if you did "pay" for XP, i greatly suggest you read this...

<---is glad I'm not a newbie.

God knows, I've been using XP since Whistler Beta 1. If UNC Gates was really doing that **** he could just kiss my ass because I would reformat my drive and re-install his damn OS then write him some hate mail and then I would install Linux.

Pure and simple, if its true (which it isn't) then MS has damaged that PC and can be sued. Not all the software on a PC is by MS. So MS can be sued for criminal damage just as a hacker would. MS can counter sue for using illegal software. Who do you think will be better off?

If you downloaded a copy of XP and you are effected by this VIRUS then its your own fault. You've got software for free and now you want to complain that you can't use it. Tough Sh*t.

That virus was not sent by M$ - they have better things to do in their time (like fising bugs). Now I know that this isn't a virus because:

- I use WinXP update "all the time" for months without problems.

- That wiped HD...hehehe I know how that's done on reboot, a friend of mine showed me a quick way to do this - there is a piece of code inserted into the autoexac.bat that wipes ones HD without the acknowledgement, and it's soooo easily done.

- If M$ were to hack into the machine from windows update, don't you think they would have included the "spy/hack" s/w within WinXP's CD - without needing windows update (just a thought).

paranoia

1 : a psychosis characterized by systematized delusions of persecution usually without hallucinations

2 : a tendency on the part of an individual toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others

Originally posted by STripE

heh, i would use xp antispy at <> and do not use windows update....

To Voodoo,

Can I clarify one thing with the moderator? The URL for XP Antispy was removed, but I do not believe that was justified. I am not sure that XP Antispy is considered "warez" or a "crack". As far as I have seen, it merely removes or stops some of the automatic services which connect to the Windows Update site or which concern error reporting. The original intention of the software, anyway, was not to enable pirating of the OS or to protect people who had pirated the same.

Am I wrong?

I HATE rubbish like this. Remember the rumours that the DevilsOwn version had a virus in, or that if you installed with your internet connection all your details would go to M$? This is just pathetic.

If there was anything that serious happen to a 'friend' of mine then I would check and even then I'd say it was a virus. There is literally ZERO chance that M$ did this so don't even say it hypothetically. You take responsibility for 'his' lies when you post them here on the forums.

Although the whole virus thing is absolute BS (I mean, c'mon!), I remember reading in APC (Australian Personal Computer, a mag) that MS had implemented a file within Windows Update that would disable illegal versions of Windows. I haven't heard anyone complain of they're versions being disabled, but I consider APC to be a reliable source so that may suggest something to come for the warez-happy critters out there. And of course, there's SP1...

Originally posted by STripE

Admins, just a little info for pp not paying for XP...

Bill Gates is gonna hack you, so to say.

A friend of mine awhile back said he was having file probs, and a certain file had a virus, and was comming up in norton, with no cure. and it was a windows file that was infected.

It was infected under xp after doing a windows update.

Now approx. 30 days later, he boots his pc (yesturday), and according to him- somethin like this comes up.

So sorta formal powerpoint/flash file from bill gates explaining the EULA and terms. later, his disk began crunching, as he read the 10 pages of erm....horror..... a window popped up , explaining that the data was being snooped, and then removed.... each file... snooped by M$.

Then, he rebooted, and, as yyou would expect, the legedary "No operating system found" screen. and his HD was formatted.

This is not joke, and ill have to talk to him for some more info for yall$. He did not use XP Antispy , so i couldn't tell ya if this could help or not.

This is just a little bit of advice for ppl not paying for XP...

All I have to say is...what a load of C-R-A-P. His disk began "crunching"? And formatted? You do realize it's impossible to actually format a system partition when the partition is being used.

Originally posted by scoob

lol funny ass people i lub this thread

scoob on a totally UNrelated topic, I see your desktop screenshot.. uR s0 l33t w1t4 y0u|2 M0HA4! 0mG u D1dN'7 h4v3 7h4 0d4Yz 7h0! h3h3h!! h4x0r!! 2 l33t 4 m33h!

r0flz

Originally posted by Opio

scoob on a totally UNrelated topic, I see your desktop screenshot.. uR s0 l33t w1t4 y0u|2 M0HA4! 0mG u D1dN'7 h4v3 7h4 0d4Yz 7h0! h3h3h!! h4x0r!! 2 l33t 4 m33h!

r0flz

lol.. didnt msn- have a desktop link too? :p ;) :o

Originally posted by Opio

r0flz

umm alright i guess?

i've had like 3h after flt released it...if thats what ur sayin i just never burnt it and i was extracting the bins...

umm alright i guess?

i've had like 3h after flt released it...if thats what ur sayin i just never burnt it and i was extracting the bins...

****e, that's out already??

scoob, if ya can mail me re mohaa? no prob if you'd rather not...

dotbatman@hotmail.com

cheers!

umm alright i guess?

Like I said, 2l33t 4 m33h! :ditsy:

I can show off my warez too but then I'd get in trouble by the f3dz :hurt:

MS stopping illegal use of there OS LOL i bet 25-60% of their user statistics are made of ppl whove d/l it for free. thats whats probably putting them ahead of the OS race , as it were.

Dont talk stupid about the drive being formatted why hes using it. i can see it now hes soooooo concentrating on reading what the box is saying that he doesnt notice the icons going, taskbars being stripped, desktop disappearing hahaha

i bet he looked to another part of the screen and thought :s wheres my desktop gone!!! then that box gets deleted and goes then it restarts and the dreaded no OS is present.

LOL get real mate.