How Pro Windows 8 users want Anti Windows 8 users to use Windows 8

oh wow, chrome works. i heard an article that stated other browser makers were mad because their browsers wouldn't work with 8. But hey this can avert another anti-trust case like the last time

Chrome didn't up until a few days ago. Its at version 21, the metro version seems buggy and different. nothing was imported from the desktop version. maybe a bug.

There's an option inside IE to use the Desktop version only.

Yes, but Im sure they will be many that won't.

oh ok. I see, using the search feature. this'll take alot of getting used to.

Just imagine if you were touching your monitor rather than using the mouse though, and the reality of windows 8 sets in.

sounds as if the mouses days are numbered...

I'm using the preview as we speak. snooping around. stardock who does windowblinds says they have no intention of creating a start button ala past windows

what would be cool is, if one of you guys who's really on his game or a group of you made a tutorial for us less then stellar types. I'm trying to figure out how to access my harddrive like in the old "my computer"

ok found it. really have to be looking

question: I tried to search for updates as in windows updater. does this exist or does the os update ala chrome behind the scenes?

sorry I have questions. I'm lightening up on my view of Win8 overall. this will have great abilities for voice commands should i not be able to use my hands. say cooking, i can say, "recipe for grilled mahi mahi" and it will open it for me

perhaps even eye tracking for manipulation and opening files for the impaired

Proper title would be: How a stubborn retard tries to use Windows 8. You people should stop complaining, Windows 8 is already RTM and nothing will change and there's nothing you can do about it, so deal with it, learn how to use it properly and you'll find out it's the same as Windows 7. I'm a professional programmer and designer and in no way has Windows 8 made my work harder. In fact it's made it better since I don't need to have some apps running to get the info I need.

Type in power... where is how to change power settings in 8? Oh you have to use the mouse to get that?

Type in display... the same results

You don't need to use mouse. You can also use tab/arrows.

The best Metro Start screen analogy I have for you is the following. Say you're having a meal. There's the table before you, with tons of plates and lovely meals. And there's the menu, which you might want to consult now and then. So you hail the garcon and then tell him, listen old chap, would you please bring me another bottle of whatever, there's a good lad. That's how things work in normal life.

Now, using the Microsoft moronity equivalent, the menu is located under the table, so you have to flip the table over every time you want to consult the menu. This means your entire assortment of meals and drinks is now out of your sight. You do not quite remember what exactly is there, or how it may be arranged. But most importantly, why would you waste time flipping the table over when you could be having the menu resting at your side?

http://www.dedoimedo...er-preview.html

I'm using the preview as we speak. snooping around. stardock who does windowblinds says they have no intention of creating a start button ala past windows

what would be cool is, if one of you guys who's really on his game or a group of you made a tutorial for us less then stellar types. I'm trying to figure out how to access my harddrive like in the old "my computer"

ok found it. really have to be looking

you really should try to learn the windows hotkeys, in all versions of windows to open your explorer you press: winkey + e

to start a program: winkey + name of program + enter

to switch: alt-tab

to show the desktop: winkey + d

and so on. In fact, for people using hotkeys not much has changed at all.

ok, I'm getting the hang of the basics. it's not so bad. as long as friendly folks are here willing to help.

mods, can we sticky this thread due to the helper information in here?

you really should try to learn the windows hotkeys, in all versions of windows to open your explorer you press: winkey + e

to start a program: winkey + name of program + enter

to switch: alt-tab

to show the desktop: winkey + d

and so on. In fact, for people using hotkeys not much has changed at all.

what was MS's reasoning for keyboard combinations.

Chrome seems to work great for me ATM.

Ok let me explain the joke. In EVERY thread all the pro metro users tell the anti Metro users.... If you don't like the Metro screen "It's simple!!! Just pin the apps you use to your taskbar!"

It is so sad that you needed to explain it to some folks... :(

Haha, wow, after reading some of the pages. So much hate and drama over Windows 8. I think this may be worse than Windows Vista even! This thread is jokes and funny and I find you all very amusing so keep it up!

Proper title would be: How a stubborn retard tries to use Windows 8. You people should stop complaining, Windows 8 is already RTM and nothing will change and there's nothing you can do about it, so deal with it.

Do you work for Microsofts customer service? if so, let me know what your schedule is so I can call on your day off.. puhleease! :laugh:

Anyway, i found Chrome pinned the chrome icon to the taskbar automatically. so to change my feelings about this Os, there seems to be 2 Ui's. the mystery UI (formerly metro) is for accessing more readily the internal hardcore features and apps. I'll stick with the desktop since that's what I'm comfortable with. but ok, I'm in since someone was willing to help. But MS should have done better PR to acclimate us don't you think?

ok, I'm getting the hang of the basics. it's not so bad. as long as friendly folks are here willing to help.

mods, can we sticky this thread due to the helper information in here?

what was MS's reasoning for keyboard combinations.

