know has a CHL and the honest ones are the first to admit that the circumstances at this theater would probably far surpass their ability to react or even know who or what to shoot at.

Everyone is different. Some might raise to the occasion and some might go hide in the corner...He had an AR-15?

It didn't take long before someone politicised this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/louie-gohmert-aurora-shootings_n_1689099.html?1342794304

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) said Friday that the shootings that took place in an Aurora, Colo. movie theater hours earlier were a result of "ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs" and questioned why nobody else in the theater had a gun to take down the shooter.

During a radio interview on The Heritage Foundation's "Istook Live!" show, Gohmert was asked why he believes such senseless acts of violence take place. Gohmert responded by talking about the weakening of Christian values in the country.

"You know what really gets me, as a Christian, is to see the ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs, and then some senseless crazy act of a derelict takes place," Gohmert said.

"Some of us happen to believe that when our founders talked about guarding our virtue and freedom, that that was important," he said. "Whether it's John Adams saying our Constitution was made only for moral and religious people ... Ben Franklin, only a virtuous people are capable of freedom, as nations become corrupt and vicious they have more need of masters. We have been at war with the very pillars, the very foundation of this country."

I was going to say GUN BAYNZ but I know lots of gun religion disciples will attack me for that.

So now I say: create a government department specifically for movie theater security!

Hope everyone who survived is doing okay :( Do we have any Neowiners in Denver?

I live about 6 miles from this mall and we go there fairly often. I haven't been to that theater since Saw II. The whole area is pretty uhh.. ghetto, but usually you have to worry about gang violence in the area. That mall parking lot used to have a lot of violence, gang members raping women headed back to their cars at night, stabbings, etc... but that kind of crap can happen anywhere really.

However, my wife and I have a policy of not going to that area after dark.

g8qVy.jpg

I know I should've expected this, but god... already? Reading this crap is just the worst, I don't even..

Go tweet them and tell them about it.

Yep. Why arrested him? Just blow his head right there in the parking lot. Now we need to waste more of our tax money to keep that scumbag alive.

I'm amazed that they got the suspect alive. Usually, they just blow the **** out of him then try to figure out the why after the fact.

Everyone is different. Some might raise to the occasion and some might go hide in the corner...He had an AR-15?

I'm sorry, but there is no occasion to rise to here.. And yes, there are reports he used 7.62mm ammo / ar 15

Random tweets from nobody significant isn't quite the same as an elected official.

Lol if you say so. They are still public figures pushing their agenda.

Lol if you say so. They are still public figures pushing their agenda.

Random people who tweet their nonsense are not public figures, certainly not the same way an elected official is. You know this, don't play dumb.

I just heard rumors...again rumors that Warner Bro's is going to have all theaters stop showing the movie as of this evening and delay it for several months...if they do that I'll flip the hell out myself!!!

Unless they can somehow tie this to the movie directly, this won't happen. This guy booby trapped his house. He wasn't expecting to get away. He was going for maximum casualties with the least amount of resistance. He probably choose the movie for no other reason than knowing it was going to be packed.
  • Like 1

Random people who tweet their nonsense are not public figures, certainly not the same way an elected official is. You know this, don't play dumb.

All this aside. What bugs me is the left loves to take these horrible events and push their agenda but people are killed with by guns every day in the ghettos all over the country but they don't tweet or go public about that. Its only when people are shot in a school, movie theatre or when someone that's not black kills a black guy. The least the could do is be persistent but they cherry pick but I guess the republicans cherry pick too but damn. Why even comment when they seem not to care about other shootings done by albeit thugs that by law aren't allowed to own guns but still.

Unless they can somehow tie this to the movie directly, this won't happen. This guy booby trapped his house. He wasn't expecting to get away. He was going for maximum casualties with the least amount of resistance. He probably choose the movie for no other reason than knowing it was going to be packed.

Exactly. I just hate to see TDKR being associated with this. But society always has to have an answer or a reason, I guess.

All this aside. What bugs me is the left loves to take these horrible events and push their agenda...

You're delusional if you think it's the left that only does that.