Mall ordered USA flag removed from kiddie train

theyarecomingforyou    10,428
So you must have utter contempt and hatred for the UK as well then?

Yes, absolutely! The UK policy is to just do whatever the US does and that has been hugely damaging for the credibility of the UK, particularly with our involvement in the Iraq war. And now we have senior intelligence chiefs briefing the press about how Iran will have nuclear weapons within two years, this on the back of our fabricated and heavily politicised "evidence" about Iraq and weapons of mass destruction. The UK simply has no credibility when it comes to foreign policy.

THolman    93

You know, this is a little off topic, but just considering the way this thread has gone... why do people from other countries care how Americans feel about their flag? It's perfectly understandable that you don't really understand it, I guess, since it's a cultural thing, but I've just never understood why people feel the need to get worked up and start yelling 'indoctrination' and 'worship' when Americans, or for that matter, anyone, choose to honor their flag, culture, history, whatever. I try to have respect for a wide variety of cultural practices.

Nothing Here    450

For my last bit in this thread, let me say this to all the Americans posting and reading this thread: "Why should we give a damn what any foreigner thinks about us? We bust our asses and run to aid them when they scream for help why? Because we are proud Americans! I say we, U.S.A., should close our borders to all foreign countries and stop ALL foreign aid. Period. Let the rest of the world sort out it's own dirt and see what happens then."

Semper Fi!

• Like 1
KingCracker    1,501

For my last bit in this thread, let me say this to all the Americans posting and reading this thread: "Why should we give a damn what any foreigner thinks about us? We bust our asses and run to aid them when they scream for help why? Because we are proud Americans! I say we, U.S.A., should close our borders to all foreign countries and stop ALL foreign aid. Period. Let the rest of the world sort out it's own dirt and see what happens then."

Semper Fi!

Agree 100% let the world take care of its self it doesn't need our help.

Brandon H    3,993

I keep on reading the title as "Mail order USA flag ..." for some reason

FlintyV    732

Semper Fi!

Oh no. What would the world come to!?

nominak    982

Semper Fi! ... i dunno? lol

KingCracker    1,501

Well I can tell you that a lot of food the U.S gives Afirica would go away. We supply tons of rice and flower to African nations.

curme    31

I was in the Army and in Iraq during the invasion, so from my point of view I say, who gives a **** about miniature flags on a toy train?

I mean honestly, isn't there more important things to be outrage about?

What's next to be offended about? The removal of small US flags on cupcakes?

tiagosilva29    953
(...)

3fXyG.gif

This post can not be serious.

FiB3R    1,663

What is it with americans over the flag the UK doenst get so in a huff over a flag... HOWEVER I dont see why it cant be on a the train but i dont see the reason to be so upset about it.

Are you ****ting me? Google: remove english flag

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gcaw
      Microsoft is shutting down its Surface Hub manufacturing plant in Oregon
      by Andy Weir

Microsoft is closing its manufacturing plant in Wilsonville, Oregon, where it builds the Surface Hub. In a letter to state authorities, the company confirmed that the factory will be shutting down soon, with the loss of 124 jobs.

61 jobs will go on September 8, with a further 63 layoffs in the following months. The plant was originally part of Perceptive Pixel, which Microsoft acquired in 2012, developing its products into what would eventually become the Surface Hub. The giant touchscreen collaboration device - which runs Windows 10 Team, a specialized version of the OS - comes in 55- and 84-inch models, priced at $8,999 and $21,999 respectively.

In recent months, Microsoft has repeatedly talked up the success of the Surface Hub - in December, it said that demand had exceeded expectations; and in May, Microsoft UK said it had seen "huge demand" for the Hub as it announced the expansion of its partner programme there.

So it seems unlikely that the company is shutting down its Oregon plant with the intention of killing off the Surface Hub product line. In fact, as Petri's Brad Sams reported, internal Microsoft documentation already refers to the Surface Hub 2.

The decision to close the factory may well be linked to the end of production of the current models, as the company prepares for the launch of the second-generation Hub. However, it's not yet clear if Microsoft will build the next Surface Hub in the United States.

This latest news of job losses comes less than a week after Microsoft confirmed that it will cut up to 3,000 jobs from its global workforce, as it realigns its sales teams to focus more heavily on its Azure cloud platform.

Source: OregonLive via Petri

• By Hum
      If you have any interest about Sasquatch, but are skeptical, you may find this interesting ...

