Share your Windows 8/8.1 (Store) app recommendations

There's a pretty steady flow of apps incoming. I don't know the exact numbers but feels like there's a couple of hundred new apps every day. Worldwide total I guess will hit 15,000 this weekend, with ~8000 apps in most markets.

Pulse is online and it is pretty great. Closer to the web version than iOS and Android, which is a good thing. Between this, News Bento, Nextgen Reader, Modern Reader, News360, Bing News etc. etc. Windows 8 is already the best platform for news reading. Most of these apps are beautiful and work wonderfully with touch and mouse alike.

The new Stumbleupon is beautiful. Have to say, for all cross-platform apps the Windows Store versions are so much better looking than the iOS or Android counterparts. Now just needs some bug fixes and adding in missing feature, which is only a matter of time.

Nextgen Reader is great Google Reader client. Of course, as it's the first version, it has some bugs and maybe lacks some features but the UI is great and it seems to be the only app with Readability / Instapaper full support (it doesn't simply load their websites with article content).

I have a BMI and weight calculator in the store. For 2 US bucks, you can unlock simple tracking (chart control cost me money, so I kind of want to recoup it). The calculator itself is free tho. Uses some US Navy formula, used during their checks up, to get your body fat. (Also, apparently BMI scales with young and old age, I'm about to fix it once I get decent references).

4Z0Xg.png

http://apps.microsof...88-2839b4ec976f

It's my own app but hey :)

Information about crimes in your area and info on where the investigation is up to.

http://apps.microsof...8d-9ad34c21ec68

LOL, there's actually a live crime database in the UK?

^Have you tried TrackSeries?

One thing to note though is that once you mark the latest episode as seen, it marks all previous episodes as seen as well. I'm not sure if it will implement marking "middle" episodes as unseen.

This app is awesome! Thank you for mentioning this!

Yes, WeatherFlow and Bing Weather are the two weather apps I use. Updates just fine for me. Make sure they have background permissions. On a related note, the most popular mobile weather app, The Weather Channel, went live yesterday.

Anyone using WeatherFlow? The live tile for the citys I've pinned never seems to update.

its working here maybe you need to allow app to run in the background as subhadip said

Yes, WeatherFlow and Bing Weather are the two weather apps I use. Updates just fine for me. Make sure they have background permissions. On a related note, the most popular mobile weather app, The Weather Channel, went live yesterday.

It does, weird. I don't get it. Maybe i'll just uninstall and reinstall it. See if that changes anything.

The TrackSeries app is beautiful! It is a bit sluggish on my Surface RT though. Becomes unresponsive for a few seconds after I open a new page or open an episode. Anyone else having this issue?

The TrackSeries app is beautiful! It is a bit sluggish on my Surface RT though. Becomes unresponsive for a few seconds after I open a new page or open an episode. Anyone else having this issue?

It's a bit buggy right now after the latest update (around 2 weeks ago, iirc). Live tiles aren't updating real time as well. I'll just wait for the next update.

Well that's good to know. Hopefully the next update will fix it. Other than that, the app looks gorgeous!

I have an app that I wrote, and made it into the store for launch day. The app is Memorylage, and is a photo viewing app that lets you browse your photo collection as a dynamically generated, metro-styled, collage. You can then select your favorite photos to create custom collages, or use the Photo Booth mode to take new pictures to use.

I have been working on it since December, with the Developer Preview of Windows 8, and it is currently over 7,000 downloads.

It is free, so go download it from the store, or check out a demo at www.memorylage.com

Is there a way you can make it look at SkyDrive for photos? The app looks beautiful in the screenshots but all my photos are on skydrive

I guess I'll post my own application - Music Info http://apps.microsof...bd-90cc214cc09f

It's meant to be a music discovery application, with some pretty photos. But it plays your mp3/wav files too (and DRM free AAC & WMA if you pay too), and with better performance than Xbox Music. It wasn't initially intended to be a music player, so not everything is there yet (like playlists), but people seem to really like it.

Screenshot.9980.1000000.jpg

• Like 2

It's my own app but hey :)

Information about crimes in your area and info on where the investigation is up to.

http://apps.microsof...8d-9ad34c21ec68

streetcrime.png

Not to seem like a douche, but surely just using this website is better? http://www.police.uk/crime/?q=London%20Borough%20of%20Lambeth,%20London%20SW9%206QH,%20UK#crimetypes/2012-09 and its free