Mars One plans suicide mission to Red Planet for 2023

This sounds more like a sociological experiment if anything. "40 people, 1 rock, no laws and no way home!" - MarsStream 24.6/668.6

...Or possibly this is just an advertising campaign for the new Total Recall

Send life'rs up there first, just the really nasty ones, hide food around Mars, and release ferocious monsters at timed intervals, stream live video 24/7 back to Earth > buy popcorn and visit the bookies :D

Worked for setting up the Aussies :p

Elon Musk will be giving the Keynote address for the Mars Society Convention on August 4 in Pasedena, CA. It's been widely rumored that he will outline the SpaceX Mars archetecture.

I say he should be on the first flight out then if he thinks it's such a great plan. There's no way in hell I would let a private company decide my fate.

It would really suck to be the first two to go and then hear "sorry, but the expense was more than we expected and shareholders...blah..blah...no future flights planned....blah blah...you have 90 days of air left....blah blah" and then the radio goes dead.

It would be great to be in the history books as one of the first people to live on Mars. It would, however, be worse to be one of the first casualties on Mars. I imagine it would require a lot of money and resources to set up a community on Mars. Also, I don't think a 3-month training exercise can prepare you for years of living in a small area. If I had the opportunity and money to go to Mars, I'd only go there on the condition that I could come back. I can't leave my family and friends to die on Mars.

If I had the opportunity and money to go to Mars, I'd only go there on the condition that I could come back. I can't leave my family and friends to die on Mars.

They'd have to provide me a vasectomy and 40 virgins.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd go in the name of "science"....just to see if my eyes pop out when I try to release the air that Cohaagen is really in control of. But that's just me. (Been there, done that, hence my user name, LOL! Okay, only joking...)

Come on, don't bull**** me!

They should just use a Stargate, like Jack O'Neil had.

Sneaky.

You can't gate to planets in the same solar system so, no, they shouldn't just use a Stargate.