Hey Look: Aero is NOT Gone in Windows 8 RTM!

Well I have never used the Aero theme in Windows Vista or Windows 7. I don't even set it on Windows 7 or Windows Vista Basic. I use Windows Classic theme.So I won't miss the Aero theme on Windows 8.

I would use Windows Classic in Windows 8, but it has been removed. And the only option is Aero or Windows 8 Basic.

So if they are going to remove Aero in Windows 8,why not replace it with Windows Classic? Which they never should have removed from Windows 8. Andrea Borman.

So if they are going to remove Aero in Windows 8,why not replace it with Windows Classic? Which they never should have removed from Windows 8. Andrea Borman.

because an extremely large percentage of Windows' user base prefers Aero over the "Classic" visual style.

plus, the OP's title clearly states that

Aero is NOT Gone in Windows 8 RTM!

read: they aren't "going to remove Aero in Windows 8", as far as the OP is concerned :p

;)

because an extremely large percentage of Windows' user base prefers Aero over the "Classic" visual style.

plus, the OP's title clearly states that

read: they aren't "going to remove Aero in Windows 8", as far as the OP is concerned

It makes no difference if Aero is there or not because I don't use it. I use Windows Classic theme on Windows Vista and Windows 7.And Windows 8 Basic,only because there is no choice,on Windows 8. But I would use Windows Classic on Windows 8 if I could. Andrea Borman.

I've had the "glass" effect running on the RTM. It looks far worse then the standard Win8 themes. I also found that Win7 themes work fine under RTM. I am using Ghost Town by Tracy Hymas.

Transparency is enabled by default. You just need the right theme to see it.

post-248407-0-44885200-1345350631_thumb.

I've had the "glass" effect running on the RTM. It looks far worse then the standard Win8 themes. I also found that Win7 themes work fine under RTM. I am using Ghost Town by Tracy Hymas.

Transparency is enabled by default. You just need the right theme to see it.

That's not what people are talking about.

It makes no difference if Aero is there or not because I don't use it. I use Windows Classic theme on Windows Vista and Windows 7.And Windows 8 Basic,only because there is no choice,on Windows 8. But I would use Windows Classic on Windows 8 if I could. Andrea Borman.

Oh god, not this again. :s

• Like 2

Then I'm lost. In my mind glass and aero glass are the same thing. If you enable aero glass Win8 looks like sh*t. Transparency is just as good IMO.

People are really talking about glass windows borders and title bars, not so much the taskbar. I for one don't much care about glass, I find it makes things harder to read on the title bar anyways. I really wish we could edit the title bar font color, maybe some tweak tool will do that for us. Anyways, by dropping glass from the windows chrome that issue is mostly gone and I believe we'll see better themes coming out now that more of that chrome can once again be tweaked.

• 2 weeks later...

Final Remark: STOP CRYING ABOUT "NO AERO IN WINDOWS 8".

Lol would it really be any better if people stopped crying about "No Aero," and instead cried "No Glass," or "No Glass Borders?"

I mean I know what you're talking about--I've noticed the same thing--but some people just don't welcome change that easily. And others just love to b*tch and moan and, well, you know the old saying misery loves company?

That.

-----

In my opinion whatever you wanna call it; Aero, Glass, Aero Glass (which I think is it's proper name lol), everyone knows what you're referring to. So, at least to me, proper naming isn't really at the top of my priority list.

Edited by JustDC