Boy, 9, caught on day care video beating toddlers

Disturbing video from a Mississippi day care center shows a 9-year-old boy beating several much younger children, including an 11-month-old, whom he punches and bites.

The frightening footage, taken at the Kiddie City Child Care Center in Vicksburg, shows the bully attacking the baby and then patting the boy on the back as it cries and adults come in to check on them. Throughout the video, the child can be seen waiting until day care workers aren?t looking to launch another attack.

In another instance, the 9-year-old drop kicks a young girl to the floor while a day care worker is standing just a few feet away looking out the window. Minutes later, the boy picks up the girl and kicks her directly in the chest, knocking her to the ground.

The boy appeared before a judge in youth court with his mother Tuesday. Because he is under 12, he does not face any criminal charges, and police say any punishment likely will be aimed at rehabilitation, not punishment.

Vicksburg police arrested a day care worker, Sandra Trevillion, and charged her with two counts of contributing to the neglect of a minor. Trevillion, who has since been fired from the Kiddie City Child Care Center, is out on bond and scheduled to be in court on Monday.

more

disturbing is an understatement. this kid has serious social issues. While I am sure it doesnt happen often, this is certainly a reason not to bring your kid to a day care. There are never enough staff to manage the amount of kids enrolled.

I saw this video a couple of days ago. If I recall correctly, the mother had said she wasn't surprised. She then said her kid is a good boy.

I kind of feel sorry for the daycare worker who got fired. It's hard to watch every kid every single second, and it sounds like the boy was very calculated in waiting until backs were turned. Devious little monster. I think this kid needs some kind of therapy, and a very close look should be taken at his home situation...

• Like 1

It's either the parent's fault or this kid is a sociopath. Either way, he needs to be removed from social settings like that until he is straightened out. If he can't, then he needs to be locked up. There is no use for such a person in society.

I kind of feel sorry for the daycare worker who got fired. It's hard to watch every kid every single second, and it sounds like the boy was very calculated in waiting until backs were turned. Devious little monster. I think this kid needs some kind of therapy, and a very close look should be taken at his home situation...

agreed, this is more of the fault of management trying to save $ by hiring less people and prob taking on more kids. Just based on the video this kid knew when it was safe to attack and when the timing was too close... run over and pick up the kid like he is comforting her.

sounds like someone has a role model that is not doing a very good job.

I like how the lady that runs the place goes in and slaps the kid she thinks did it, and it was the wrong kid so now she is going to court also...

Lets see, lets slap the children because that will make them realize slapping children is bad... hmmmm

I like how the lady that runs the place goes in and slaps the kid she thinks did it, and it was the wrong kid so now she is going to court also...

Lets see, lets slap the children because that will make them realize slapping children is bad... hmmmm

Blame the kids parents. When you don't discipline your kids, don't blame others to slap them.

Is it typical for a daycare to have the toddlers and the 'big kids' in the same room? Seems kind of strange to me.