Share your Windows 8/8.1 (Store) app recommendations

Webradio snaps to the volume control and means I don't have to listen to radio in my browser anymore ;)

Free without ads (at the moment).

post-2-0-03871900-1345629268.png

• Like 3

I mean this:

DlCHj.png

No, it simply doesn't work, even in the US. I think the Update doesn't exist yet. This is what happened with Cut the rope initially. In the RTM version, cut the rope would want you to unlock the full game, but clicking the unloc button would cause the Windows Store to say that it doesn't exist. The same happened with Pinball FX2. You couldn't download additional tables. Now, both Pinball and Cut the Rope works. I am sure Silitare and Minesweeper will be fixed soon. :)

No, it simply doesn't work, even in the US. I think the Update doesn't exist yet. This is what happened with Cut the rope initially. In the RTM version, cut the rope would want you to unlock the full game, but clicking the unloc button would cause the Windows Store to say that it doesn't exist. The same happened with Pinball FX2. You couldn't download additional tables. Now, both Pinball and Cut the Rope works. I am sure Silitare and Minesweeper will be fixed soon. :)

You still can't download additional tables for PFX2. Can "you"?

Some of the apps don't load for me. For example, I'd like to install this app: http://apps.microsof...cf-849c10baf65a

If I click 'View in Windows Store' it just takes me to the main store page. It also doesn't find the app if I search for it within the Store. Is this because of geographical restrictions?

I actually just installed that. But from the Store directly.

Webradio snaps to the volume control and means I don't have to listen to radio in my browser anymore ;)

Free without ads (at the moment).

post-2-0-03871900-1345629268.png

Thanx for this Neobond. But are there no Country stations? Or is there an actual way to search stations?

I actually just installed that. But from the Store directly.

It looks it could be geographically restricted. It doesn't appear when I search the store.

uap1d.png

Thanx for this Neobond. But are there no Country stations? Or is there an actual way to search stations?

No. It only has stations for Belgium, France, Germany and the Netherlands, unfortunately. :(

How can I search the appstore? I tried going to the appstore via firefox and got a 404.

if you're on Windows 8 go into the app store and use the search button on the charms bar (that search button is universal for all metro apps) (as are most the other buttons on the charms bar)
  • Like 1

It looks it could be geographically restricted. It doesn't appear when I search the store.

uap1d.png

No. It only has stations for Belgium, France, Germany and the Netherlands, unfortunately. :(

Am also using Never Late that lcg mentioned. Thanx lcg! Also lcg upon installation I did see US. Not sure if that meant US only or not.

I'm guessing they're rolling out more of the store to more markets/locations as they slowly start to add more apps into the mix from the way it sounds.

Yes you can. I purchased three new tables. They are great!

Hmmm, when I try to buy, I get please wait, forever. :/

Hmmm, when I try to buy, I get please wait, forever. :/

Return to the Games App during the 'wait'. The purchase has to be made there. At least that where I found it on my end. (I opened PFX2 within the Games app)

Return to the Games App during the 'wait'. The purchase has to be made there. At least that where I found it on my end. (I opened PFX2 within the Games app)

Thanks. They need to clean that up.

For me I didn't have to open the games app. Pinball fx opened it automatically

Not sure what's going on. Could be different versions of PFX2? I may uninstall and reinstall. I was able to purchase a table following grayscale's instructions. I don't think achievements are working properly either. Not good for the flagship game. Still a great diversions, I'm a HULK fanatic.

It won't be in Store till October 26th (I suppose this holds true to nearly all high profile apps) but here's a quick look at PowerDirector: http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/23/cyberlink-powerdirector-windows-8-tablet-video-editing-app/.

That is a fairly complex process (video editing) made very easy with touch. I can see this become very popular for home videos / Facebook videos and the like. And of course, the option to take it to the Desktop for fine tuning seamlessly. Looks very promising indeed. Once again shows that the Windows 8 vision is meaningless without apps that take full advantage of it.

There's going to have to be a major update to the store and xbox games (specifically the purchasing elements). Very unstable, random quits, and not pulling all payment options from Xbox Account. - NOT READY for RTM, but has been RTM. Day 1 patches welcome.

Yeah, the store is kinda broken to me too for now :p Sometimes you click on "my apps" and it does nothing, hitting the back arrow on search does nothing too etc.

Can't wait for the XBOX update tho, we need more XBOX achievements on minesweeper ^^

Yeah, the store is kinda broken to me too for now :p Sometimes you click on "my apps" and it does nothing, hitting the back arrow on search does nothing too etc.

Can't wait for the XBOX update tho, we need more XBOX achievements on minesweeper ^^

Solitaire and MahJong too. I actually play MahJong and played all the solitaire styles. Actually like a few new ones. There should definitely be a speed achievement for Minesweeper.