if you did "pay" for XP, i greatly suggest you read this...

GODDAMNIT!!! >.< im always late to post something.....

but to the original thread starter.....

do you honestly thing bill gates has that much time on his hands, to do it personally?!?!? your friend is full of SH*T (*hates having to censor his words*)

this is just one of the dumbest things ive read :evil:

if i get a missing operating system error, you bet your ass im suing =) (SP?!?)

Grimman: if you are licensed to install 1 copy of XP on 1 machine and install it on multiple machines, then it is not illegal, it is a breach of the license agreement, and im not sure but i think you can be penalised far heavier than having an illegal copy.

For example, pirated copy, you dont essentially enter into a license agreement with Microsoft because you never originally bought it and so never really agreed to the terms of the license agreement. So, when you see license agreements and all that as you go through winxp (cant really remember if there are any) all they become is words in a program that are there to remind you of it.

Original copy: You use it on more computers than your license allows for, you break the license agreement with Microsoft and Microsoft can seriously bust you butt for that.

Its simple think of it in general, you break a valid contract with someone; you are seriously up s**t creek without a paddle, if they sue you.

Hmm best get it pirated then :D