Xbox '720'/Durango Dev Kit Photos via IGN

I don't really see the difference between 60fps and 30fps. 30fps is more then enough for me as I rather see large graphical improvements.

I think we're at the point that we won't get large graphical improvements and just smaller ones as time goes on. Of course going from the 360 to the 720 or w/e will see a large jump but compared to the PC as far as were it's at today, I don't expect anything more. Maybe with the next Xbox finally going to DX11 and not that hybrid DX9.0c or w/e we'll see more going on now that the lowest common denominator will move up.

personally i would love to see more RAM in the 720 so that environments in Skyrim and GTA type games will be larger and more detailed (as in more objects not so much graphic fidelity)

I wonder, if MS wants to keep the new Xbox out as long as it's kept the 360 out then why not borrow another page from the PC and have a future expansion slot and do something like SLi/Crossfire? That would let games run with higher settings and so on for those who have it or they default to the baseline 720 hardware specs. Since space on disc or w/e they use probably won't be an issue devs can have "High" or "HD" textures and normal ones on disc and just use the one depending on the hardware detected.

I think the Xbox 8 will have specs designed to keep it from struggling 10 years down the line, it's good for profits on hardware since we all know every year all components get cheaper to produce. The 360 adapted very well and I really think MS is going to continue the trend with additional hardware assurances.

I still don't understand why people have a hard time with 30fps. I would rather play a game at max settings averaging at 27-35fps than half settings and get 60fps. As long as the framerate is relatively consistent.

There's a huge difference in responsiveness between 30fps and 60fps. But regardless of that, even if you don't see the benefit yourself if console manufacturers target 60fps it means there's more power available for those developers that want to target 30fps to increase the graphical fidelity. The only reason for to target 30fps would be to save money but both Microsoft and Sony did that with the current generation, hence why there are so many games that run below 720p (the official minimum resolution).

As always, anyone that takes gaming seriously is better off with a PC. If you want the console experience you can always connect up a HDTV and a wireless controller. Games are cheaper, performance is better, graphical fidelity is much better, load times are shorter, you have the option of mods/tweaks and you don't have to worry about all your games becoming obsolete when new hardware comes out.

If the dev kit has 12GB for real and dev kits usually have double the ram over the final then we're talking 6GB, I suppose MS could do what I think and have 4GB for games to use while the other 2GB is isolated for the dashboard and apps in order to multitask like the leaked docs talked about.

Exactly.

I think all we can expect with the "next gen" of consoles is actual 1080p support. There were hardly any games this generation that did support 1080p native, and those handful that did were more on the simplistic side graphically.

To add to this, I would be shocked if next gen consoles support true stereoscopic 3D in 1080p, as I really doubt they will have enough horsepower to render two scenes of 1080p simultaneously.

I also think the life span we have come accustomed to with consoles will be a thing of the past. Technology is just going to move at a much faster rate then it has in the past, so in order to keep up, the whole premise of a longer life span will be tossed out the window. At least that is my take on things.

When the 360 came out almost 10 yrs ago 1080p tvs weren't common, and they damn sure weren't cheap. My friend just got a 52" LED for like $599 so its not uncommon for 1080p to be available in a large number of homes. Hell i remember getting 360 opening day and having font issues with a few games cause my tv sucked lol

Next Gen will be able to do QHD,as in 1600p plus.

And finally some more concrete info. At this rate an announcement at Gamescom is looking likely.

Next Gen will be able to do QHD,as in 1600p plus.

And finally some more concrete info. At this rate an announcement at Gamescom is looking likely.

I honestly do not see an announcement before Halo 4 ships. They want one last big console push with Halo and that won't happen if people see the new system IMO.

I honestly do not see an announcement before Halo 4 ships. They want one last big console push with Halo and that won't happen if people see the new system IMO.

I feel it would have made more sense to release Halo 4 for the next console, seeing as we are about to hit our 5th Halo game for the 360.