Mall ordered USA flag removed from kiddie train

I'm glad to hear that then :) In general I find it best to deal with individuals instead of saying "all you X's are Y!" ... that just stirs up flames and doesn't invite people to think about what you've said, it just puts them on the defensive, you know what I mean?

Sure, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the kind of person that comes across at all well on the Internet. if you'll excuse the saying a lot of people who know me IRL consider me to be a total kitten, I suppose I'm just not always great at voicing my opinions as I have a slight predisposition towards being blunt. I have no personal problem with any of you though, I'm sure you're all good folks in your own right.

So you base ideas on shows, but get a long better with Americans from a certain area or culture? Makes no damn sense. Americans are just that AMERICAN. Sheesh!

No, I was just using it as an example. Area has nothing to do with it.

Sure, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the kind of person that comes across at all well on the Internet. if you'll excuse the saying a lot of people who know me IRL consider me to be a total kitten, I suppose I'm just not always great at voicing my opinions as I have a slight predisposition towards being blunt. I have no personal problem with any of you though, I'm sure you're all good folks in your own right.

Fair enough. I'm sure you're alright too ;)

So you base ideas on shows, but get a long better with Americans from a certain area or culture? Makes no damn sense. Americans are just that AMERICAN. Sheesh!

Hey, chill out, it kind of does make sense if you think about it. I think he was just trying to say he gets along with certain types of people better than others (which is normal) and that some Americans fit into that category as well as people from other countries. :)

• Like 2

Sorry, I appear I may not have been completely clear about that but I largely base my perception of cultures on my observation of the actions of normal people, I only used these TV shows as a source to cite my example, that doesn't mean I think every American thinks like that. Out of my 330 odd Facebook friends about 2/3 are Americans, as I stated I just tend to gel better with Americans from a certain demographic.

And what demographic would that be?

Fair enough. I'm sure you're alright too ;)

Hey, chill out, it kind of does make sense if you think about it. I think he was just trying to say he gets along with certain types of people better than others (which is normal) and that some Americans fit into that category as well as people from other countries. :)

Ok, I will chill. But Javik set my teeth on edge for awhile there.

@ SPEhosting: You can feel however you want. As for others, we take our flag to heart. Especially veterans. We would gladly lay down our lives for what our flag stands for.

Someone told to remove a flag because it might offend people? Us Brits have to put up with that **** all too often and it's often dubbed "Political Correctness". I hope the US doesn't go down the same path that the UK has, regarding possibly offending groups of people.

The American flag is one of the most recognisable images in the world, and as it has been for a long time, a symbol for the American people. Why shouldn't American's "worship" their flag? I am proud to be British (despite all our flaws), and I am proud of our flag...but I don't "worship" it. Why? Because that's my choice and my passion towards the flag isn't as strong as other people's may be. But just because I don't "worship" it doesn't mean that other people shouldn't, regardless of what country they are from or what flag they worship.

This is the United States, so why in the devil would anyone not see it fit for the stupid train to sport the nation's flag? Mind-blowingly ridiculous...

And what demographic would that be?

It's not going to contribute to this thread, in fact it may make the arguing even worse so I'm inclined to keep that information to myself for the time being.

It's not going to contribute to this thread, in fact it may make the arguing even worse so I'm inclined to keep that information to myself for the time being.

Demographic? You must mean ancestral heritage. So, that points us to Native American, Caucasian American, African American, Chinese American or whatever. None of that matters. We are ALL American. Based on what you are saying I should only get a long with Black Liverpoolians or Black Brits.

My country isn't poking it's nose into the politics of almost every other country in the middle east, telling them what they can and cannot do, and contributing to the destabilisation of world peace in the process. When your country stops poking it's nose into others business and stops acting like world bully, I'll happily withdraw my criticism and leave you in your bubble of ignorance.

Really, so there were no British soldiers in Iraq? There were no British soldiers in Afghanistan? No British soldiers in Bosnia?

You don't even lie very well or are just so ignorant and arrogant as to what is going on around you.

Really, so there were no British soldiers in Iraq? There were no British soldiers in Afghanistan? No British soldiers in Bosnia?

You don't even lie very well or are just so ignorant and arrogant as to what is going on around you.

Compared to the US? No. I was shocked at some of the stuff I saw coming out of Wikileaks cables. Leaning on countries to create laws...

I guess with something like 150 military bases dotted around the World you have to do something with them..

Compared to the US? No. I was shocked at some of the stuff I saw coming out of Wikileaks cables. Leaning on countries to create laws...

