[BREAKING] Apple V. Samsung Jury reaches verdict.

It's already on the front page of Neowin ("Apple wins) and they haven't finished reading the ****ing thing yet. Pathetic.

All the tech sites are covering it the same way. Its obvious Apple is winning on most counts. Thus, they win the case.

Silly question, but what do SEC, STA, SEA correspond to? Samsung's divisions? If so I'm gusssing "Samsung Electronics Co," "Samsung Electronics America," and...

Also, given they're evaluating patent infringement on a device-by-device basis it's a bit early to claim a clean victory or defeat.

wouldn't '381, '163, and '915 be just part of the OS, not really samsung's thing? or is that only on samsung android phones?

That is one thing I never really understood. A lot of the things Apple was whining like a little bitch about are part of Android and not anything Samsung specific.

what's STA,SEC,etc??

Samsung Electronics America (SEA)

Samsung Telecommunications America (STA)

Samsung Electronics Co. (SEC)

This is a sad day for tech industry. The worst proprietary company gets a winning verdict on most obvious patents. This is going to cause a huge issue for everyone who wants to use similar gestures for their devices.

I don't think the jury understands what they have done really and how far reaching consequences this will have on consumer choice.

That is one thing I never really understood. A lot of the things Apple was whining like a little bitch about are part of Android and not anything Samsung specific.

Since they make 'both' pieces their strategy is clearly to attack both 'offending' prongs - hardware and software. Since they put that software on, its fair game. Google is on deck now.

And most of the things they are getting slammed on are old products or issues that can be resolved via a software update.

Yes, but Apple will be awarded damages based on sales of all those offending devices.

Well, Samsung will be able to afford any fines. And most of the things they are getting slammed on are old products or issues that can be resolved via a software update.

fixing round squares...via software update?

Hopefully this will spur new innovation and Samsung won't feel the need to just copy what Apple has done. Windows Phone although I don't like it, is innovative and looks absolutely nothing like an iPhone in any way and it was created in a post-iPhone world. So it clearly shows you can create a very capable smart phone without needing to replicate the iPhones user interface and in the case of the Lumia phones you can make a beautiful piece of hardware without copying the iPhone either.

I expect great things from Samsung in the next 24 months.

• Like 2