Tony Scott Dies in Apparent Suicide

It's alleged that he didn't have brain tumour now, but even still suicide (unless legal) is selfish, especially in this case, look at his family now, all on their own. The children are sort of grown up but still need a loving father to guide them into the world, which I'm sure he has done and would of continued to do so.

For all we know, his wife didn't know he would of done it (which I'm pretty sure she didn't, even discussing it, I couldn't imagine she'd let him to it, regardless of the situation. Would you let a friend commit suicide, really?)

At the end of the day, he chose his fate and will sadly be missed by many people.

What about him, should he live in pain/unhappiness/whatever just to keep other people happy?

I understand the argument, and in fact, to overly simplify the issue it's where I draw the line. If there's no significant detriment to the person continuing to live, and they kill themselves, then it's selfish.

If I had a friend who was in chronic pain or was suffering a degenerative disease, I would absolutely be ok with their ending of their own life.

Thing is, who said he was in pain? There are plenty of options available for depression if that was the case. Lithium, Sertaline, Beta-Blockers and even ECT.

I know someone close to me who has all the above and still does, suicide is an option, but these meds do work now and again, obviously the suffer has massive highs, then massive lows.

It's all about managing yourself when your in the low period, but eventually you'll be in the high mood.

When your down, of course suicide would seem the best option to get it over with and you'll think "whats the point in delaying my death" been there done that.

As depression is in the mind and in a way you put it there, you CAN fight it and get rid of it. Go anywhere and type in "Depression, success stories" if can be won, just depends how strong you are.

That's why I frown at people who are suicidal, because I know for a fact that it can be overcome, just takes time and patience

None of us have the right to judge him for this. We were not there every day by his side experiencing what he was going through. Happy and healthy people don't just commit suicide he was obviously depressed to reach a point where he felt a permanent solution was necessary.

Some of you saying you hope he suffered and are saying "No RIP for him" calling him a coward etc - What is wrong with you people? The man is dead, your words don't matter one morsel now. Where were you when he was alive and needed help? Oh right you weren't there because you don't know him, well you still don't know him in death so how about some consideration and respect for the man.

I'll remember him for his great movies and not for the way in which he ended his life.

The problem I have with that is people's definition of depression. Now days if you have a bum week people say you are depressed.

Clinical depression is a completely different beast. It can happily slide into my category of things people can jump off bridges for and not be judged by me.

My objection is: "Oh my girlfriend cheated I am so depressed I want to die" suicides.

Fair comment and I don't disagree in that case.

I despise people who have a bad day and complain they are so depressed! Really? What about people who have borderline or other illness, when they say they are depressed you need to be worried....

Something obviously clicked within him and he couldnt take it anymore. Put it this way, if it was released he had inoperable cancer and made claims that he wanted to kill himself but wouldnt for his family, people would then be saying his family are selfish for keeping him alive through it. Arguments would come either way.

Yeah it is **** that his family are left without him but I'm certain he has sorted them out for life and made sure his love for them was shown in one way or another.

Well could be worse. There was this one guy around here, that killed him self in the middle of the hog yard, so that the pigs would eat him. Yep they ate him, most of him anyway.

Damn. More ppl offing themselves. Has to be the fact that a lot of them are believing in the 2012 "End of the World" tripe.

Tony Scott's fatal leap off an L.A. bridge was captured on tape by multiple cameras (one showing Tony crouched the moment he began to jump) and TMZ has learned the shots are being vigorously shopped around ... for a price.

Multiple people reached for their cell phone cameras when they noticed a man climbing over a fence on the Vincent Thomas Bridge in San Pedro in the middle of the day; and, continued to roll as he jumped off and plummeted to his death.

Some people took photos ... some recorded video. The footage was also captured by a surveillance camera from a nearby business.

TMZ has seen the footage but we did not purchase the material. It's unclear if another media outlet has taken the bait.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/21/tony-scott-death-video-shopped/

Yup, the above doesn't surprise me in the least. People just don't care as much today when they see others dying regardless of the way it goes down. Of course on the other hand these sort of things always drew people and onlookers so I suppose it could be said that it's also a part of human nature.

Anyways, has there be any official reason given yet or are people just guessing as to why?

Depression is a strange disorder. When I left the service the first time, I really couldn't cope. I was so depressed all the time. I was lashing out about everything. My family couldn't console me either. So I reenlisted. I was back to my normal happy self. I became a career man.

Before I retired from The Corps, I went through a rigorous debriefing/ psych eval and I went home a some what normal person. I still have bouts of depression but it is being managed. Many military personnel have PTSD and have even more issues with depression. Thankfully I don't have that.