Man orders high-definition TV, gets high-caliber gun instead

Am I the only one that is thinking of the someone who is out there that was expecting to get a rifle and received a TV instead?

Well yeah, the FFL is probably waiting for the rifle. Will be waiting for a while then the buyer will likely get ****ed and call the FFL wondering where his rifle is and then the FFL tell him he hasn't received it yet.

LoL I thought this was hilarious, you have a good point though. I am sure he isn't too happy either getting the TV instead of the gun if this is the case lol.

Am I the only one that is thinking of the someone who is out there that was expecting to get a rifle and received a TV instead?

If I was old i'd put it in my will to donate it all to charity because I wouldn't want my grand kids fighting over it. Like they are entitled to it. :)

I hope that means that you don't agree with AR556's sentiments.

Two things.

1.) I love how many of you didn't bother to actually read the article to see that the guy was "fully refunded".

2.) Lol@all the pro-gun guys crying cause it didn't happen to them. :p

Wow this is taking doorstep delivery to another level. I wonder what other illegal stuff you can have delivered to your doorstep.

Quite a few people use them as high-reliability hunting weapons or for long-range Marksmanship competition. It shoots the 7.62 NATO,, which is very similar to the .308 Winchester hunting cartridge. It just looks meaner.

Yeah the 550 looks cuter!

He needs to take the seller to court to get a refund. A pretty odd mistake for any seller to make.

So he's out the money for the Tv and now he has no gun since the police took it, I hope the people over at amazon took care of this guy and gave him his correct original order.

There's still no word on what happened to the television, but Horvitz has been fully refunded.

• Like 1

Apparently. :laugh:

He should have kept the rifle. Worth more than most TVs.

Wow this is taking doorstep delivery to another level. I wonder what other illegal stuff you can have delivered to your doorstep.

You can purchase illegal drugs and all sorts of other crap from the sub-Internet.

:huh: What's the sub-Internet ?

I guess the "underground" internet. It can only be connected through Tor and then you need IPs of the websites. A lot of it uses bitcoins for payment to minimize any tracing.

He needs to take the seller to court to get a refund. A pretty odd mistake for any seller to make.

He did get a refund but can you imagine the person that received the TV trying to load and shoot it?

From what was on my local news, the article in the link isn't saying The guy ordered the TV from a third party through Amazon, somehow the shipping label came off the TV box and someone at UPS put his label over the label on the box containing the gun. It was obvious that there was another label below and the cops peeled it off and it was the one for the gun shop in PA. The police took the gun for safety reasons plus it was illegal for that gun to be in D.C and they are going to work with the gun shop to send it back to them.

I guess the "underground" internet. It can only be connected through Tor and then you need IPs of the websites. A lot of it uses bitcoins for payment to minimize any tracing.

Kinky

Hmm, maybe i'll order an HDTV from him and get a M1A instead that's gonna be my next gun purchase. :D

KC, you mean you want one of these. ;)

post-248407-0-18608400-1344621244.jpg

I get a kick out of the thread title saying "high-caliber" when it nothing of the kind. It's a .30 caliber, the same as most medium caliber rifles made since the .30-30 Winchester came out in 1895 and used by the vast majority of deer hunters in one form or another; .30-06, .300 Mag, .308 Winchester, .30-30, etc.

Wanna talk high-caliber? Talk a .50 BMG, .416 Barrett or .338 Lapua.

• Like 2