Mall ordered USA flag removed from kiddie train

In a country that browbeats citizens into pledging allegiance to a flag, not really.

We pledge allegiance to our country. What is your problem?

In a country that browbeats citizens into pledging allegiance to a flag, not really.

It's not required. Beyond grade-school, most people just stand there and say nothing or grumble their way through it. A lot of schools don't even do it. You believe your TV too much.

• Like 2

It's strange how everyone was willing to give their rights away to Bush but take down a flag and it's an uproar.

I'm and Independent and a lot of the people where I live are considered conservative. My flag is flying all the time, while most of my neighbors don't even own flags.

You can't see the stupidity in pledging allegiance to a piece of cloth?

It's strange how everyone was willing to give their rights away to Bush but take down a flag and it's an uproar.

What uproar? Some people on the internet saying that they think it's stupid or ridiculous on a forum or comment section of a news article?

• Like 1

What is it with americans over the flag the UK doenst get so in a huff over a flag... HOWEVER I dont see why it cant be on a the train but i dont see the reason to be so upset about it.

Its the only thing they have left. They scream about freedom but yet still don't allow it for everyone. They have extreme money and obesity issues, so let them have the flag.

You still fail to see that it goes beyond "a piece of cloth".

But I don't get all worked up if some idiot decides to burn a flag.

I'm not afraid to admit when the US has issues or does stupid things, but as a US citizen I understand what our flag represents and would be pretty annoyed if someone burned one in my presence. It's completely disrespectful, dishonorable, and a grave insult to anyone who lives in or fought for this country. It's not just about burning cotton or fabric.

My problem is that people are being programmed to blindly pledge allegiance to pieces of cloth and real estate.

Its the only thing they have left. They scream about freedom but yet still don't allow it for everyone. They have extreme money and obesity issues, so let them have the flag.

Yeah let's turn this into every other anti-US circle jerk. As if every other western country isn't in the same damn situation or won't soon be.

My problem is that people are being programmed to blindly pledge allegiance to pieces of cloth and real estate.

We pledge allegiance to our country.

I'll keep repeating it until you realize that I pledge allegiance to our country and not cotton fibers.

• Like 2

What uproar? Some people on the internet saying that they think it's stupid or ridiculous on a forum or comment section of a news article?

Did you read the article? Anyway, Not sure if Fox News has reported it. I'm sure they will have a fit and some how blame it on Obama.

They need to rewrite the code--It's not working.

Yeah let's turn this into every other anti-US circle jerk. As if every other western country isn't in the same damn or won't soon be.

I'll keep repeating it until you realize that I pledge allegiance to our country and not cotton fibers.

It's a similar principle, you're pledging allegiance to real estate over reason and logic. Patriotism is just a way for people to justify defending the indefensible, if a country truly merited allegiance it wouldn't have to be forcibly programmed into every citizen from an early age.

Did you read the article? Anyway, Not sure if Fox News has reported it. I'm sure they will have a fit and some how blame it on Obama.

I did. He got "hundreds" of claims for support. That amounts to not much of anything. You can get "hundreds" of people to do just about anything now-days thanks to the wonderful world of the internet.

The overwhelming egotism in these threads lately has been eye-opening. So many Europeans talk so much trash about how the US is the world police, but you guys are policing the way we feel about our own internal policies; our culture. We care about our flag and what it represents to us. Why do you even care?

It's a similar principle, you're pledging allegiance to real estate over reason and logic. Patriotism is just a way for people to justify defending the indefensible, if a country truly merited allegiance it wouldn't have to be forcibly programmed into every citizen from an early age.

You generalize so habitually you don't even realize it. I am patriotic. I don't want to be involved in the wars we are. That probably doesn't even comprehend to you.
  • Like 3

Why do you seem to think that by pledging allegiance to a country you're doing so against reason and logic? We're free thinking people. I can be proud of my country but still think that it's far from perfect and still has a long way to go.

• Like 1

I, for one, am outraged that the British East India Company flag was ordered to be taken down! Oh wait no, you guys just couldn't come up with an original flag, or national anthem...

lol I don't think that's your only problem, but maybe thats for another thread.....

So, from your thinking, you were against the UK defending the Falklands, or against the UK defending itself from the Germans? After all, what difference does it make, it's only real estate....

Teaching people to blindly worship real estate sets a dangerous precedent. Especially how, as your government likes to so succinctly put it America is "bringing democracy" to so many other countries. It wouldn't be an issue if America didn't butt it's nose into so many other people's politics. They do, however, and therefore it gives the rest of us a very valid reason for concern.

lol I don't think that's your only problem, but maybe thats for another thread.....

So, from your thinking, you were against the UK defending the Falklands, or against the UK defending itself from the Germans? After all, what difference does it make, it's only real estate....

The people from the Falklands wanted to remain under British rule, so I support my government's actions. If the people had stated they would prefer to go to Argentinian rule I'd support that as well.

• Like 3

Alot of "I don't care" attitude coming from our friends across the pond. I'm actually surprised to hear some people say they could care less if someone burned a national symbol in front of them. Not only is it immoral its illegal here, to hear you don't care about it kinda shows alot about who you are. You may not see your flag as something meaningful but we do.

Teaching people to blindly worship real estate sets a dangerous precedent. Especially how, as your government likes to so succinctly put it America is "bringing democracy" to so many other countries. It wouldn't be an issue if America didn't butt it's nose into so many other people's politics. They do, however, and therefore it gives the rest of us a very valid reason for concern.

Pledging allegiance to our country does not mean we support every action our government takes. I would ask if that really needed to spelled out to you, but clearly you just need a lesson in US culture.

The people from the Falklands wanted to remain under British rule, so I support my government's actions. If the people had stated they would prefer to go to Argentinian rule I'd support that as well.

But it's only a piece of real estate and therefore flies in the face of your arguement. So how can you support the governments actions when all they did was make sure the Birtish flag continued to fly proudly over that group of islands?

Actually, Americans pledge allegiance to the flag (which I assume you already knew; I honestly don't understand your obnoxious repetition and impudent denial of a well established fact):

"The Pledge of Allegiance of the United States is an expression of loyalty to the federal flag and the republic of the United States of America"

But even if we were to take you claim at face value, people in the UK don't have to pledge allegiance to anything - country, monarch or flag. There is no mass indoctrination of children designed to coerce the populous into blind patriotism. National pride in the UK is achieved through genuine freedom and respect, not blind loyalty. Those who choose not to respect the flag or the monarchy are free to do so and aren't shunned by society.