• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Technet/MSDN members, post your excitement for RTM in 3 days here!

Detection    2,256

Still not excited as there's still no RTM drivers from AMD or realtek for video and audio.

Erm yes there is, AMD released 12.8 today and Realtek drivers on their site work fine with RTM

• Like 2

egeek84    2

Erm yes there is, AMD released 12.8 today and Realtek drivers on their site work fine with RTM

Yeah I was just about to post this. I know that Realtek has had Windows 8 capable drivers for awhile now.

kalkal    558

When I browse for drivers through the usual "choose your graphics card - Choose your OS" section on the AMD site, it still seems to only list RP drivers...

Brandon H    3,233

Not out on Dreamspark until the 25th apparently...

https://twitter.com/lee_stott

sad, I guess I wait for another week and a half :/

Paxos    0

I guess I'll have to pick up the iso from alternative sources and wait until i get my key :p

I think I'll do the same.

What version will be available on DreamSpark?

Descartes    130

I think I'll do the same.

What version will be available on DreamSpark?

Most likely the Pro version, if it's going to follow the present scheme of things. I don't really see them having developers use the regular version.

+ir0nw0lf    484

When I browse for drivers through the usual "choose your graphics card - Choose your OS" section on the AMD site, it still seems to only list RP drivers...

They are probably not on their site, there is a thread on the forums here with links to them though.

EDIT: Does anyone know if you still need to install DirectX? I know you still needed to even in Win7, wasn't sure with Win8.

lol51312    0

Who wants to download windows 8 via Technet/MSDN!

TruckWEB    480

Creative SoundBlaster driver not included during install.... No sound here.

Playdoh    0

sad, I guess I wait for another week and a half :/

He said that it won't be on Dreamspark until 25, but it is supossed to be already on Dreamspark Premium, the admins of our university have to update the webpage, but its summer...

Routerbad    90

Just checked this, I was able to select Windows 8-64 bit as the OS and it delievers 12.8

kalkal    558

Just checked this, I was able to select Windows 8-64 bit as the OS and it delievers 12.8

Me too now, must have changed since this morning when I checked :)

Routerbad    90

Me too now, must have changed since this morning when I checked :)

I'm glad they released it today rather than in October.

EDIT: I think your signature bar is bringing out my OCD, I had to keep checking to see if whatever it was finished loading.

Descartes    130

He said that it won't be on Dreamspark until 25, but it is supossed to be already on Dreamspark Premium, the admins of our university have to update the webpage, but its summer...

Apparently it's on Dreamspark Premium for faculty and staff, students get it after the 25th.

Mr. Dee    26

Activated both my installs just fine, seeing 10 keys for each ISO, looks like they have not neutered MSDN yet. :)

jakem1    1,610

Activated both my installs just fine, seeing 10 keys for each ISO, looks like they have not neutered MSDN yet. :)

That's weird, I only have 5.

Mr. Dee    26

That's weird, I only have 5.

Which edition of MSDN sub do you have? I have MSDN with VS Ultimate. I also, I activated my subcription in May before they implemented the new rule, so maybe you had activated yours after the new quote rule.

scumdogmillionaire    297

Which edition of MSDN sub do you have? I have MSDN with VS Ultimate. I also, I activated my subcription in May before they implemented the new rule, so maybe you had activated yours after the new quote rule.

I only have 5, too. With MSDN VS Ultimate. Have had the account since March of 2010.

phunkymunky    8

yay!

Detection    2,256

weird, i don't seem to be able to issue myself Win8 Pro keys from technet...

Sometimes happens when their servers have been beasted for keys, give it a few hours > day and try again

jakem1    1,610

I can't remember as it's such a long time since I signed up for it. I think it's MSDN Premium but it was activated years ago and resubscribed a year or two ago. I've got say, the 5 license limit is a bit of a bummer and it's pretty poor that MS don't halve the cost of the subscription to reflect the loss of value. Anyway, that's a discussion for a different thread.

Sometimes happens when their servers have been beasted for keys, give it a few hours > day and try again

:laugh:

Paxos    0

Can I install the WIndows 8 Pro MSDN version with a key I have and then replace it with a key from DreamSpark?

Will it work?

Chris123NT    361

You got lucky, somehow your account slipped through the cracks. Enjoy having twice as many keys as you should have.