X-Men: Days of Future Past

Rumored earlier this week, the sequel to 2011's X-Men: First Class is officially titled X-Men: Days of Future Past. IGN scored a confirmation directly from the film's producer, Bryan Singer.

"It's called 'Days of Future Past'," he told the site. "It deals with aspects of that comic, but also some very new things."

The comic book storyline, "Days of Future Past" ran in Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 way back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run and introduced the idea of an alternate future for Marvel's mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.

As you can see in the video player below, Singer also says that the hope is to expand the X-Men franchise to become as complete a world as the interconnected film universe of Marvel's The Avengers.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=93192

A dark future, hunted by Sentinels sounds perfect if they make it dark enough and the Sentinels imposing and fear inducing enough. Give it to Peter Jackson, lol.

A dark future, hunted by Sentinels sounds perfect if they make it dark enough and the Sentinels imposing and fear inducing enough. Give it to Peter Jackson, lol.

Screw PJ, but yes I think they could easily do sentinels properly and make a good flick from it. No need to run off to another universe with it.

Not saying first class was bad or w/e, but I just didn't like it. I didn't like all the changes to the history and characters they did. I really don't like it when a movie goes so far away from it's comic roots and starts to make up it's own original history. I'm really not looking forward to a sequel at this point.

Which history? Which version? With all the changes made in the comics themselves....

Which is why we don't need hollywood adding to the complex mix any more. Hell I think Mavel should do what DC just did a reboot everything and start fresh to get away from this mess they've made. I hate parallel worlds, alternate universes and so on. Just knock that **** out please.

• 3 months later...

Unless Hugh Jackman will be involved, I don't know how they could do that storyline... Wolverine was pretty important to it. lol

But honestly, I like the story and think that would be pretty cool. I'm hoping to see Storm back though (Played by someone who can ACT this time would be nice...).

Unless Hugh Jackman will be involved, I don't know how they could do that storyline... Wolverine was pretty important to it. lol

But honestly, I like the story and think that would be pretty cool. I'm hoping to see Storm back though (Played by someone who can ACT this time would be nice...).

As long as we get lines that are better than , " What happens to a frog when it gets hit by lightning? The same thing as everything else." I'll be happy :p

As long as we get lines that are better than , " What happens to a frog when it gets hit by lightning? The same thing as everything else." I'll be happy :p

haha that line was funny :p but yeah get someone hotter to play her!

Not saying first class was bad or w/e, but I just didn't like it. I didn't like all the changes to the history and characters they did. I really don't like it when a movie goes so far away from it's comic roots and starts to make up it's own original history. I'm really not looking forward to a sequel at this point.

I have to agree. That's one of the reasons I didn't like "Last Stand"... With how good the X-Men stories are, there is no reason why they should have to break away from that to such a degree...

HAHAHA, said in an *authentic* Kenyan accent... :rolleyes:

All I want is a good Storm. lol She was always my favorite...

• 2 weeks later...

ppoo34xt.png

Following yesterday's announcement that Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen are reprising their ?Professor Charles Xavier? & ?Magneto? roles respectively, it seems X-Men: Days of Future Past will see another actor's return from the original X-Men trilogy. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Hugh Jackman is in negotiations to reprise his ?Wolverine? role in the Bryan Singer-directed sequel.

This expected news comes only a week after Hugh Jackman officially wrapped production on the James Mangold-directed solo venture for the mutant, The Wolverine, which is due out in theaters July 26, 2013. Anyhow, Jackman joins Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Jason Flemyng and Ian McKellen with Patrick Stewart. And with more cast additions to be announced, X-Men: Days of Future Past reportedly commences filming in Spring next year. And Bryan Singer directs the time travel adaptation into theaters on July, 18 2014

For some reason I totally forgot about Hugh Jackman. I hope they get Ellen Page (Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat) too.

For all those who want a different actor for Storm....Maybe they'll bring in Grace Jones to make you horny...lol

marc singer is grossly over-rated. this selfish nincompoop doesn't care so much what the fan base wanted, but how the movie will make him look good. guess what. he royally fornicated his superman movie, and now ran back to x-men with tail between his posterior. his style of direction is grossly out-dated, too. we need intelligent + action bub. no more stinking thinking man's superhero movie.