[RTM] Windows 8 - CONFIRMED Windows 8 RTM Build = 9200.16384.win8_rtm.12072

Microsoft just announced on Twitter they went RTM with Windows 8 today.

The Windows Team blog confirms: Windows 8 has reached RTM. As for availability:

• August 15th: Developers will be able to download the final version of Windows 8 via your MSDN subscriptions.
  • August 15th: IT professionals testing Windows 8 in organizations will be able to access the final version of Windows 8 through your TechNet subscriptions.
  • August 16th: Customers with existing Microsoft Software Assurance for Windows will be able to download Windows 8 Enterprise edition through the Volume License Service Center (VLSC), allowing you to test, pilot and begin adopting Windows 8 Enterprise within your organization.
  • August 16th: Microsoft Partner Network members will have access to Windows 8.
  • August 20th: Microsoft Action Pack Providers (MAPS) receive access to Windows 8.
  • September 1st: Volume License customers without Software Assurance will be able to purchase Windows 8 through Microsoft Volume License Resellers.

Source: Windows Team Blog

The Windows Team blog confirms: Windows 8 has reached RTM. As for availability:

• August 15th: Developers will be able to download the final version of Windows 8 via your MSDN subscriptions.
  • August 15th: IT professionals testing Windows 8 in organizations will be able to access the final version of Windows 8 through your TechNet subscriptions.
  • August 16th: Customers with existing Microsoft Software Assurance for Windows will be able to download Windows 8 Enterprise edition through the Volume License Service Center (VLSC), allowing you to test, pilot and begin adopting Windows 8 Enterprise within your organization.
  • August 16th: Microsoft Partner Network members will have access to Windows 8.
  • August 20th: Microsoft Action Pack Providers (MAPS) receive access to Windows 8.
  • September 1st: Volume License customers without Software Assurance will be able to purchase Windows 8 through Microsoft Volume License Resellers.

Source: Windows Team Blog

Why does it not say when pirates get it ? :p

Great!

So DreamSpark (MSDNAA) will get it August 15th as MSDN?

I'm wondering this as well.

really want to get this through my school DreamSpark account :)

Good morning Guys! ..... I already said discussions on manipulating the RTM images is dangerous LOL :cry:

Anyway, WZOR just updated his post, first part is just blah-blah over the 8888 things where nobody is interested - just note the high-lighted part - Hope that he's right this time !

screen1150.jpg

Google translate:

added 08/01/2012 An hour ago Sinovsky Steven (Steven Sinofsky) announced on his blog that the final build of Windows 8 build was 9200, so that the dispute WZor vs Canuona won youth. Maybe it's a good excuse to go to bed uncle? None of our sources in the corporation was unable to foresee, for many it came as a surprise. Although if you honestly say that for me just seemed to build 8888 Steve Sinovski joke, so to speak in anticipation of the opening of the Olympic Games in London, too much like 8888 Olympic "Ring of Destiny" .... But that is little utishenie, and therefore "can throw stones" in the comments .. The first drain I expect around 6 am GMT

I'm not trusting anything wzor says, he's been wrong FAR too many times to be considered a reputable source of information.

LOL, I trust him 50/50. His luck went out when MS got a glitch when testing 8888 with OEM's and decided they don't have any more time to fix it;

But what he said about 9200 being win9 just lmao, like he's just a total noob. :laugh:

LOL, I trust him 50/50. His luck went out when MS got a glitch when testing 8888 with OEM's and decided they don't have any more time to fix it;

But what he said about 9200 being win9 just lmao, like he's just a total noob. :laugh:

Actually the 8888 thing had nothing to do with any bug. 8888 and 9200 are basically identical except for the fact that 8888 broke their servicing infrastructure because of the 16 and 10 rule. And since they already went past 8800 with the 8888 joke they have to rev up to 9200 (next number divisible by 16 while also being divisible by 10)

Actually the 8888 thing had nothing to do with any bug. 8888 and 9200 are basically identical except for the fact that 8888 broke their servicing infrastructure because of the 16 and 10 rule. And since they already went past 8800 with the 8888 joke they have to rev up to 9200 (next number divisible by 16 while also being divisible by 10)

That's my point, the number 8888 caused a QFE glitch, MS had almost fixed it and kept the intended RTM no. they always wanted. I suspect canouna knew something about it(if I caught wind thru my channels, he has better connections than me). Anyway, it's all history. :D

I can't believe that they are shipping with the same icon set! Legitimacy of these screenshots is very very questionable!

MS is just being lazy and not changing their old Aero icons (some of which from Vista) to a more newer Metro look. But RTM is indeed shipping with Aero icons for desktop mode :(. (I guess they are saving some features/UI to be added in the more refined Windows 9)

Slightly OT:

A friend of mine has an OEM copy of Windows Vista Ultimate. Will she be eligible for the Windows 8 Pro upgrade pricing?

I was afraid they were going to do this thing with the icons(actually i was sure they were gonna leave them as is).

It is AMAZING how hard they try to achieve a unified look among their products and services making them all metro but yet they leave something so important that users will have in front of them almost all the time,unchanged.

If you want consistency then icons is a major factor and it is surprising how smth so small makes such a big difference in the feeling of the OS.

• Like 2