• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Zooming On Touch Phones

Nick H.    10,505

Hey guys,

Is it intentional that we can't zoom in like we can on other sites with our mobiles? I know we could switch from the mobile version of the site to the desktop version, but I was just wondering.

Brandon H    3,781

Hey guys,

Is it intentional that we can't zoom in like we can on other sites with our mobiles? I know we could switch from the mobile version of the site to the desktop version, but I was just wondering.

a lot of mobile websites disable zoom for some reason, i'm not really sure why

so I'm pretty sure it's a default option (if there is one at all) not something Neowin set

+jamesyfx    362

A lot of websites disable zoom because it usually affects the layout and knocks things out of alignment and such. However, there is an option in some mobile browsers to force zooming. Google Chrome for Android does, for instance.

Just go to Accessibility and check 'Force enable zoom'. For other browsers and systems I'm not sure.

• Like 1

Nick H.    10,505
However, there is an option in some mobile browsers to force zooming. Google Chrome for Android does, for instance.

I've yet to try out other mobile browsers, the stock option has been fine so far. Thanks for the incentive to try some out.