Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

• 1 month later...

Star Clark Gregg says the upcoming TV show won't explicitly reveal how Agent Coulson survived his apparent death in The Avengers:

"After people see the show, they'll have some clue as to why I'm still there, still breathing. But I don't think they'll know everything...

He also discusses his possible return in subsequent Marvel films:

"Joss is right over there. That's a really good question. I want to go ask him. I don't know. If my schedule doesn't conflict, and they need him in one of the movies, will they come calling? My feeling is that there's no breaks in continuity with this and the Marvel movie universe. It makes sense in that universe, and I certainly feel like his chances of appearing in those movies are far better than when he was far out dead."

And here are his thoughts on Agent Coulson in general, and why he signed on to resurrect the character for the show:

"I signed a multi-year deal for Agent Coulson when it was just three lines. It just turned into something more. It's always a little nerve-wracking because it's not something you're used to. We have designed obsolescence, we actors. At the same time, the relationship between Agent Coulson and the fans is moving to me, and I don't think it comes along very often, and I've been doing this a while. And some of this stuff is happening to me when I'm not in my 20s, not by a long shot. Once I knew that Joss and his brother Jed and Maurissa, his wife, were involved, and I saw the script, and thought, "This is what it's going to be like," then there's nothing else I'd rather be doing."

http://collider.com/clark-gregg-trust-me-shield-tv-series-interview/

Joss Whedon (MARVEL?S THE AVENGERS, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) shows us not all heroes are super with MARVEL?S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

Fresh from his role in the summer?s box office smash, MARVEL?S THE AVENGERS, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) returns to the worldwide law enforcement organization S.H.I.E.L.D. He puts together a small, highly trained, team of Agents to tackle the cases that haven?t been classified yet, the new, the strange and the unknown. That team consists of straight arrow Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), an expert in combat and espionage; pilot and martial artist Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen); and brilliant if socially awkward scientists Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge). They?ll be joined by civilian new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).

Prepare for an epic adventure that showcases the hope and wonder of the human spirit. This is a world of Super Heroes, aliens and the unusual ? of action, spectacle and world spanning stories. The show will speak to the human condition through the lens of our very human, non-powered S.H.I.E.L.D agents ? that together we are greater than we are apart, and that we can make a difference in the world.

Executive Produced and co-written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen (Dollhouse, Dr.Horrible?s Sing-Along Blog), Jeffrey Bell (Angel, Alias) and Jeph Loeb (Smallville, Lost, Heroes) comes Marvel?s first live-action TV series, MARVEL?S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

I know this is fiction and all but guys, come on, can we stop bringing back characters who "died". I'm all for keeping a show fresh with killing less important characters and bringing in new ones.

I know this is fiction and all but guys, come on, can we stop bringing back characters who "died". I'm all for keeping a show fresh with killing less important characters and bringing in new ones.

Apparently the story of how Coulson survived is a Season long arc :/

Apparently the story of how Coulson survived is a Season long arc :/

And besides, while Steve Rogers was exposed to the Super-Soldier Serum (and Nick Fury himself to the similar Infinity Serum), could *either* have been *super* or *meta* class without it? (Here's a toughie for the sabermetricians among the Marvel Universe fans - what exactly DID Fury get out of the Infinity Serum? What Steve Rogers got out of the Super-Soldier Serum is known.)

You do realize that S.H.I.E.L.D. has android duplicates of many key personnel & heroes, right? Look up "Life Model Decoy." Tony Stark pretended to be his LMD in Avengers to avoid a call from Coulson. Probably a setup.

• 1 month later...

Full Season Ordered

Various sources are reporting that ABC has given Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. a full season order. The pilot was helmed by Joss Whedon and the series will feature the return of Clark Gregg's 'Agent Coulson' (who previously appeared in Iron Man, Iron Man 2, THOR and The Avengers).

Last time I checked The S.H.I.E.L.D pilot episode has already completed filming.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni48073014/

"Marvel?s creative consultant Joss Whedon (The Avengers, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly) directed and co-wrote the pilot."

"It has been confirmed that the S.H.I.E.L.D. series will take place after the events of last year?s The Avengers. It will be part of Marvel?s ?Phase 2? continuity, (Which includes Iron Man 3, Thor: Dark World, Captain America: the Winter Soldier, and the Guardians of the Galaxy) which bridges the gap between the first Avengers film and the intended 2015 sequel. "

You guys needs to catch up. lol