Elephant drops by for a drink

Walking around in the heat can be thirsty work and when this elephant decided he needed a quick drink he headed to the nearest watering hole - even though it was a swimming pool with humans inside.

In a video clip posted online the adult bull elephant can be seen padding up to the edge of the pool as the bathers in the water look on in stunned silence.

With a couple of quick glances around the African giant, complete with long tusks, slowly dips his trunk in the cool waters.

After two sups, it looks like the magnificent beast caught sight of the people sitting motionless in the water.

They remain motionless, entranced by the giant creature they are sharing their swimming pool with.

With some small swishes of his head, the elephant decides not to take a refreshing full bath, but it looks like he was thinking about it.

He then turns silently and walks away in the direction he came from.

article-2182134-1451D50D000005DC-275_634x349.jpg

more, video, pics

While I am not familiar with the demographics of Africa, wouldnt anyone who had a residence in a area where there are at least elephants have some sort of fence/wall around their backyard? Either way, that would certainly be a great experience to be so close to an elephant in the "wild".

While I am not familiar with the demographics of Africa, wouldnt anyone who had a residence in a area where there are at least elephants have some sort of fence/wall around their backyard? Either way, that would certainly be a great experience to be so close to an elephant in the "wild".

right, i don't know the range of animals around there, but if there's wild elephants, wouldn't there be lions, or other dangerous animals also?

That would be very cool to see, it's probably their regular water hole, they should set night vision cameras up for the night time, I bet loads of animals show up

You would think that the chlorine would hurt the elephant and or not taste very good..

That's what I was thinking.. oh well, elephants are huge, I suppose it can handle it.

This is so cool, I'd consider myself really lucky if I got to see something like this.

....wouldnt anyone who had a residence in a area where there are at least elephants have some sort of fence/wall around their backyard?

That would have to be one helluve fence - they can knock over very large trees, easily. A very tough wall maybe, but at what cost? Does their.building code allow such a structure in a residential area?

Whatever; like a bear, an elephant is gonna do whatever it wants to - just get the Hell out of the way.