Chrome seems to work great for me ATM.

You mean the logic behind them? Most of them are historic (like cut, copy, paste being all next to eachother), some of them are the first letter of the command:

winkey + E : Explorer

winkey + D : Desktop

winkey + M : Minimize

winkey + R : Run

there are a lot more that are very useful and still work in metro, like alt-f4, ctrl-f4, ctrl-tab. Just learn to use them and spare your hands from always having to find the mouse ;)

It is so sad that you needed to explain it to some folks... :(

Haha, wow, after reading some of the pages. So much hate and drama over Windows 8. I think this may be worse than Windows Vista even! This thread is jokes and funny and I find you all very amusing so keep it up!

It's basically the same minus the start button. I do miss the glass however.

You mean the logic behind them? Most of them are historic (like cut, copy, paste being all next to eachother), some of them are the first letter of the command:

winkey + E : Explorer

winkey + D : Desktop

winkey + M : Minimize

winkey + R : Run

there are a lot more that are very useful and still work in metro, like alt-f4, ctrl-f4, ctrl-tab. Just learn to use them and spare your hands from always having to find the mouse ;)

well good point since I now remember the fact that, I use keyboard combos when post processing my apps in Photoshop CS6 trial.

All these complaints, but in reality, to access a lot of features a ton of people are complaining about.. just right click the lower left corner. Not only that, the menu is customizable. Windows out of the box is never what people want, which is why Windows is typically customizable to fit your workflow. The start screen is just a big start menu and does not change much of anything outside of allowing apps. I come from the standpoint that no matter if I'm using a Desktop PC, x86 Tablet, or ARM tablet, my OS is going to function the same way.

menu_01.jpg

http://www.winsupers...sks-menu-142525

I get it Warwagon. And I think it's pretty funny, because it's kind of true.

Pro users always able to adapt any changes and im sure they are capable to learn the new environment fast so they can move forward with their work without whining&crying each and every time

Pro Win-8 people like myself don't want anti-Win8 people to run the OS like in the OP's screenshot, or to even run it all if you don't want to. But if you literally spend 10 minutes tweaking it, you can have it running EXACTLY like Windows 7, but with Win8's improvements of course.

Running just like 7 (w/ "classic" start menu, though the Win7-style is available as well)

shot1-th.jpg

No nonsense, non-Mickey Mouse, minimal start screen (that is never displayed, even by hitting the Windows key on the keyboard, unless I specifically click 'Start' off the charms bar)

shot2-th.jpg

Sure, some might consider this as "defeating the purpose of upgrading," but it just takes a couple minutes of work. So it is possible, but if you don't wanna experiment, then just stick with Windows 7 :D

You dont need to pin everything on the taskbar...unless you are total n00b

Metro Start screen can be used to launch program directly such as typing regedit , msconfig, diskmgmt.msc

Also there's still Win + R for Run command...years of using Windows and you still can't figure out basic usage

All these complaints, but in reality, to access a lot of features a ton of people are complaining about.. just right click the lower left corner. Not only that, the menu is customizable. Windows out of the box is never what people want, which is why Windows is typically customizable to fit your workflow. The start screen is just a big start menu and does not change much of anything outside of allowing apps. I come from the standpoint that no matter if I'm using a Desktop PC, x86 Tablet, or ARM tablet, my OS is going to function the same way.

menu_01.jpg

http://www.winsupers...sks-menu-142525

This is the best post ever!!!!

warwagon, the Mouse Properties dialog is for mouse-related settings; it isn't an app, so why would anyone expect it to be under the Apps section of the Search feature? Of course it's under the Settings section of the Search feature.

Your video is ridiculous because one can bring up the Mouse Properties in Windows 8 in the same amount of time they can in Windows 7; they just need to understand how search works in Windows 8 just like they had to understand how search worked in Windows 7.

Microsoft improved and expanded on the Search feature for Windows 8, neatly and usefully organising the results into sections. This isn't a case of bad design or implementation; it's a case of you not being able to adapt to an improved feature. Even if you don't feel it's an improvement, it's still a case of you not being able to adapt to something that is easy to adapt to.

• Like 2

I see it differently. I see the Garcon waiting by the side out of the way and only bringing you the menu when you really want it instead of the annoying waiter that keeps trying to refill your water even though you didn't ask or any. I see the menu only when i want to do something other than what I am doing. It is not in the way like you say a menu on the table while you eat is not normal. If you asked for wine then they would not bring the desert, appetizer, and soup menu correct. Seems to me that was the old Windows way.