Missing dairy cows, disappearing pets, exuming bigfoot graves, 100 bigfoot tracks found on dry lake bed. Are sasquatch emerging from underground lairs? These are only a small portion of topics covered in this intriguing interview with researcher, author, science teacher Thom Powell.
      Science teacher Thom Powell, known for his investigations of the edges of science and Bigfoot, shares his research about Sasquatch, and possible connections to ET visitations. A lot of the evidence for Bigfoot is subtle such as unusual arrangement of sticks found along trails, and apples disappearing from trees. But there are also witnesses seeing the creatures repeatedly but in very specific places. These witnesses are generally living on the edge of large, wild areas like Mount Rainier.

• By jnelsoninjax
      The woman and her 16-year-old daughter froze in fear.

They were stuck in a traffic jam when a 6-foot-4 man dressed as an elf suddenly climbed onto their BMW, stabbed it with a sword and slashed its tires.

The daughter frantically dialed 911. Other drivers at the Southeast Portland intersection of Seventh Avenue and Morrison Street also called 911 about 7 a.m. on May 13, 2014. They honked. Some drove around the man.

The woman and her daughter eventually were able to drive off, too -- just as police arrived and threatened to use a stun gun on the man and he quickly surrendered. He later said he had bipolar disorder, had taken an assortment of mind-altering party drugs and thought he was an elf superhero slaying a monster.

Konrad Alden Bass, 31, also known as McKane, was charged with causing more than $4,000 worth of damage to the BMW and obstructing traffic. The bizarre attack made local and national headlines and drew its share of snickers on the Internet.

Yet beyond its notoriety, rarely does a case so vividly illustrate the intersection of drugs and mental illness in the criminal justice system.

Like many defendants -- one estimate puts it at more than 40 percent -- Bass is mentally ill.

But unlike many of those defendants, Bass wasn't willing to plead guilty and admit that he was criminally responsible for his behavior. And the prosecution wasn't willing to give him an out by agreeing that his mental illness made him do it.

So the case went to trial, publicly aired in the fourth floor courtroom of Multnomah County Circuit Judge Kenneth Walker.

During three days of testimony and argument, jurors heard a deeper, more nuanced story.

They also got to witness firsthand one of the system's biggest struggles: At the end, they had to decide if a man who so obviously had a serious mental illness should be convicted of any crimes.
      More
    • By Hum
      A 6-year-old boy was found dead in the frigid waters of Oregon's Yaquina Bay after his mother told police she threw him off a bridge Monday evening, authorities said.

The body of London McCabe was found in the water about a mile from the Yaquina Bay Bridge about 10:20 p.m., roughly four hours after his mother called 911 to say she'd thrown him from the span, Newport police said.

The mother, Jillian Meredith McCabe, 34, was arrested on charges of aggravated murder, murder and first-degree manslaughter, police said.

McCabe, of nearby Seal Rock, called police around 6:30 p.m. Monday "saying she threw her child over the side," Newport Police Chief Mark Miranda said.

McCabe was being held at the Lincoln County jail Tuesday morning with bail set at $750,000.

more
    • By Hum
      One pizza deliveryman in Portland, Oregon, got a very special delivery of his own after working a disappointing shift the night before.

"It was just a regular delivery and I didn't get tipped, so whatever," Andrew Shaffer, a Papa John's employee of five years, told GoodMorningAmerica.com of the seemingly thankless trip to one couple's home during his shift on March 28.

A hardworking employee, he didn't call attention to the measly $23 dollars he was handed for the total $22.67 tab, choosing to just grin and keeping moving to his next stop.

The next day, however, something unexpected happened when Schaffer, 25, walked into work. Without missing a beat, his boss asked if he remembered making a delivery to the address that stiffed him.

"He gave me their address and I was like, 'Yes,' because I remembered they didn't tip me," Schaffer explained.

The couple had apparently stopped by Papa John's, "and I was worried because I didn't think I was rude to them," said Schaffer, unsure of why else they'd make the effort to come in to the store.

Much to Schaffer's surprise, it was quite the contrary.

"He [schaffer's boss] handed me a card and it said, 'A Thank You Note' across the front," the shocked employee recalled. "And I opened it up and it totally made my day. I had never gotten anything like that from a customer in six years of delivering."

The handmade card from the couple had a stamped cupcake on the front, and inside contained an additional $20 bill to make up for their tipping miscalculations the night prior.

?We would like to apologize for our impaired math skills and thank you for the work you do,? the note read. ?We appreciate it immensely.?

"The quality of the handmade card," Schaffer said, "That was something I really appreciate. It was really creative."

The humbled deliveryman, who is delivering pizzas to pay his way through college, sincerely appreciates the customers - signed Tom and Jenn - going out of their way to acknowledge his efforts.

"It takes a little work to do something like that," he said. "They realized it, and the very next day, to take action and do something like that was so great."

source & card