WZOR: Microsoft has just signed-off Windows 8 RTM, Build 8888.16384

But 9200 builds are early builds for Windows 9 ...

Wrong.

8888 and 9200 are both Windows 8 Candidate builds and either one could become the official RTM. We just have to wait and see.

Porting it won't -- starting something will. I haven't touched Visual Studio 2012 + Metro apps yet, and won't until it RTMs.

I'm not creative enough to come up with a real comment.

Thankfully a lot of serious developers didn't made the same move as you.

I'm not creative enough to come up with a real comment.

Thankfully a lot of serious developers didn't made the same move as you.

My applications for Windows 8 will not be for standard consumers, so it's not a big deal for me. But you're fooling yourself if you think devs aren't waiting for RTM before doing something.

My applications for Windows 8 will not be for standard consumers, so it's not a big deal for me. But you're fooling yourself if you think devs aren't waiting for RTM before doing something.

Many devs aren't waiting for RTM, starting by myself. There are thousands of apps that are waiting for the RTM to be pushed on the store already.

Herpy derpy.

Many devs aren't waiting for RTM, starting by myself. There are thousands of apps that are waiting for the RTM to be pushed on the store already.

Herpy derpy.

This is exactly why MS released the CP, DP, and RP builds... most Devs and Software companies are already ahead of the game because of this...

But 9200 builds are early builds for Windows 9 ...

The build number itself has little to do with what version of Windows it is. It's the first two major/minor that do.

hmm not seeing any win8/win2012 keys on my VLSC account...

Do you have the keys available now? Because some guys said they got them in their a/c, it doesn't appear all at the same time.

Previously the software download will be available in about 3 working days after the keys, if same goes for win8RTM, then sign-off is imminent.

Panda: Couldn't say he's wrong, eventually there would be 92xx win9 builds. :laugh:

So what happened to that whole thing about 8888 messing with windows update and stuff?

It's confirmed, Chinese OEM's are receiving the RTM ISO's, build 8888.

The post "recompiled build 8888" was fake, sorry, my bad. :huh:

would be leaked in

:rofl:

what happened to 9200?

would be leaked in

:rofl:

what happened to 9200?

LOL, there will surely be leak rumors flying around until a real thing happens. 9200 is Plan B; since now they are going with Plan A(8888); Plan B is scraped(?) - I don't know

So what happened to that whole thing about 8888 messing with windows update and stuff?

Seems MS has fixed it. There's a nice explaination in WinUnleaked.

http://www.winunleaked.info/threads/145-Windows-8-RTM?p=9309&viewfull=1#post9309

Will there be MS news on this tomorrow?

Just got off the phone with Sinofsky and Ballmer and... /s

Hah, no actually really no one knows the answer to this... in all honesty Sinofsky e-mails me back, but he won't actually give me any full details. I can confirm that he is using a Surface RT full time. Other then that, they are all being tight lipped. Listen to the leaks and pay attention to the sites.

Well 8888 isn't final and was superseded by the 9200 build. So all of the stuff in the last 2 pages of this thread have been crap..

It would be "Yes" if you take the official replies canouna got from his channels. Acer China has all the ISO's and holding, pending final decision.

Whether RTM is 8888 or 9200 means nothing to me, just try to report what I see from WZOR, canouna and other channels.

New WZOR update:

screen1131.jpg

Google Translate

formal employees of Microsoft Corporation in the United States have access to distributions and the keys to them

I still say that's a big jump just for a WU related problem with 8888, if that's still the case. Why not go with 89xx or something?