Windows XP-like Windows Embedded POS 2009 Supported Until 2019

It may be getting the same updates as normal XP now, but will that still be the case after 2014?

Maybe, if you want to pay for per-incident support. Extending support doesn't mean public patches, it means support if you have an issue.

Ya we have been OWNED. Us, the people moving on and not looking for cash register OS's just cause we are too lazy or cheap to upgrade. Ya the jokes on us completely. You got it.

I was referring to the Windows XP haters who make it their life mission to destroy and ridicule anyone who still uses XP. I have moved on myself but don't care what OS other people use. Others, however, get really fired up whenever they see a machine still running XP and it would absolutely torture them if XP support got extended again (referring to actual "Windows XP" support being extended without resorting to a Point of Sale XP edition)

What's the point of this post? That people with Windows XP POSReady 2009 will have to pay for support after 2014?

Read first post carefully.

I did and you made it a point to show us where it reads that Windows POSReady 2009 will be getting extended support until 2019.

Read first post carefully.

The lines to read between are quite huge. Your first post is clearly an attempt at a victory in your very apparent agenda. I'm sorry but it's not. No amount of updates are going to put you on the same playing field.

• Like 2

We use Windows Embedded on our Symbol/Motorola Handheld terminals here at work. Which we use for order processing.

not really sure how this would help any unless you were going to download each KB manually to install them (if you even wanted to)

Yeah, download manually or transfer the files from a POS running in a VM,

WTH would anyone other than you want to run POS software designed for POS hardware in a VM? :|

Because a lot of people, including myself don't like Microsoft's latest offerings. I know it's hard to grasp here at Windows 7 fanboys central. Join some other forums. ;)

I was referring to the Windows XP haters who make it their life mission to destroy and ridicule anyone who still uses XP. I have moved on myself but don't care what OS other people use. Others, however, get really fired up whenever they see a machine still running XP and it would absolutely torture them if XP support got extended again (referring to actual "Windows XP" support being extended without resorting to a Point of Sale XP edition)

Me personally I just like to ridicule the people who complain that cutting edge tech and software won't run on an 11 year old Operating System.

• Like 2

Because a lot of people, including myself don't like Microsoft's latest offerings. I know it's hard to grasp here at Windows 7 fanboys central/ Join some other forums. ;)

So what happens in 2019 when you can no longer get updates from your Windows XP POSReady 2009 VM?

So what happens in 2019 when you can no longer get updates from your Windows XP POSReady 2009 VM?

Disable network services and use firefox

Guys, comon MS supported Windows 3.11 until the end of 2008... it came out in 1992... that was 16 years! and that was WINDOWS 3.11! This whole discussion is pointless, because the support is only for embedded systems... which was what windows 3.11 was supported for also that long

I hope they can reverse enginneer these updates to make them work on windows XP proff...... windows xp forever x

They won't need to be reverse engineered. It's the same updates, KB numbers, etc. See my screenshot earlier in the thread.

I hope they can reverse enginneer these updates to make them work on windows XP proff...... windows xp forever x

So software luddites are a thing now. :|

Because a lot of people, including myself don't like Microsoft's latest offerings. I know it's hard to grasp here at Windows 7 fanboys central. Join some other forums. ;)

If this is Windows 7 fanboys central (I hope that's what you mean because your post doesn't make much sense otherwise), why bother posting XP stuff here? :laugh:

Microsoft sells embedded versions long after they stop selling general editions, this is nothing new.

If your point is that you can use these updates to keep using XP, then you failed to properly say that in OP. If you want to stick to XP, more power to you (because, damn you will need it). Someday you will need to move on though.

• Like 3

Alot of windows xp haters.... It is from 2001 yet the kernel is still more advanced then linux latest nightly build :lol:

Very few people hate Windows XP .... it's old hat now and 11 years old .... and when people highlight this they are called XP haters.

If Neowin is Windows 7 fanboy central (not that it is) then doesn't that tell how good Windows 7 is and what your missing by refusing to upgrade?