'Mysterious' Baltic Sea Object Identified

Hum

A feature on the floor of the Baltic Sea that was discovered last summer by Swedish treasure hunters is making headlines once again. The latest media coverage draws upon an hour-long radio interview with Peter Lindberg, head of the Ocean X Team (which made the "discovery"), in which Lindberg delivers a string of cryptic and titillating statements about the "strange" and "mysterious" seafloor object his team has been exploring for a year.

Lindberg discusses various possibilities for what the object might be: "It has these very strange stair formations, and if it is constructed, it must be constructed tens of thousands of years ago before the Ice Age," he said in the radio interview. (The peak of the most recent Ice Age occurred some 20,000 years ago.)

"If this is Atlantis, that would be quite amazing," he said. Atlantis is a mythical underwater city referred to in ancient legends.

Lindberg acknowledges that the object could instead be a natural formation, such as a meteorite that penetrated the ice during the Ice Age, or an underwater volcano; however, he gives the impression that scientists are baffled by it. Geologists, for example, have supposedly told him the object "cannot be a volcano."

Also adding titillation, Lindberg says a documentary is being made about the seafloor anomaly ? the location of which he has not disclosed ? and he's saving some juicy details for the footage. "We're not telling everything," he said. "We will reveal some quite interesting things in the documentary."

The divers recently gave samples of stone from the object to Volker Br?chert, an associate professor of geology at Stockholm University. Swedish tabloids quote Br?chert as saying: "I was surprised when I researched the material I found a great black stone that could be a volcanic rock. My hypothesis is that this object, this structure was formed during the Ice Age many thousands of years ago."

"It's good to hear critical voices about this 'Baltic Sea mystery,'" Br?chert wrote in an email. "What has been generously ignored by the Ocean-X team is that most of the samples they have brought up from the sea bottom are granites and gneisses and sandstones."

These, he explains, are exactly what one would expect to see in a glacial basin, which is what the Baltic Sea is ? a region carved out by glacial ice long ago.

Aside from a widely-reproduced illustration recently created by a graphics artist in which the Baltic seafloor object is rendered as a beautiful, Atlantis-like archaeological site, there has only ever been one actual image of the Baltic Sea object: the original sonar scan image captured by the divers last summer, in which the object resembles a crashed UFO spaceship. But experts told us that sonar image should be disregarded.

more

mudslag

Kind of throws a monkey wrench into those Ocean-X's plans.

Growled

I'm now leaning toward a natural formation of some sort.

Praetor

Article says it was identified, then fails to say what it was; big article and it's full of nothing. FAIL.

on a side note: the SONAR image looks like the Millennium Falcon lol

• Like 4
metallithrax

Article says it was identified, then fails to say what it was; big article and it's full of nothing. FAIL.

Agreed, if it is identified, then tell us what it is.

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

stairs ? isnt this the thing that looked like the Millinium Falcon

also i like the " we will reveal some thing in the documentary ", in other words, we want more money so were going to reveal more of the tin foil hat theories in the video so you have to buy it

• Like 1
mudslag

on a side note: the SONAR image looks like the Millennium Falcon lol

The divers recently gave samples of stone from the object to Volker Br?chert, an associate professor of geology at Stockholm University. Swedish tabloids quote Br?chert as saying: "I was surprised when I researched the material I found a great black stone that could be a volcanic rock. My hypothesis is that this object, this structure was formed during the Ice Age many thousands of years ago."

"It's good to hear critical voices about this 'Baltic Sea mystery,'" Br?chert wrote in an email. "What has been generously ignored by the Ocean-X team is that most of the samples they have brought up from the sea bottom are granites and gneisses and sandstones."

These, he explains, are exactly what one would expect to see in a glacial basin, which is what the Baltic Sea is ? a region carved out by glacial ice long ago.

Basically it's rock

Hum

I knew they wouldn't admit to spaceship. :ninja:

+warwagon

I know EXACTLY What that is!

It's Yo Mama!

ahhell

It's Al Capone's vault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Growled

I knew they wouldn't admit to spaceship. :ninja:

It's not time yet. Too many unbelievers yet.

Praetor

I know EXACTLY What that is!

It's Yo Mama!

oh damn it, i've been warwagoned!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
SuperJediMedia

To the hell with vague

• 2 weeks later...
Hum

Sure looks manufactured to me:

post-37120-0-26372800-1348358661.jpg

mudslag

Sure looks manufactured to me:

insert facepalm.jpg

From the link you provided.

NOTE: PLEASE READ: This is a painting by the artist Hauke Vagt. It's his interpretation of what this object looks like after piecing together various comments made by Peter Lindberg and Dennis Alsberg. This is NOT a underwater photo taken by deep sea divers of this anomaly.
  • 3 weeks later...
Guth

Yep, to further reiterate this;

"The rendering makes the object look manmade, but it almost definitely isn't."

From article source

Here is an updated painting:

ancient_artifact_by_vaghauk-d5h6kui.jpg

Here is the OceanX website: http://www.oceanexplorer.se/

Here is a good website with articles on the baltic anomaly: http://truthfall.com/tag/oceanx/

Also, a link to the illustrations section of a website dedicated to the anomaly: http://thebalticanomaly.se/illustrations/

I'm really intrigued by this.

• 1 month later...
Growled

I can see it being not man made but I still would like to know the circumstances that led to it being created.