Can't send attachments with outlook.com

Clicking the attach file button on outlook.com does absolutely nothing when I'm in chrome. I'd try another browser but I just did a fresh install and I want to keep things as clean and as minimal for as long as possible.

Anyone else notice this problem/have a solution?

Thanks.

I'm not experiencing this issue in Google Chrome v21.0.1180.60 m, IE9, Firefox 14.0.1 or Waterfox 14.0.1.

I did however have an issue in Opera v12.01 when I was testing, where the Attach files button would bring up the file browser dialog box as normal, but when I selected a file it would not actually attach it to the email and the dialog box would simply close - I'm not sure if this is the issue you were referring to?

My desktop is running Windows 7 Enterprise x64 with SP1 FYI and was last rebuilt just over one year ago.

I haven't had any problems with this at all. I have used it over chrome, firefox and IE over my home computer/laptop and work systems.

I think it runs really well tbh, it's just a pity linked live accounts have to go back to hotmail :( contemplating just closing that account though.

I haven't had any problems with this at all. I have used it over chrome, firefox and IE over my home computer/laptop and work systems.

I think it runs really well tbh, it's just a pity linked live accounts have to go back to hotmail :( contemplating just closing that account though.

Actually, they don't.

Outlook.com actually *replaces* Hotmail; even better, it (and Hotmail, for that matter) no longer require an add-in as of Outlook 2013; alternatively, you can move your Hotmail account completely to Outlook.com (right now, I have it aliased, but because of the better Outlook support, I'll likely move it altogether).

Actually, they don't.

Outlook.com actually *replaces* Hotmail; even better, it (and Hotmail, for that matter) no longer require an add-in as of Outlook 2013; alternatively, you can move your Hotmail account completely to Outlook.com (right now, I have it aliased, but because of the better Outlook support, I'll likely move it altogether).

How do you do that? I havent explored this bit properly, i just assumed it was as I stated.

When I Went to receive email from another account and entered the live details it stated I needed to link them. Then once linked and I click on the linked live account from my outlook account it takes me to hotmail.com with its uglyness.

Just had a look, the only way I could see would be forwarding from the previous live accounts to the outlook one to have everything in one. Or......creating an outlook alias for each live account and forwarding the XXX@live.com to XXX@outlook.com then XXXXXXX@live.co.uk to XXXXXXX@outlook.com if you wanted to keep the same format as the live accounts without deactivating them and have everything showing up in outlook.

I think.

I'm running Win8 RP and when I use Outlook.com in Metro IE10, I can't attach any files to my mails.

The option is there, I get to see the file picker but then nothing ever gets attached to the mail itself.

If I use Desktop IE10, there is no problem attaching any files

In addition to my previous post.... I had only tested it with an empty mailbox and everything worked perfect. I opened up my other normal live account with outlook which has a fairly large amount of mail and it was laggy and attachments didnt work which is weird.

It's still in testing though isnt it?

• 1 month later...