Yes - I know it's old hardware and yes I know it is archaic, but for me, it is 'new' ~sorta~. (Scroll down for the TL;DR) :)

I have a prepaid phone through iWireless which is a service sold by the Kroger family of stores. Not really bad service (They lease their service from Sprint so on their network and towers), but their billing is full of wierdness. After my preaid levels are used, the phone is being shelved in favor of our contracted provider (Verizon) which we had to leave for a short time.

In any event, I have had this phone for a couple of months, bought it new from the Kroger store and things were pretty good! Slow as heck phone, but easy to overclock and completely durable. Within 24 hours of ownership, I went ahead and rooted the phone and never looked back until today...

For the past few nights, late at night early in the morning, I would get Anonymous callers who would hang up and call over and over again. I normally put the ringer on silent but was too tired to remember last night to do so. So why not block them you ask? Simple! My job censors their numbers on outgoing lines for security reasons, and I have to allow Anonymous numbers on my cell phone as I have to carry my phone out in the 'field' working on computers and accept calls for new jobs. So, After being woken up at 3 this morning, I decided to have my cell number changed, this is where the trouble began.

It turns out that rooting the phone isn't so much of an issue, but changing from their stock Rom is. The number change worked fine, can receive and make calls, but data is out of comission. Getting error codes. To make a super long story short, I am now on an escallated tech support callback list so they can manually reprogram the phone. I have restored as close to their original Rom as possible (A Sprint Rom), and hope to have that fixed tomorrow at the latest.

In any event - point of advice, IF you ever go with prepaid wireless and get the insane urge to overwrite your carrier's Rom, BACK THE FRIGGING ROM UP FIRST!, In my overzealousness, I didn't and am now regretting the 14 hours I have lost trying to get data back up and running.

TL;DR - I rooted and overwrote factory rom of HTC Hero from prepaid, change my number today, lost part of my data provisioning and can't get it back as easily as I want. Lesson I learned - back up factory rom before ovewriting it. :)

It is one of the smartest creation of HTC I guess. I mean it is damn simple to use, have cool design, lovely features, amazing user interface, brilliant touch and have many other cool features.

Yeah - too bad though it is at least 5 year old tech. Still haven't gotten the data problem fixed and never will I bet. But, it is a good little phone. Was reading on a forum elsewhere about how one guy ran over his when it dropped out of his shirt pocket while mowing. His mower hit it, flung it against a tree and it still worked. Not a single crack in the screen, just a deep scratch. Speaks for it's durability.

• 2 weeks later...

HTC Hero is one of the android supported device as well as its a smartphone. This device also support A-GPS and also provide standard battery. These device provide color range and touchscreen. I have this device and I am so much enjoying for using this device.