asus ati radeon 9800xt 256mb

i know, i cant wait, i get a free coupon for half life 2 with that also :D.

Im not sure if it will run with my 300watt psu though :| might have to buy a higher power one

1.Nice videocard man :D

2. Half-Life 2 coupon is for Single Player only :(

ID BE HAPPY :D!!! My Other comp needs a 9800 pro now :D

why are you spreading bull**** about the bundled HL2?

Hes right .... Its only the SP version you got a coupon for.

http://www.hardocp.com/image.html?image=MT...nNfMV8xX2wuanBn

dunno, looks like it says Full Version to me.

and the guys over there are pretty confident that it includes everything

"First off, note that it says "Full Version". This means "Full Version". No matter what your cousin George that works at EB told you he read on the public forums, this is a full retail version of the software. YES, there will be multiplayer support." ---Kyle

Im not sure if it will run with my 300watt psu though :| might have to buy a higher power one

Listen all "I would wait for the next 6 months... because the 9900 Pro 256 is coming out April 2004 with a software bundle of Half Life 2 for the high end range of the cards..."

You do not have to listen to me at all if you want to waste your money then go ahead but, I have been advised by my suppliers to hold off the XT range of the cards and wait until April 2004 because the ATI and the Hercules 9900 Pro are coming out... :woot:

Save Money Be sensible and save yourself from :cry:

There is nothing worse than buying a card then a better one comes out in the next 6 months and you are :angry: at yourself for buying a card and crying in your lap because you should have just waited just a little longer... don't let the excitement over rule your brain and just wait and be patient...

If not then go ahead and by an XT card... but, honestly the difference is not that different from the 9800 Pro 128 card... :whistle:

The choice at the end of the day is yours any way... :rolleyes:

and 6 months after 9900 comes out the PCI cards etc will be available, i understand where your coming from, but something new is always going to come out, whether its 6 months or a few weeks.

and 6 months after 9900 comes out the PCI cards etc will be available, i understand where your coming from, but something new is always going to come out, whether its 6 months or a few weeks.

As soon as you leave the shop or purchase online there is always something newer coming through t he pipline.. annoying or what... :whistle:

:woot:

I emailed overclockers, i got fed up of waiting for my sapphire 9800 pro 256mb i decided to pre-order the asus ati radeon 9800xt 256mb. should be getting dispatched by the end of this week :D. ive almost waited 1 month for radeon 9800 pro 256mb.. so i thought for the extra ?30 i might aswell cancel that and pre-order the asus 9800xt 256mb:DD WOAH im so happy:DD

http://www.asus.com/products/vga/r9800xt/r9800xt_l.jpg

hey you changed your name! why man?

i've been wanting an upgrade but i can't justify the price of it.. my gf3 is still working well in any game i throw at it. (not with AA and stuff but yea, oh well)

anywho you're a lucky bugger! enjoy it.

wait a sec i seem to recall saying that to you in an older thread. didn't you upgrade to something else or did you back out of it?

Again you go with 256 ? Waste of money ...

if he's got the dough, he can whatever the hell he please. he doesn't have to have your approval, nor anyone else's.

btw, I notice how he strategically ignores your comment. that's how much your comment is worth, now stop spreading it around.

I emailed overclockers, i got fed up of waiting for my sapphire 9800 pro 256mb i decided to pre-order the asus ati radeon 9800xt 256mb. should be getting dispatched by the end of this week :D. ive almost waited 1 month for radeon 9800 pro 256mb.. so i thought for the extra ?30 i might aswell cancel that and pre-order the asus 9800xt 256mb:DD WOAH im so happy:DD

i've been wanting an upgrade but i can't justify the price of it.. my gf3 is still working well in any game i throw at it. (not with AA and stuff but yea, oh well)

wait a sec i seem to recall saying that to you in an older thread. didn't you upgrade to something else or did you back out of it?

Is it me or does this look like a tape deck... http://www.asus.com/products/vga/r9800xt/r9800xt_l.jpg or am I crazy...:rofl::

Is it me or does this look like a tape deck... http://www.asus.com/products/vga/r9800xt/r9800xt_l.jpg or am I crazy...:rofl::

Hercules 3D Prophet 9800 Pro XT 256 is ?446.00 in the UK which is a whopping price..:woot:t:

I was getting loads of abuse and people constantly adding me to msn, spam, etc etc (not from neowin) so i thought id just create new accounts for everything:)).

Yeh i had a Sapphire 9800 Pro 256mb on order for about 1 month, they are in short supply apprantly so today i emailed them and asked if they could cancel that and pre-order me Asus 9800XT 256mb and take the extra ?35.90 out of my account.

aww, you can have my Chaintech GeForce4 MX440-SE if you wis:p:p

aww, you can have my Chaintech GeForce4 MX440-SE if you wish :p

lol! thx mate, but i think i'll pass. that'd be a slight downgrade for me. very kind of you to offer tho :)

This isn't from my system (I don't have MP2, and would never use such a horrible theme :p) but 256mb isn't useless...

Thats not real... Not one game would do that, max payne 2 doesn't even stress A 128MB Card.. So that jsut some VB app or someting

Hes right .... Its only the SP version you got a coupon for.

http://www.hardocp.com/image.html?image=MT...nNfMV8xX2wuanBn

dunno, looks like it says Full Version to me.

and the guys over there are pretty confident that it includes everything

"First off, note that it says "Full Version". This means "Full Version". No matter what your cousin George that works at EB told you he read on the public forums, this is a full retail version of the software. YES, there will be multiplayer support." ---Kyle

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Onl...#agx_2d019_2das

I make my point

- Bundled with coupon for single player version of Half Life 2 (released 2004)