• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

-Update- Resolved-Screen refreshes/ redraws closing things

Detection    2,255

Can't see anything I recognise as bad but there is plenty I don't recognise but could just be part of your setup at work

Do you know what these are ?

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [_nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [_nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [_nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [_nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'Default user')

O23 - Service: System i Access for Windows Remote Command (Cwbrxd) - IBM Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\cwbrxd.exe

I would install something like Comodo or Zonealarm free firewall and set it to notify you for every connection attempt, then as you OK each one, take notes what they are until one of them sets the refresh problem going again

Geoffrey B.    1,415

Those keys are for the VPN and for the iSeries Navigator (connection to AS400)

If i install Zone Alarm free it completely stops the issue however, installing zonealarm on all of those computers is not going to be an option and i could not find a way to get zone alarm to give me a break down of all the connections and what they were doing.

Geoffrey B.    1,415

~ISSUE RESOLVED~

Turns out we had a group policy that was looking every 15 seconds for an executable on a server to install something via SCCM

the processes that were showing up where because they were used to authenticate to the SCCM server and look for the installer.

Since there was no installer it would retry... every 15 seconds.