I guess with something like 150 military bases dotted around the World you have to do something with them..

Oh compared to the U.S so I guess that dissolves issues with the British being in foreign countries. :rolleyes:

The US is the new version of Great Briton... "the sun never sets on British soil" well... Used to be true... In the art of prediction, people could see them British empire collapsing, same as what's happening to USA now, next in line will be china, but then who? Who will rise and fall in the next phase 400-500 years?

The US is the new version of Great Briton... "the sun never sets on British soil" well... Used to be true... In the art of prediction, people could see them British empire collapsing, same as what's happening to USA now, next in line will be china, but then who? Who will rise and fall in the next phase 400-500 years?

I don't care if we have zero influence over seas I just want my country to focus on domestic policies now. If a world war was to break out then maybe i'd agree that the u.s should get involved but other than that I think the U.S should stay home, short of being attacked.

Someone commented that they disliked the fact that the U.S. likes to stick their nose in other countries business. I too feel that the U.S. should really focus on fixing the problems we face before going off and spending money on fixing other countries problems.

But I'm guessing we'd then have people complaining that the U.S. doesn't do enough.

Someone commented that they disliked the fact that the U.S. likes to stick their nose in other countries business. I too feel that the U.S. should really focus on fixing the problems we face before going off and spending money on fixing other countries problems.

But I'm guessing we'd then have people complaining that the U.S. doesn't do enough.

Yep. We donate billions of dollars world wide why doesn't other countries match it?

Yep. We donate billions of dollars world wide why doesn't other countries match it?

Why should they have to match it?

It's entirely up to the US how much they want to give in foreign aid and I don't see why you feel other countries need to fall in line with the US and give the same amount...

Why should they have to match it?

It's entirely up to the US how much they want to give in foreign aid and I don't see why you feel other countries need to fall in line with the US and give the same amount...

If the U.S didn't stick its nose in everything the world would miss our billions in foreign aid but yet we get people telling us that we shouldn't stick our nose in things. Why should the U.S foot all the bill anyway? The world cries about people going hungry in Africa but do they do as much as the U.S??

If the U.S didn't stick its nose in everything the world would miss our billions in foreign aid but yet we get people telling us that we shouldn't stick our nose in things. Why should the U.S foot all the bill anyway? The world cries about people going hungry in Africa but do they do as much as the U.S??

And you think throwing money at these countries stops hunger? There's actually an idea which foreign aid actually does more harm in places like Africa by stifling democracy and increases corruption.

The US uses its foreign aid donations to subvert the political system and undermine democracies. Just look at the situation in Palestine - the US offered hundreds of billions in aid, yet as soon as Hamas was democratically elected that all disappeared. And what happened when Palestine was admitted to UNESCO? Yup, the US cut all funding to it - that's a cultural organisation, not a political one. The US isn't using foreign aid to help countries - it's using it to create compliant governments that will respect their authority. And the US has a pretty bad track record as well, having supported such delights as Suddam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden, Hosni Mubarak and Muammar Gaddafi.

Foreign aid should be based upon need and humanitarian criteria, not upon politics. The US claims to support democracy and yet deliberately undermines any democracy that doesn't fit with their agenda.

The US uses its foreign aid donations to subvert the political system and undermine democracies. Just look at the situation in Palestine - the US offered hundreds of billions in aid, yet as soon as Hamas was democratically elected that all disappeared. And what happened when Palestine was admitted to UNESCO? Yup, the US cut all funding to it - that's a cultural organisation, not a political one. The US isn't using foreign aid to help countries - it's using it to create compliant governments that will respect their authority. And the US has a pretty bad track record as well, having supported such delights as Suddam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden, Hosni Mubarak and Muammar Gaddafi.

Foreign aid should be based upon need and humanitarian criteria, not upon politics. The US claims to support democracy and yet deliberately undermines any democracy that doesn't fit with their agenda.

Laughable.

Following the elections, the United States and the EU halted financial assistance to the Hamas-led administration

So you must have utter contempt and hatred for the UK as well then?

Let's forget about the humanitarian aid that the US does donate such as help in Haiti after their earthquake, Indonesia after their tsunami, Japan after both of those, et al.

I don't believe we have much to gain from aiding Haiti and Indonesia. Japan we have a very good relationship with anyway. The other countries mentioned, well they can certainly not take it to begin with. I'm not agreeing with the seemingly shady monetary aid we give to some countries, but no one would be right in spouting off that aid from the US is all for nothing.